You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why are some natives so screwed up?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why are some natives so screwed up?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 12:33 PM EDT (US)         
I just tried to rush with mantlets, and i failed. Besides the fact that you can only build 5 of them, they are extremly weak too with like 25 siege damage :S. Why they put them in the game anyway? I doubt anyone will use these guys to rush with. They shoulda balance the native civs more.
AuthorReplies:
tster123
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 08:24 PM EDT (US)     26 / 36       
tupi archers will decimate a pike or janny rush.
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 00:27 AM EDT (US)     27 / 36       

Quote:

I agree that the Iroquis are one of the worst natives in the game & what is more scary, is that fact that its been said these are gonna be a new civ in the expansion pack.

Don't judge the natives by how they are in the game. Historically, the Iroquois were hugely important in the north-eastern Americas. I'm really hoping that they're getting a boost in the nest patch, they deserve it.

iam_Chrono_J
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 00:41 AM EDT (US)     28 / 36       
Very true, Iroquois are incredibly useless. Mantlets stink, and so do Tomahawks. They're the only indian tribe not worth using. All of the others have their uses, with varying ranges of effictiveness. (and depending on the map) My personal favorite are the Comanche, effective vs. all units, strong and decent raiders (simply cause they're fast) And when you've hogged all of the Comanche camps on a map like Texas or Great Plains, you can have a huge force of colonial cav that kill all other colonial units. Very tasty.
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 00:45 AM EDT (US)     29 / 36       
I made a reply in Sandy's thread on agecommunity about the Iroquois. He better damn listen.
devi0us
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 01:19 AM EDT (US)     30 / 36       
The natives do need some balancing. It would be great to make all of them slightly appealing than your own units. We would certainly see a lot of more native use then.

And LMAO ub3r got pwned.

My ESO name is devi0us
somme
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 02:44 AM EDT (US)     31 / 36       
The natives aren't supposed to be all the same... Some natives are designed to be more powerful than others which is why they they appear on different maps. I don't know about you guys, but an hour into a long game I wouldn't mind being able to call an army of 30 mantlets to destroy his base while I fight his army. Some natives aren't designed for rushing and some are useless late game. That's just the way it was made.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 03:18 AM EDT (US)     32 / 36       
Did you notice that it's still the only good thing they get? Lakotas can get almost as many Dog Soldiers (a far superior unit) in that time, a herd of bison to hunt for excellent early hunting, and some damn good instant cavalry. And the Lakota and Iroquois sometimes appear on the same Great Lakes map. So tell me - what exactly are the Iroquois meant to be good at when the Lakota better them in almost every way? I don't think that's balanced at all.
ummBeefy
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 11:56 AM EDT (US)     33 / 36       
The iroquois are good on great lakes if you can get all 4 posts. I dont know if this is even possible post 1.05. 20 mantlets with 40 axes can be a powerful combo in a team game.
justiw
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 01:20 PM EDT (US)     34 / 36       
I like the iroquois tech that boosts gunpowder units. Mantlets/tomahawks are a good unit to mix in with your standard infantry. They suck as standalones, but when you add them to your existing force they work wonderfully. Tomahawks are pretty good treasure hunters too. If you put 5 or so of them with your explorer, you can take any treasure on the map.

The iroquois aren't game winners until late game (mantlet tech is very powerful), but they are still good.

Counter the attack, then Counter Attack!!!
Shizzle
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 02:17 PM EDT (US)     35 / 36       
20 mantlets powerfull???? omg man. They cost 100 freakin gold. Gold you need for other things. And they dont perform that good. They are by far the weakest natives.
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 02:34 PM EDT (US)     36 / 36       
Not really devi0us.

A "torch" is a very vague term. And besides what were they using anyway? They certainly didnt have lighters and just light random objects on fire and throw them into the building.

They had to have some kind of accelerant on a club with a cloth that stood lit on fire, using that to light other things on fire and throw onto the building. Which is kinda the same idea as a moltov coctail. Not simply a "torch". There are many kinds of torches.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by ub3r (edited 03-20-2006 @ 02:34 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames