You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » trample? does anyone use it?
Bottom
Topic Subject:trample? does anyone use it?
steve09
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:12 PM EDT (US)         
i have seen people use it before. the horse just rears up and kicks, and they march funny too in an arrowhead formation. ive never used it myself, it does less damage then in regular melee mode. does anyone know what it does? is it worht it? plz comment.thanks.
AuthorReplies:
filmdirector2
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
There was a thread a while ago that proved trample was only effective against 1HP minutemen.
EmperorPatrick
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       

Quote:

There was a thread a while ago that proved trample was only effective against 1HP minutemen.

Indeed. Only use it in that scenario, or when you feel like having your cavalry slaughtered.

AOE III/TWC: 1st Lieutenant
TAD: Master Sergeant (~30 Games Played)
The Bob
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
only noobs use it
Bobby the 2nd
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
I use it more often then that........ consider it a self destruct - i only use it when my cav are surrounded, or when i feel like making an extravagant gesture

"You, know , one day i might move to Scotland. and then get drunk, then paint woad on my face, then run around with a sword and shield until i get arrested,lol." - some history forum user

Winston Churchill was a member of both the 4th Queens Own Hussars and the 21st Lancers. As a a member of the 21st Lancers, he led one of the last british cavalry charges, against the muslims in sudan.

steve09
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
thanks for the info, but what does it do? does it do area? faster attack? thanks
irishdevil10
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 08:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Trample damage hurts all surrounding enemies, however you are majorly hurt as well. I guess if you have a lot of cavalry attack strong villagers you can use it. I'd rather kill all the vills before they run to the TC, even if I do lose a few units. My advice however, don't use it.

#1 NFL team=Chicago Bears
#1 NCAA Football team=Notre Dame Fighting Irish
#1 NCAA Basketball team=Duke Blue Devils
#1 AOEIII players= THE KNIGHTS OF NI!!!! NI!!! NI!!!
Syzygy
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 08:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Yeah, it deals splash damage... but to you as well. Never use it, and NEVER use it with curriseers.

~Syz
Join the Revolution. www.awrev.com
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 09:58 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
you dont really need to use it with the french ponies. No point, they already do splaash

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
Trample is definitely the most useless formation in the game. It decreases the amount of damage done and spreads that decreased damage in an area. In addition, the cavalry moves slower.

If that was it, I would say it would be very useful in certain circumstances but there is another more significant disadvantage that it kills the unit as well.

The comment was made about never using Trample for a Cuirassier. This is because a Cuirassier gets 2 area (30) damage already. Using trample will still give you 2 area (20) damage and slow you down. No point in even showing it on this unit.

Ensemble should have put more thought into their formations in general. All of them are lacking compared to previous Age of Empires games and other RTS games in general (i.e. patrol in Star craft, a defend formation that followed units in AOE2, etc.).

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
OpenAmp
Banned
posted 03-20-06 00:40 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
just to see what it did, i had a low HP cuir trample mode some vills.

the cuir killed itself. LOL.

never use it. speed reduction, and lowering HP. DON'T USE.

Strong Man
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 04:14 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Not really powerful, and hurts your expensive, slow-training, and high pop cavalries.

Hand attack mode of muskets vs horses or artilleries, and cover mode of individual hand infantry vs buildings are much more useful.

In case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good night!
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 03-20-06 11:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
Even if you are going to auto-destruct yourself, Cavalry will do more total damage in normal mode...

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
DannyBoy17
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Actually, if I remember correctly, doesnt it pwn Strelets royally also?
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 02:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
Trample is EXTREMLY effective versus minute old minute men.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames