You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Stalemate?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stalemate?
ZELOBSTER
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 00:03 AM EDT (US)         
Can anyone explain to me (simply!) what a stalemate is in the game, and how you do end up stalemating.

" In peace, sons bury their fathers, but in war, fathers bury their sons." - King Croesus of Lydia
" You cannot fight for something you do not love." - Me, a proverb I invented when i was 7 years of age, for my pretend country.
Visit my Stupidest Things Seen On ESO Thread!
I am rather unpleasant
ESO Name: ZELOBSTER
AuthorReplies:
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 00:12 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
A stalemate is when neither side can win, and in fact it is impossible to get into this position thus general it means a long drawn out war. Generally this happens when both players have equal economies, equal skill lvls, and both are being to stupid to acturally use tactics

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • Toysoldier14
    Skirmisher
    posted 03-20-06 00:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
    Yep, Mokon basically summed it up.

stale·mate
    A situation in which further action is blocked; a deadlock.
    A drawing position in chess in which the king, although not in check, can move only into check and no other piece can move.

Thats from dictionary.com, anyways.

In AOE 3, it usually occurs when both players are of equal stregth and skill. If you find yourself in a stalemate, work hard to get natives, and new Trading sites.
    If that doesn't work, upgrade your troops and make sure your factories are making guns.
    If you still have no success, try advancing the the Imperial Age. The Capitol building gives some extreme technologies that you may use to boost both your economy and military prowess.

I reject your reality, and substatute my own!
    deathmf
    Skirmisher
    posted 03-20-06 01:19 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
    and... build counters...
    ZELOBSTER
    Skirmisher
    posted 03-20-06 01:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
    lol thanks, i knew what it was in chess though lol.

" In peace, sons bury their fathers, but in war, fathers bury their sons." - King Croesus of Lydia
    " You cannot fight for something you do not love." - Me, a proverb I invented when i was 7 years of age, for my pretend country.
    Visit my Stupidest Things Seen On ESO Thread!
    I am rather unpleasant
    ESO Name: ZELOBSTER
    White_IrishKing
    Skirmisher
    posted 03-20-06 03:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
    well i wouldnt think that a stalement wouldnt happened if your not im imp with fully upgraded troops and have been fighting forever. but it would be really hard to have an actual stalemate. thanks to plantations and whales, games can go on forever, but WILL end.
    Spikeman56
    Skirmisher
    posted 03-20-06 07:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
    I have been in horrible stalemate once. It was a 3v3 on Amazon. It was impossible to land on the other side of the river because both the teams massed all the ships and towers they could get. Nothing got accomplished. My allies and I tried multiple strategies to get to there side of the river, but once (if you were able to) reach there side you only had a few units left because most ships sank. I eventually had to leave because no one could win. I have never played amazon since fearing another endless game.
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames