AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
AuthorReplies:
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 04-10-06 09:57 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
There's a good topic at sanctuary for this: http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOE3&fview=2&showtopic=43629

I think you need to be logged in to view the forums.

superdroideka
Skirmisher
posted 04-11-06 03:44 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       

click here

SUPERDROIDEKA
jabelar
Skirmisher
posted 04-12-06 02:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
How many of these are actually worth it? It seems like you lose something for the gains (things get more expensive), and you have to use a few HC shipments as well. Plus they still cost fair bit of gold (like Wallenstein's contracts you "get mercenaries for free" but have to pay 4000 gold for it!)

Maybe I'm not looking at it properly, but can't convince myself that these are better than some other HC shipments ...

[This message has been edited by jabelar (edited 04-12-2006 @ 02:53 PM).]

superdroideka
Skirmisher
posted 04-12-06 06:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
let's see:

British

Thin red line: +20% HP, -25%speed. It's worth it IMO, you can compensate the speed penalty by researching militairy drummers (or something like that, get this tech by shipping the "improved arsenal" HC card)

Black Watch: 8 highlanders for 1000 food. This is great, 1000 food for 8 highlanders isn't much. Highlanders are very powerful.

Roger's rangers: 26(!) roger's rangers (=guard skirmishers) for 2000 gold. This is great too. Definately worth it if your enemy uses a lot of infantry.

German
Tilly discipline: +20%speed, +10% price. This is expensive. I'd do it late game when you have a great economy, this tech makes dopples even better.

Wallenstein: expensive, might be useful in team games or no rush where you'll probably hire a lot of mercs.

Zweihander: 12 dopples +10% dopple HP for 2000 gold: expensive but very good if you use a lot of dopples.

Conclusion: If you use a lot of dopples or plan to hire many mercs, this card is usefull, otherwise don't bother.

Spanish
Corselet: +25% heavy inf HP, -25%speed: I'm not sure about this one. I think it's great if your enemy likes melee cavalry or if you plan to raze the enemy's town with pikemen.

Quatrefage: 13 guard halbs for 1000 wood, dunno but since you already have great pikemen and rodeleros, I think this is useless.

Wild geese: 10 wild geese (=hackapells) for 2000 wood. Depends on the situation, not that good IMO

I won't cover the other civs.

General conclusion: This card might be very usefull or completely useless, it depends on the civ you use and the strategy you use.

SUPERDROIDEKA
I am Me 2
Banned
posted 04-12-06 07:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
what are u guys talking about???? ive never seen these cards in game! Red line, ranger rogers stahouder, wtf????
Kdude
Skirmisher
posted 04-12-06 09:54 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
The cards are from shipping the unique church upgrade from your hc. It looks like a little scroll in the cathedral.

Signing Off,
~Kdude

(Peter is surrounded by apes with guns in a net)
"Hey, hey, ok. How many dirty stinking apes does it take to screw in a light bulb? 3, one dirty stinking ape to screw in the lightbulb and two dirty stinking apes to throw feces at each other. Eheheheehehheheheheheh."
ESO:French_Assailant
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames