You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.160 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Longbowmen, Strelets and Abus guns
Bottom
Topic Subject:Longbowmen, Strelets and Abus guns
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
Hockeystar
Skirmisher
posted 06-28-06 08:57 AM EDT (US)         
These units are undestuctible in age 2 with a little anti-cav supporting them. Should these units be nerfed?
AuthorReplies:
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 07:24 PM EDT (US)     151 / 160       

Quote:

Heck, even lower rated Brit players are pretty tough to go up against, if they know what they're doing.

Yeah, that's true. I don't think there is a bug with them. You just have to be aware of their set up time. I just thought it was weird how you asid 2100 players because there are definitely lower ranked players that can handle them.

I'm ranked nowhere near 2100 and I don't think they're bugged. It's just a characteristic of them that you have to be aware of.

ESO: Steel_Reign

*Doles out the harshness*

gazza89
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 07:24 PM EDT (US)     152 / 160       
longbows beat hussars

nuff sed

Killersquirrel
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 07:25 PM EDT (US)     153 / 160       

Quote:

I'm ranked nowhere near 2100 and I don't think they're bugged. It's just a characteristic of them that you have to be aware of.

You mean it isn't a bug that makes them stop firing and reload even when they're ready to shoot?

Bill: Bob, I see troops advancing.
Bob: Damn, I can't get my grenades to light. Get over here and block the wind.
Bill: Do you hear gunshots?
Bob: I'm running out of matches. Hurry up.
bill: They just shanked john.
bob: He'll be dearly missed. Now help me ligh-
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 07:35 PM EDT (US)     154 / 160       

Quote:

You mean it isn't a bug that makes them stop firing and reload even when they're ready to shoot?

I've never gotten frustrated with it. It's not the most convenient thing but it only would have a big effect if you kept switching targets just before your lbows fired. Other than that the only time it will happen is if they're about to fire on a target, but it dies so it then switches to a new one. There's another set up delay there.

It's certainly shouldn't cost anyone a game though. I've never felt that I lost a game because of it. If a bug were going to be fixed, I would rather it was cav pathing or artillery. Artillery is the most annoying thing in the world. Right click to attack target -> cannon apparently thinks it can melee the target and wanders over there without ever firing. Great...

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 07:53 PM EDT (US)     155 / 160       

Quote:

Heck, even lower rated Brit players are pretty tough to go up against, if they know what they're doing.

x_x

Are you serious? Sure, if you let them FF and just spam longbows while housebooming, they will certainly own anything, but Britain is very weak earlier on, due to dependency on wood, and there only solid military unit, longbowmen, which need to be massed in order to be very effective.

Britain is easily one of the weakest civs to use in 1v1, that's what I learned, and why I have Spain as my 1v1 now and Britain as my team or 2nd civ.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Real2002
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     156 / 160       
Yeah, brits aren't great in 1v1 unless you're really good at the game. But then again, I made the mistake of starting off with them and I enjoy team games more, so I play those a lot more, which didn't help me in 1v1 at all.

LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 10:06 PM EDT (US)     157 / 160       

Quote:

Britain is easily one of the weakest civs to use in 1v1, that's what I learned, and why I have Spain as my 1v1 now and Britain as my team or 2nd civ.

No, its not.

Probably Russians are. Its quite easy to stop a strelet rush, with more and more people using colonial militia. Same goes for musket semi-rush-FF, or even the Russian FF people are using.

In order to win, be it with a Russian FF or other strat, you have to be on your feet the entire game and aggressive enough to take the lead before your opponent can overwhelm you with shipments and ranged cavalry.

I, unfortunately, cannot seem to do this anymore, for some reason (must be that I'm playing Dutch more) I've lost some of my assertiveness in-game. I have lost quite a few games now to ranged cav massers.

Longbows, on the other hand, are one of the few things Germans fear, as do Ports. Especially ports, since they don't get good artillery until Industrial.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
x size
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 10:09 PM EDT (US)     158 / 160       
can any one tell me how to watch a recorded game once it is down loaded
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 10:53 PM EDT (US)     159 / 160       
The Russian rush, much like the Ottoman rush, is virtually ineffective. Why? Because 99% of all players who use Russian or Ottoman rush, under any circumstances. If you know EXACTLY what you enemy is doing, it's obviously easy to counter.

And I guess it's fair to say that Russia may be very, very, very slightly UP.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 07-07-06 03:44 AM EDT (US)     160 / 160       
I agree about Russia being slightly UP, I use Russia the most and in a late game that goes past fortress, you better hope your not playing against the ottomans or french because here come the abus guns or few cuirs to wipe the only thing russia seems to have late game, strelets combined with muskets. Cossacks seem to lose their worth later game, and don't get me started on CAs. You only have 1 factory in your deck. That sucks. You can't spam barracks everywhere. That also sucks. I think the best thing russia could receive in a later patch, to make them stronger later in Industrial and Imperial age, would be, getting the second factory, and the much needed Cavalry Archer boost. Ops are good raiders, but they can't stand up to goons or any other type of troop for that matter. I think they should be just a little more multi-purpose than just raiding. I'm sure I forgot what else makes russia slightly UP late game, but with more people figuring out how to beat the early strelet rush, I think russia might become as useless as Dutch.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames