You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Great lakes gone nuts?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Great lakes gone nuts?
Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 09:08 AM EDT (US)         
well this is really simple but really anoyed me, I played a game in grea lake, it was frozen all normal right? no.... outta the 6 or so gold mines the CLOSEST one was halfway along the map (quite simply ridiculously far away, which lead me to wonder how do the map place the gold mines? are they random or what? I had always thought there was some sort of order but my last game just made me woder it.
AuthorReplies:
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 09:19 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
It happened to me in a single player game aswell.

It was on the green version, not the ice version.

I'm just glad it was on singleplayer and not online!

I guess it needs to be fixed. Though it doesn't seem to be a very well known bug. You are thr first person that seems to have noticed it other than me as far as I am aware. But I may have missed other mentions of it.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
Machiavelli_IUB
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 09:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Probably what happened was that where the script intended for the starting gold mine to be, it was covered with ice so it couldn't place it. So then that gold mine just disappears. Just start over if this happens.

Machiavelli_IUB
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Yea, not to be a n00b, but that's why in any game, if I don't have any trees, a gold mine, and a group of hunting (of any size, just need SOME group), I just resign and if it's a custom game rejoin or rehost. I don't do it to be lame, but some of the random maps are ... too random, and unbalanced.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
timbo1390
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 03:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
if ur playing on da green version, w/ water and u have a carav el from age up or shipment u can always transport vilis to the center island where their is norm 3 gold mines.

Eso: Otis_
PR: 32 / 1980 on cuetech
WookieBait
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 03:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
The unfrozen great lakes often also has a silver mine or 2 on the island in the middle of the lake, which is a great source of coin that is unraidable as long as you have control of the lake, although if you don't have docks up or an age-up ship, it may not be worth going to and outposting, especially if you have more local mines, or are in fortress by the time local ones are gone and have a 2nd or 3rd TC up farther in the map by more mines.

EDIT: Wow, I'm nub, didn't even see the guy above me mention the mines.. :\

[This message has been edited by WookieBait (edited 07-04-2006 @ 03:30 PM).]

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 00:08 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
^ yes you are.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames