You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » He who makes more War Wagons, Wins!
Bottom
Topic Subject:He who makes more War Wagons, Wins!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 07-04-06 04:42 PM EDT (US)         
a sad day for some it was, _DauT_ returns to aoe3 with vengeance, and of course the war wagons.

after about 20 games for the last 3 days, he is now 2nd on cuetech. iamgrunt has since lost about 100 points on cuetech, now ranks 4th with 2430. GG is now 8th. Starsky however claimed up the top of the throne.

whats interesting about these games is that 95% of them, whoever made the most warwagons won the game.

oh and they all played the same BO too, send 3 SW in colonial then fortress around 8:15, then 3 WW-> 9uhlans->8skirm->7 skirm, keep making WW in the process.

isn't this game great or what?

[This message has been edited by ultimitsu (edited 07-04-2006 @ 05:51 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 07-05-06 03:55 PM EDT (US)     26 / 38       

Quote:

I win with germans but i dont seem to be doing it with war wagons? I do it with uhlans and dopples. Some skirms and some war wagons sometimes but i dont spam them.

And i dont use mercs either

If you started to use WWs + Mercs you would be posting at the AS Expert Forum right now

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Flammifer
Kings Guard
posted 07-05-06 05:11 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38       
This is sickening.
Solartinum
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 05:18 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38       
Hardly surprising. Most RTSs will have one strat dominate the top as well, so there's not much sickening or lame about it.

Give Daut, and indeed any 2300+ who plays German, some credit; they may be performing the easiest strat in the game, but they do have the skill necessary to probably be at least 2.2k if they switched to a middle tier civ (otto, spain, brits, etc). Especially Daut; that man was top 10 with Dutch a few months ago, back when fortress cards were even more OP than they are now, and Spanish and Germans were about equally OP. I don't blame him for switching to Germans now if he's going for the No. 1 position outright.

fryBASS
Skirmisher
(id: LO12DS_Frylock)
posted 07-05-06 07:14 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38       
You see, in AoK, there was the flush. This is quite similar to the FF, in the sence that if you do it right you can always win. The thing in AoE3, is that this one civ (Germans) can do it better than anyone else and get better units. In AoK, it really didnt matter that much on what civ you had, you could still flush. maybe thats why the game was more replayable.

idk now that i wrote that it doesnt sound as strong as an argument as when i first thought of it, but its something to think about

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:47 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38       
There is just noooo fun in laming one unit. This goes for any civ.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
gazza89
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:57 PM EDT (US)     31 / 38       

Quote:

There is just noooo fun in laming one unit. This goes for any civ.

when you win every game and then everyone licks your nuts and calls you the best player of all time, then there just might be
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:57 PM EDT (US)     32 / 38       
^^ i like you

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 07-05-06 08:08 PM EDT (US)     33 / 38       
I like massing redcoats as brits ^^.
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 08:51 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38       
Ok i admit, its fun to mass great bombards.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
Aoe3Wolverine
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 00:37 AM EDT (US)     35 / 38       
Massing cuirs is fun. Well, until you run into war wagons.
gazza89
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 06:57 AM EDT (US)     36 / 38       
believe it or not, as the game goes on, cuirs will actualy do better and better vs ww and in imperial they prolly win. With hit and run, the WW might win but then they leave the canons unprotected, or you could just run into there village, pull down the tc and murder all the settlers, so actualy cuirs beat WW, since if the war wagons stand still they get owned. There again the germans are the only civ that can beat cuirs, they just mass doppelsoeldners with speed upgrades that can even catch cuirs and then just laugh at all the dead cuirs lol.
LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 08:42 AM EDT (US)     37 / 38       

Quote:

In AoK, it really didnt matter that much on what civ you had, you could still flush. maybe thats why the game was more replayable.

No, it mattered.

In 1v1s, Chinese were best for AoK flush. Brits and Byzantines were close behind.

In 1v1s, Huns were best for AoC flush. Mongols were close behind.

In competitive 1v1 in AoK, above 1700 rate, you would need to use Chinese or lose. Same goes for AoC except with Huns instead.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 11:54 PM EDT (US)     38 / 38       
to be honest, i dont actually think it is that boring as every claims.

surely macro and BO wise its not much of a challenge, but the sheer amount of micro in it is still a lot of fun.

I am a tekken player and a counter-strike player, I can tell you at certain level of competetion everyoen is doing the samething, in tekken tage tournament days its always mishima Vs mishima, in counterstrike bloodstrike games its always awp vs awp.

i think its just that we all wish it were like this.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames