You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.26 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » People cheating on Nr games
Bottom
Topic Subject:People cheating on Nr games
neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 06:47 AM EDT (US)         
Can anything be done on people who play in a No Rush game, but cheat and attack before the agreed time.
I played 2 games last night one was a 2 v 2 to which there was a 45 min no rush, me and team mate were concentrating on economy, and so no millitary buildings, but after 15 mins both oponent's started attacking and we got beat.

The second Game was a 1 v 1, and He had arranged a 20 min no rush. however after 11 mins he rushed with 15 musk's, However i had some walls with a tower which stopped some, however he did some damage. I then started reinforcing with small force and more towers, he attacked a fe more times but seen him off, and finnaly I took him down after about 25 mins.

Is there something that can be done to people who agree a NR game, but don't stick to it, apart from a total Verbal assualt during the game.

AuthorReplies:
poita
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:01 AM EDT (US)     1 / 26       
Don't player NR games

j/k

I don't play NR but you might want to take a look at that custom scenario that some guy made. It's still on the aoe3 heaven games home page I think.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:07 AM EDT (US)     2 / 26       
i didn't host any of the games, i joined games with similar (conscript/private) level players, and the only ones were NR games, and so i played as per the agreed NR rule.

The Other games were Players of Level 15+ players, when i am only level 3 and wanted someone of a similar level.

I don't like hosting as My computer is not the quikest, and so does have a bit of LAG when I host.

I will have to look into that map so when i do play i will always request it.

Ekanta
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 07:50 AM EDT (US)     3 / 26       
To be accurate: NR is cheating the game.
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 08:05 AM EDT (US)     4 / 26       
Well said comrade!

BTW Moppy, you 'spam' the word 'however' lol.

Solartinum
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 08:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 26       

Quote:

I don't like hosting as My computer is not the quikest, and so does have a bit of LAG when I host.

As I understand it, Aoe3 operates purely on a peer-to-peer basis in games. In other words, it doesn't matter who hosts, it'll still lag the same (unless you include AI).

GavTheDevil
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 08:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 26       
i know what you mean, having only recently started playing if you want to play a regular game you often have to host it yourself. i've never seen the point in nr games but if they are the only things at your level and you can't host then there is not a lot you can do.

better people don't tend to want to play in a 2v2 with someone not so good as it creates an inbalance in the team

^^^
Ok cool i didn't realise that, thanks

Norwich Devils 2006 3 - 1 - 1

[This message has been edited by GavTheDevil (edited 07-05-2006 @ 08:35 AM).]

neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 09:52 AM EDT (US)     7 / 26       
I don't realy call 3 times spaming, however with a few more post's I could be called spaming.
However back to the above point, When i have hosted it seems to be awful lag, when not hostings seems to be reasonable?

Also it is realy anoying whe you join a no rush game (which the host has arranged) and you don;t rush sticking to the rules, However the Hostwho said N Rush 25 or so goes and breaks what he said. does nobody else find this annoying. Can anything be done.

also I am not a Rush gamer, I have am still relatively new, so unsure what type of player i am (rusher/Boomer/Turtler)
I just take each game at a time. Still getting to grips with things.

(that me up to 6, now thats spamming)

[This message has been edited by neomoppy (edited 07-05-2006 @ 10:01 AM).]

panda234
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 09:58 AM EDT (US)     8 / 26       
I've had it happen a few times but it's a small percentage. There's nothing you can do really as the nr is a spoken agreement between players. Just put him on your pest list. I think you'll find that most people are ok.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 10:07 AM EDT (US)     9 / 26       
Either don't play NR games, wait until ES supports them, if they ever decide to (personally I hope they don't), or use the NR map pack on this site.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
LoH_Numa1
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 10:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 26       
I really think that there needs to be a graduated training system in place for lower rooks and upper noobs.

They're playing live, online -- which is terrific. I think that there's a real need to try to get these to 'grow'.

Check out my Blog at www.lohcenter.net
LO12DS_Mist
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 10:17 AM EDT (US)     11 / 26       
Who cares if they want to play NR?

Training system? If they want to stay where they are, they'll stay. If they want to get better, they will.

Quote:

I think that there's a real need to try to get these to 'grow'.

The player's skill or the number of players?

Number of players, sure.

But it doesn't matter what their skill is, let them be at the skill they want to be.

I am Rumour Kontrol.
neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 11:16 AM EDT (US)     12 / 26       
what do you mean by Trianing system.

It would be nice to have a series of basics guide's/tutorial to online play
E.G

Basics one
Total basics of building, unit control unit production (step up from 1 player Tutorial)

Basics two
More Effiecency tips, e,g herd to TC , learning basic counters, e.g cav > Artillary etc.
Villi Boom in first age.
Raiding
Eaplanation of pro's and con's of actions
when to and not to wall
Explore/scouting
Basic Micro

Basics three
Better Micro, Max effficency

Basics four
Items from basic's 2 and 3 which differ from Civ TO CIV, Explains how to better use differant Civs.

If there was online tutorial, with compuer oponent playing more like human players.
i can't think of any more on here, i persolly am somewhere in Basics 2

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 11:34 AM EDT (US)     13 / 26       
Face it, if you play no rush (btw the game wasnt meant to be played like this) you have the chance of getting rushed. Period. The end. If you dont like it, dont play no rush. Simple, really.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 11:38 AM EDT (US)     14 / 26       
If I don't play NR games, i will gave to play against far suppirior oponents.
most players my level Play NR.
So I have no choice realy.
I play by the rules THEY SET, NOT ME but they don't play by their own rules.
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 11:42 AM EDT (US)     15 / 26       
*sigh*

Thats the lamest excuse out there.

'far suppirior opponents'

Not everyone at your level play no rush, and if you have low home cities, play QuickSearch.

You're bound to find someone there.

And yea, even if the set the rules, they can still cheat. Its why making up a system that the game doesnt allow doesnt work.

^^And thats why people bash on 'No Rush'.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
neomoppy
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 11:54 AM EDT (US)     16 / 26       
I do sometimes have a normal game against similar oponent, I am currentlt lvl 3 and want games against players up to level 8, as they tend to be good games, any higher and I get my ass kicked.
However Mostly I play 2 v 2 games which higher level players Hijack.
I think the best thinh for me to do is to host 1 v 1 games and only accept simmilar level players.
People here say Noobs should be increasing there skill, it is harder to do this when very experienced players keep on hijacking "Noobs only" games and Noob Bash.

Basiclly I am getting done either way,
Play NR games 1 v 1 against Low players like me and they dont stick to the NR they set, or if I play team games marked "noob" or not then High players hijack them for an easy victory.
This is not all the time, but quite often.

[This message has been edited by neomoppy (edited 07-05-2006 @ 12:00 PM).]

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 12:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 26       
1. lower your settings to reduce lag

2. play NR maps if you dont want to be rushed, they were made to stop the whining let you have a good time (both reasons are true btw)

here is link
http://aoe3.heavengames.com/#newsitem1151799125,4731,

3. just dont start the game when teams arent fair

4. watch some recorded games and you will become better very fast

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

[This message has been edited by schildpad (edited 07-05-2006 @ 12:22 PM).]

N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     18 / 26       
Read my quote below.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.

[This message has been edited by N_E_Patriots (edited 07-05-2006 @ 12:56 PM).]

vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)     19 / 26       
On the contrary, definately not all new players play NR. I found several when I was first starting as Dutch on quick search. Go there, if you want a good 1vs1. You will find that if you start playing QS games, you will not be a private/conscript very long at all. I was a private for 1 game, I think. After about 20 games, I'm a 1st Lieutenant.

You can also set QS to only match with people w/in 5 HC lvls. Unfortunately, you can't filter by power rating (at least not that I'm aware of,) but QS seems to do a decent job of matching, from my experience. Once I faced a Lieu. Colonel when I was a 2nd Lieutenant, but that's about the worst match I've had. It was, however, cool watching his micro and seeing why his rank was that high.

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
dejanh
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 26       
My advice when you are playing these no-rush games is to treat them the same as regular games...build defenses early so if your opp decides to attack you can fight back. If nothing happens, well then just go on to do whatever it is you do in no rush games. In any case when the time runs out you can use the defensive army you built earlier

(\__/) This is bunny.
(O.o ) Copy him in your signature to
(> < ) help him conquer the world!
Killa4life
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 03:02 PM EDT (US)     21 / 26       
From my NR expereince till now (like 10 NR games out of 480 games lol[I dont like NR neir did I play any NR games after my first 20 games]) I found that if you

a) make no defenses: you might be rushed and be killed

b )make defenses: you will lose if your opponent dont rush since they concentrate on booming what not so good players actually can do pretty well

LoH_Numa1
Skirmisher
posted 07-05-06 03:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 26       
Ah, the long-dead skillz of the turtle.

----

Try training system...a handful of scenarios would do nicely. It would really help immensely. I've been training people on the first series skills for a few years now...and it's always hard for a n00b to get a grasp on the basics.

But it's so rewarding once you finally get the knack for it.

Aoe3Wolverine
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 00:53 AM EDT (US)     23 / 26       
There's a training system in place. It's called the campaign and skirmish mode. I mean, if you play through the campaign on moderate to hard you should learn which units counter others for spanish, brits, and germans at least. And even though the computer AI as we all know it cheats, it will still teach them something, be it rush defense, building villies, getting upgrades...

The AI might be idiotic at times, but if you can beat the expert AI in skirmish, theres no way you should be stuck at a PR 3 playing No Rush. I know online play is a lot different than skirmishing with the comp, but at least you wont be completely clueless when you come out.

James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 09:04 AM EDT (US)     24 / 26       
I played quick search the other day. It came up with a private

I didn't bother resigning at the start but then he said '40 minutes no rush'

I said no, he attacked my third tc at 20 minutes. So I retaliated. He resigned and got pissed off and called me a rush noob.

I told him he attacked my TC, then he said, 'it was in my colony'.'

'I'm going to report you'

Ok, if you cut the map in half and divided the sides then yes, you can say it was in his colony... He had no units or buildings there...

This was on quick search aswell. Why would you try and get a no rush game on quicksearch? lol

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
Ekanta
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 09:15 AM EDT (US)     25 / 26       
Lol, happens all the time that folks in quick search ask for no rush. Once a dude said "no rush 20 min, ok?". Thinking he wasnt high ranked I agree, but decided to keep scouting him. As suspected he was massing an army, so I did the same. He's scouting was so bad he couldnt see mine, but I could see his. Then by 15 min something he says "haha, u noob, now ur dead" and he thinks he's gonna walk over me with his 40 musks and 20 pikes (still colonial).

On the middle of the map I have 3 shipments of mercs and around 10 cannons + tons of other troops. Guess what happend?

No rush? There are many kinds out there.

LoH_Numa1
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 09:33 AM EDT (US)     26 / 26       
It's just best to play the game the way that it's meant to be played.

There are loads of kiddiots out there...just take them out.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames