Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » QS matchups
Bottom
Topic Subject:QS matchups
vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 00:19 AM EDT (US)         
It would be nice, imo, if you could specify a PR range either in addition to or in lieu of a HC lvl range for QS games. I seem to keep getting matched with either conscripts or majors/colonels. The only good games have been vs a few captains. What makes this worse is that it drives down my PR, b/c I lose lots for losing to a major, but gain hardly anything by beating a conscript. It would be nice if I could just match vs, say, master sargeants-captains or something like that, but w/o having to spend forever looking for a good matchup in the game browser. Does anyone know if there are plans to implement this? Also, is there a way to see the PR/win %/etc on the QS search window when a match comes up? The mouse-over info present in game browser for a player would be nice to have on that screen, imo.

I think that a PR filter would be a nice addition for players around my skill level, who can easily own <=sargeant, but die miserably vs colonels and such. I know you can learn a lot from player better players, but relatively even matches are more fun.

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
AuthorReplies:
Since_1817
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 02:03 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Well, unfortunately there is no way to see your opponents PR/win%/actual HC level until the game is already loading the map. Even then, win % is not visible and it only gives the PR title.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that ES will improve the QS function with the next patch and finally take it out of Beta(I think I remember hearing something about this, but don't quote me on it) or we'll be stuck waiting until the x-pack. Most people have agreed upon these suggestions about PR and hopefully ES can get them incorporated sooner than later.

I hear ya about the even matches too. I generally make use of the 2 minute drop rule if my opponent is +/- 5 PR levels of me. I've found it's not really worth my time to play people outside these extremeties all that often. Sure, its nice to get your ass kicked by some major general every once in a while just to see the difference in play level, but I'd prefer to play equally skilled opponents on a more regular basis.

Killa4life
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 09:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Well the only problem with having PR in QS is that you either would have to be matched by PR AND HC lvl which would last a lot of time since the probability of getting s. o. on QS with nearly the same HC AND the same rank is very low.

OR

You would match only by PR but I don't think that it would be funny to be matchup up against level 106 germans with your level 1 Dutch.

It's also stupid to play people your level if they use a higher lvl HC while you want to level up a lower one.

That are major problems imo.

James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 09:58 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
keep the home city filter on there and add the power rating filter.

People can choose to filter by one, the other or both, that way.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 11:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
just give people the choice to filter either one.

sorry its like that right now, just resign if you get sommeone so far off of your rank

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 11:22 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
PR should strive to pair you with a similiar PR, NOT HC level, that should be able to be filitered if the player chooses, but PR matchups should definitely be mandatory. Over 50% of my games in QS are just players resigning because of HC or PR difference.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Killa4life
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 11:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Yeh having PR as a must and HC as something you can choose if you want to.

And dont understand me wrong.

I really WANT Qs to use PR but as I said it wouldnt be nice to play against HC level 100 as level 1.

Some players said that they wanted the 2 mins rule to be taken out if QS used PR but if that happened you could choose to either play vs HC level 100 while you are leveling up your HC OR wait an hour if you enable the HC and the PR options.

And right now taking out the 2 mins rule would be even worse since it would make noob bashing a lot more viable.

(you wouldnt be able to resign if there were no 2 mins rule without losing points)

And I actually want the 2 mins rule to be kept because sometimes you get a map screw and have no mines or s. th. else near your TC.

It would be really annoying to lose points just īcaus
of a map screw.

And IMO people who resign before the 2 mins mark even if they have the same rank as you have are either noob bashers or noobs themselves and thatfor simply not worth playing.

vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 07-06-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
yeah, I would agree that the 2 min rule should be left in. Also, I just tried to play a QS game and got matched against a full Colonel. I made use of the 2 min rule for that one (I'm inter at best, btw.) It would be nice if the filter would use PR, though, so that you don't waste either your time or your opponent's time by loading the game and then either resigning or playing a very one-sided game.

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames