Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Skirms + Cuirs
Bottom
Topic Subject:Skirms + Cuirs
brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 07:51 PM EDT (US)         
skirms and cuirs, which were and are one of frances best combos. are now back into the spotlight.

in 1.07 skirms and goons were the better choice, but since the goon nerf(LI gets a bonus), skirms can take care of both of cuirs direct coutners, pike and goons. Also, With CIR, the pike/musk/rod/dopp ownage gets better.

both of these untis are also French RG, with a few cnanons, it seems that this combo will be the new French powerhouse.

(and this is why sephys cuir crusher will work, even though it is the oldest french ff ever, and i give him no credit!)

AuthorReplies:
Syncope
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 07:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Not to mention that if Age 2 is your thing, Hussars and Xbows will be a very tough combo as well. Levelling French HC as we speak. :P
rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 07:56 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Yes I tested it out already but I got pwnt (twice, but he was better than me) by a russian who spammed muskets + some culvs. I probably had too many cuirs and falcs too few skirms. One great obvious flaw in this strat is the training time of cuirs, I couldnt keep up with the russian spam.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 08:49 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Add in the french grens and u got a killer combo.
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 08:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
I'm lucky I got a 85 France city

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
spinsane
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:45 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
you're going to need riding school if you even consider making cuirassiers. However, french Hussars can get very strong.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:51 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
There is a identical thread pertaining to this subject except more centered on longbows and hussars.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
poita
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 00:58 AM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Heavy cav plus heavy infantry should beat it. Get the heavy cav to force the skirms into melee and the heavy inf should beat the cuirs.

But yeah, that would be a nasty combo. People are gonna start complaining about cuirs again me thinks.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 01:13 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       

Quote:

But yeah, that would be a nasty combo. People are gonna start complaining about cuirs again me thinks.

With there high cost and 60 second training time? Doubt it ...

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
poita
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 01:16 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       

Quote:

Forgot about the training time increase, but the cost doesn't mean anything. You get more than what you pay for.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 08-02-06 01:32 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
People will likely be complaining about them, even if they are actually UP. People don't like really powerful units, even if its counters easily beat it once you get a slight numbers advantage...
brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
heres the great part though.

if you rush, or are rushed, you stay in age 2 longer. my lst game iw ent into age 3 with like 26 or 30 cdbs...im nto used to going to fortress with that economy. i had two rax pumping skirms, 1 stable with cuirs. it really didnt seem to take too long. plus, i can queue one and 40 seconds later 4 more, sweet.

rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 11:40 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Or just make another stable...it's cheap nowadays.

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 11:45 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Early fortress you can only build 2/3 in one batch, so I don't think the train time will matter that much. One could always build another stable and/or ship the cav training card if production becomes a limiting factor.

Quote:

Cuirs are very cheap for what they are, and cost per individual unit means little in this game. Also, 4 cuirs will have much better pathing than 6 hussars, not to mention their actually better statswise.
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 12:14 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       

Quoted from spinsane:

you're going to need riding school if you even consider making cuirassiers. However, french Hussars can get very strong.

Why waste a card instead of spending 200 wood on a second stable?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
The card does have it's advantages, sometimes if you only have enough for 5 cuirs, getting them in 30 seconds is better than getting them in a minute. In most cases though, the extra stable ie better.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames