Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ways to Win
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ways to Win
The_Newer_Captin
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 02:48 PM EDT (US)         
I am kind of new, but not to much. I was playing skirmish last night on hard. When I first started I immetiatly built a farm, a plantation, and a factory(Also I was playing the english, and i was Spainish). Then I built base defenses. I made a wall on the north side and lined it with towers. Almost right after I finished my last block house, I was attacked by a realitively large force.I lost. So before doing it again, I thought about it, then i started again. The same as last time. First thing I do is send all of my villigers to chop trees. Then first shipment I got a town center wagon. Then 3 mins. into the game,I load up all of my men, settlers and sheep, into a ship. I sent the ship to the island that is off of the coast. I collected the treasures, and built a new town center. From there i built a very good economic strong hold on this island.On the side closest to the enemy i built 1 fort and 13 block houses ( Ihave extenseive fortifacation). Then I got spies. After stuiding there set up, and collecting massive amounts of resourses, I sent 2 villigers to the shore. I built 2 barracks were my old town center once stood. There was a fort on the trade route with I figured about 75 units, about 12 of then were cannons, and then 20of them were indian seige mech. So i figured 150 mussketers would win. Wrong. I didnt even kill 1/2 of them, or hurtthe fort. By this time they had attempted to take the island, and they failed, very badly. So I re-evaluated my attack. i realized that they had 80% of there villigers open to attack, and there forces were a distance away, and they were all slow moving. So Built 25 swordsman and 25 hussars. I sent them to kill villigers. Killed 40 of them before there army even got there. i did this same thing about 5 times untill there was no town center, and there was about 3 villigers. Then I had only one thing standing in my way, The fort. It was by this time surronded by 20 cannons and 30 Indians Seige mechs. and a number of men. this is when i truly shined. I sent in a group of 50 men into there, when they ingauged, i slowly reatreated, they followed into the open land near my barracks. In the mean time i hade a ship off of shore wit 20 cannons. I sent them in to take out the fort. there army didnt have time to protect there fort, they were killing my men. So after the fort was dead, i move into the villige with the cannons. I destroyed them. So all that was left of the civilization was there army of about 50, no cannons.So i sent waves of troops untill they collapsed.

I would love to here about your stratigies and great victories, or battles. Thax.

AuthorReplies:
micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 08-02-06 02:58 PM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Well i can give you some tips, not battle stories unfortunately

Don't build a mill or a plantation immediately next time. Deer gathers food the fastest, followed by berries. Only build mills if you have ran out of hunts/berries or the reamaining hunts and berries can't be exploited properly because of enemy presence.

Coin gathers faster than plantations, also plantations cost 800 wood, only build these after you have ran out of coin, or it isn't safe to gather whats left.

Keep shipping the factories though, they are great. Send both if you can.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock

[This message has been edited by micky_t (edited 08-02-2006 @ 02:59 PM).]

George_III
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 03:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 9       

Quote:

I was playing the english, and i was Spainish

Woot!

Quote:

13 block houses

Oh well... blockhouses as Spain and UK?

BTW this isn't flaming, only tell you mistakes

The_Newer_Captin
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 03:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Thanks for the advise on the resoures, but the reason i build mills and plantations is so that my villigers are not able to be attacked, i put them in the center of a strong hold, the same with the factoies. so if there is a rush my economy is mor likely to sustain its self. leaving only my defensive damaged.

PLEASE MORE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im getting ready to play my freind online, and hes really good. Ive been practicing but im still not good enough.

SO PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by The_Newer_Captin (edited 08-02-2006 @ 04:30 PM).]

CheleusMaximus
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Dont build mills, if he attacks your villies run away or make a tower near hunts and gold mines. Was that game on amizon or carribean? Anyways what kind of games are you playing? Supremacy? And are you starting in post imperial?
parallax7d
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Good story. Also I like how you decided to build on the island, many people discover that little hint when they are new to the New England map. You will improve eventually, and wont need it.

My only advice would be to make sure you produce settlers constantly - never stop making them and you will have a great economy very quickly.

Chimp With A Gun
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 07:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
holy shit this is the biggest bs i have ever read

I am kind of new, but not to much. I was playing skirmish last night on hard. When I first started I immetiatly built a farm, a plantation, 1. and a factory(Also I was playing the english, and i was Spainish). Then I built base defenses. I made a wall on the north side and lined it with towers.2. Almost right after I finished my last block house, I was attacked by a realitively large force.I lost. So before doing it again, I thought about it, then i started again. The same as last time. First thing I do is send all of my villigers to chop trees. 3. Then first shipment I got a town center wagon. Then 3 mins. into the game,I load up all of my men, settlers and sheep, into a ship. I sent the ship to the island that is off of the coast. I collected the treasures, and built a new town center. From there i built a very good economic strong hold on this island.On the side closest to the enemy i built 1 fort and 4. 13 block houses ( Ihave extenseive fortifacation). Then I got spies. After stuiding there set up, and collecting massive amounts of resourses, I sent 2 villigers to the shore. I built 2 barracks were my old town center once stood. There was a fort on the trade route with I figured about 75 units, about 12 of then were cannons, and then 20of them were indian seige mech. So i figured 150 mussketers would win. Wrong. I didnt even kill 1/2 of them, or hurtthe fort. By this time they had attempted to take the island, and they failed, very badly. So I re-evaluated my attack. i realized that they had 80% of there villigers open to attack, and there forces were a distance away, and they were all slow moving. 5. So Built 25 swordsman and 25 hussars. I sent them to kill villigers. Killed 40 of them before there army even got there. i did this same thing about 5 times untill there was no town center, and there was about 3 villigers. Then I had only one thing standing in my way, The fort. It was by this time surronded by 20 cannons and 30 Indians Seige mechs. and a number of men. this is when i truly shined. I sent in a group of 50 men into there, when they ingauged, i slowly reatreated, they followed into the open land near my barracks. In the mean time i hade a ship off of shore wit 20 cannons. I sent them in to take out the fort. there army didnt have time to protect there fort, they were killing my men. So after the fort was dead, i move into the villige with the cannons. I destroyed them. So all that was left of the civilization was there army of about 50, no cannons.So i sent waves of troops untill they collapsed.

1. Right away you don't get those until the 4th age
2. Thought you were british?!?
3. First? not until 3rd age.
4. 13 hu with fortifications? hmmm the russians don't have fortifications, o ya and i thought you were british
5. Hmmm swords man? let me think who can get swords men o yes the spanish and once again i thought you were british.

End examination: You have no clue what your talking about, before you start spaming shit next time check it and make sure it beleave able.

Chimp with a gun
AKA
Desert fox
WAR DOESN'T DETERMINE WHO'S RIGHT,
ONLY WHO'S LEFT
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 08:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
This thread made my day, thank you.

Remember, please don't post after drinking or smoking

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 09:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
I can't explain the blockhouses but maybe he is playing post-industrial.
The_Newer_Captin
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 11:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
I Ment i was spainish playing british, just a typo calm down. And i do play post imperial, any more questions, im not a liar, this was all true, just a typo and a fact i forgot to mention. and the block houses, thats what i thought they were called. They were some kind of defencive tower that had cannons, okay. SO no one has told any war stories but me. I like reading these things and taking some ideas from them. so please post some war stories or help. Its okay if you dont though.

[This message has been edited by The_Newer_Captin (edited 08-03-2006 @ 00:01 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames