You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ender you got any losing records to share?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ender you got any losing records to share?
exe163
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 01:46 AM EDT (US)         
Dear Ender Ward,
I always have trouble vs ottoman player, i found myself impossible to hold off a rush that i know its coming with Spain, Britian and French. You are a very good otto player and all your records posted is about you doing a sucessful rush (unfortunately). I found abus gun (in many record of yours I saw, you made them after massing jan failed, most player use them a lot earlier) impossible to beat. Any good record of defending otto rush sucessfuly not mainly about your mistakes can share, i bet it will help most of us not-so-pro player defending the most popular rush
AuthorReplies:
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 01:52 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
I usually watch my loss recordings (to see where I failed) but don't save them. Thanks to the "9 files max then overwrite" system that ES has for recordings, I eventually lose them to the ether. I'll look for recent ones that I lost, though. There are likely some in there stil.

Will edit the post later on if I find something.

EDIT:
The only recent loss I have that got recorded is against a Russian who rushed me (which crippled me ofcourse, but I persisted in fighting for 40 minutes though). I mostly lose the game due to some n00bish mistakes. You want to see that game?

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."

[This message has been edited by Ender_Ward (edited 09-28-2006 @ 02:40 AM).]

somme
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 02:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
Someone other than Russia.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
mentork
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 03:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       

Quote:

i found myself impossible to hold off a rush that i know its coming with Spain, Britian and French.

One of them

[This message has been edited by mentork (edited 09-28-2006 @ 03:16 AM).]

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 06:31 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
let me guess... you got raided?
One_Star
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 09:01 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
exe,

Instead go to agesanctuary and download some of Nightscr3am's games Vs Ottos.

He himself finds Ottos quite easy to play against in comparison to other civs.

Its against the very best Ottos players aswell.

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 03:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       

Quoted from Somme:

Someone other than Russia.

You'll have to wait for me to screw up again then (as most of my losses are to Russians these days).

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
mentork
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 04:14 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
Well, most spain lamers and long bow massers quit when they see otto. So expect a french rec...

If we get a rec that is

Damn op ender.....

micky_tee
Skirmisher
(id: micky_t)
posted 09-28-06 04:17 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       

Quote:

I mostly lose the game due to some n00bish mistakes.

Well I'm sure glad its not just me who does that.

armyballer - Another 3v3, this time my team is winning, (about an hour into it). One of the other team players admits defeat and resigns, then out of no where I get OOS message. I'm pissed, I again log onto agecommunity and see I have been given a LOSE. How did this happen?

AceOfKings - ender_ward hacked into your game and made it go OOS

Unban JamesLock
exe163
Skirmisher
posted 09-28-06 11:57 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       

Quote:

Well, most spain lamers and long bow massers quit when they see otto. So expect a french rec...

i guess i'm a spain lamer and a lbow massers ( well idk y i never make 50 lbow at one time ) that dont quit against otto... and fail to defend the rush most of the times. idk why ppl always said wut to do 'after the rush is defeated'. i found myself no hunt and have less military and most likely less score

EDIT: check the game i played if you have little free time:
http://www.undefeat.com/EsoTools/Player.aspx?PlayerName=EXE163
ottoman russian all over the place (some switch to russian or otto after he joined or i joined, but i dont mind... run away from fear is a coward)

and spanish when both lancer and rod(wth) counters lbow and pike

lol 'Quick Resigning: 1' i remember that was a map screw i have no hunt wut so ever

[This message has been edited by exe163 (edited 09-29-2006 @ 00:09 AM).]

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 02:09 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
Ask and ye shall recieve (actually it was just a matter of time) ...

Ender_Ward (Ott) vs BLuE_GaiDeN (Spain)_Sonora. Aka, Ender playing like a n00b and getting owned. After the game Gaiden told me that even though he hates playing Ottomans, I am "very good". Didn't feel like it this game.

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 02:55 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
Thx for the record... I wonder how Ender you never pull out abus until opponent reach fortress and have a counter for it

And for the rush (if you call that a rush), 15 less jan by 7min... and why build 2 rax when your econ can just support one... not so good play by an pro otto player (close to the cpt I once played) Ender you can do better than this!

BTW gaiden made a lot of mistakes too at the beginning (I think), and Ender is the second rax showing off 'The inexhaustible Ottoman rush'? few recent games you have posted are all using TP instead of a full fast rush. is massing jan only really a good idea after many times you tried: game ends after the few abus added to the mix

I am looking for ways of civ defending an otto rush not necessary a otto lose game( hope I didnít offended you, all of the above is my opinion)

Looking forward to you next record

plexiq_
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 03:05 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
@Ender:

Quote:

Thanks to the "9 files max then overwrite" system that ES has for recordings, I eventually lose them to the ether.

You might find this usefull:
http://www.elorating.com/ranking/recmanager.jsf

drahnier
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:27 AM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
Yeah seriously, how the hell am i supposed to counter janissaries with crossbows?
How am i supposed to counter ANYTHING with crossbows, for that matter?

Of course i play Germans, so my opponents know that all they have to do is mass muskets/janissaries/longbows in colonial and i won't have shit to counter them with.

I'm not winning a single game anymore.

[This message has been edited by drahnier (edited 09-29-2006 @ 08:27 AM).]

mentork
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 12:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       

Quote:

Yeah seriously, how the hell am i supposed to counter janissaries with crossbows?

With tight micro.

Quote:

Of course i play Germans, so my opponents know that all they have to do is mass muskets/janissaries/longbows in colonial and i won't have shit to counter them with.

Don't forget dutch skirms

Quote:

I'm not winning a single game anymore.

Then don't play as germany, just use russia, or spain, or otto, or brit, or french.

drahnier
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 12:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
Tight micro?
They have like 4 more range, the same speed and get absolutely slaughtered in anything close to equal numbers. (Against jans)

Not to mention how much earlier the ottoman reaches colonial.

If it's even possible to hit and run with crossbows that well, i sure can't do it.

Quote:

Then don't play as germany, just use russia, or spain, or otto, or brit, or french.

I don't only lose to the rushes.

[This message has been edited by drahnier (edited 09-29-2006 @ 07:53 PM).]

somme
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 01:12 PM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
I have fought off a few Ottos with my Germans this patch.

Here is one game on Yucatan vs a pure jan rush from a currently 2152 Ottoman
And another vs a 1992 Ottoman on Great Plains

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 01:14 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
Had a really bad night yesterday. The game vs Blue Gaiden was just the start. Dropped a good 50 points.
Serves me right for violating my "don't play when half asleep" policy. Damn AoE3 addiction ...

Quoted from drahnier:

Like this:

Ender_Ward [Ottomans] vs StR-Bish [French]__[Great Plains].

That's another loss replay for me.

Quoted from plexiq_:

You might find this usefull:

Nice! Thanks. This little proggy is excellent. Already using it.

drahnier
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:37 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
Oh and after realizing that war wagons don't actually counter abus guns, it turns out that Germany doesn't actually have an abus counter-unit in ANY age.

Fun.

(Uhlans don't count)

Maybe i should start screening civs like all the rating-sluts who cancel against me just because the map is texas and their rush might not be an auto-win.

[This message has been edited by drahnier (edited 09-29-2006 @ 08:42 PM).]

exe163
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
Ender thanks for the replay again

but i dont t think that replay actually shows 'counter', instead it shows how units will get own by an army 2x of its size. Or how otto will get own after loosing half of its villies

bish start making xbow rax up asap, ender you choose to make trade post to boom (not a good idea, 2 post + 400 res + 1 card, and opponent can gain half the advantage using 1 post)

and no jans is not powerful when they r out numbered

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames