Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » game-losing glitches
Bottom
Topic Subject:game-losing glitches
The Freshmaker
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 06:55 AM EDT (US)         
i was playing against an ottoman player as french, and naturally, i knew he was going to rush. i ship pioneers, research great coat, hit colonial with 400 wood and ship the 2 tower card to cover my hunts. thats when i realize that my wood is ALL gone. the trapped courier jumped OFF of his stupid rock and STOLE it all. i was counting on that wood to fuel my first batch of x bows while i gather 400 gold for fortress and ship the 600 (note i have a lvl 8 hc at the moment). instead of towers and x bows holding the otto off into fortress, he just marches in with his jannies and crushes everything.

i got a rax up, but thats when ~20 jans were marching right in. needless to say, i couldnt hold him off.

anywhoo i was wondering if anybody else experienced a glitch that made a game COMPLETELY 1 sided

"We could kill everyone!!" - The Boondock Saints

[This message has been edited by The Freshmaker (edited 09-29-2006 @ 06:55 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 09-29-06 07:15 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
thats the first time ive ever heard of something like that

too bad, keep playing, thats extremely rare situation

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
rel4xed
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 07:29 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
lol. I guess the otto rescued the CdB and made him gather your wood. It's not a glitch and it's quite fun to do actually. :P

Greetings, I'm Synthax.
SirKT 2k+ clan
Krazy_Karl
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:14 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
I know this isnt a glitch, but i hate it when you have a couple of flac sblasting away at an array of light infantry, when your AOE damage hurts outlaws and they come and kill your falconets! Same with forts.

im in ur base

steelin ur crates
blakeyboi14
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:15 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
Uhmm...it's not necessarily rare. I guess it is on some occassions...but, it's not the game's fault, its your fault for not killing it...or not gathering the wood. See, now I'd just have shot him with my cdb, or 2 outposts, where were they? Anyways, if you were "counting on that wood," why wouldn't you have like...at least 5 cdb on wood while aging?

-blake : )

Supporter of Gay Marriage.
John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:20 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
It sounds as though the coureur hadn't been rescued but was within sight of the TC. Presumably settlers and cdbs are programmed to gather any crates/cords in their LOS, with no exception for "captive" ones. If that's the case, I don't think it would be possible to kill the coureur, only to kill the treasure guardians and "rescue" him (probably hit the delete button straight after that, to pay the little blighter out).

[This message has been edited by John GrahamLeigh (edited 09-29-2006 @ 08:21 AM).]

lanceleglos
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:25 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
thass kinda funny if he used to Courier to infiltrate your french base and steel resources, it would be good if the spys can do that in TWC
Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 10:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
what really sucks is having only one gold mine near by, I mean it wouldnt bother me that much in horribly dodgy maps like great lakes but in PAMPAS? I mean wtf >_<. Me vs Otto, otto rush and tries silkroad TP, I take the nearest trading post and thats how I got all my gold, after around 45 mins of heavy colonial fighting, he ages and with around 7 shipments saved up ships mamelukes, spahi and manchu..... completly owns all my poor lbows and pikes >_< I lose after 1 hour all because I couldnt age up to fortress due to lack of gold and I needed the gold that I had for hussars to try put a stop to his endless abus, he played betterish than me but I wonder what IF I had had a second gold mine near by....
polydeuces
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 12:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       

Quote:

thass kinda funny if he used to Courier to infiltrate your french base and steel resources

I think he's talking about the glitch where a treasure unit gets down and starts attacking you. or in this case nicking your crates. Even if he spotted it, there's nothing he could do as the units can't be killed while they're still unclaimed.

The most crippling bug i've heard of is someone on these boards starting without a town centre. That takes some beating.

Makita
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 01:15 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
I started the game without an explorer once.

As for fairly common game-losing glitches...culverins, more than any other unit, have trouble selecting a target. I click the culverin, click the enemy falconet...and come back a few seconds later to find the culverin has either not attacked the falconet or has attempted to move to the falconet's location.

The Freshmaker
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 02:45 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
to clear up confusion, the otto player didnt rescue it, he just climbed down and stole them

i know this because the 4 bears guarding him killed my own courier for shooting @ a sheep for some reason.

evil game...

"We could kill everyone!!" - The Boondock Saints
chubby82
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 03:17 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
Ihave had it happen to me, and it's kinda funny, but yet makes you mad
DrWho42
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 03:35 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
I have experienced the same problem with culverins as described above. They end up getting chopped to pieces as they roll to the location of the enemy artillery. This even though the little sword attack icon was correctly clicked on the enemy unit.

Another frustration with culverins is that after you kill the selected enemy artillery, they begin firing on the nearest enemy unit. It would be nice if they auto-aquired the next enemy artillery within range and killed it before they started shooting at enemy infantry or cav.

Roark
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 04:23 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
http://media.putfile.com/ownedtc

cougars attack a settler wagon at random, then take down tc with their building attack bonus. similar thing could happen if you kill a herdable in the LOS of treasure guardians since they will attack you for it

ESO: Naevius
polydeuces
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 07:00 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       

Quote:

cougars attack a settler wagon at random

At random? The settler wagon attacked a cougar first there. I think whoever was playing must have clicked the cougar instead of the bison calf (they're a similar colour).

Still highly amusing though.

Roark
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 10:51 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
that's what i thought at first, but i watched it a couple times. it was a 2 settler wagon shipment and one proceeded straight to the mine while the other got immediately entangled. could've been the player clicked it immediately as it popped out of the tc and reassigned to the cougar, but i've seen guardians do enough weird things to not question a random attack

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 00:31 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
You wanna hear a real annoying game-losing glitch? You aim you Falconet, fire, and just as it does, you suddenly crash to desktop and get the "send/don't send an error report?" message. The annoying part is you don't even know what the error is!
No coming back into the game from that. Happened twice in the last week. Pissed me off, since I was winning both (good) games.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Matthew Sher
Skirmisher
(id: Imperiosus)
posted 09-30-06 01:03 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
I was recently playing a 2v2 with a friend of mine. I began playing the game as ottos, (and these opponents were fairly easy to beat) and notice at my first shipment that my 3 vils card is now a 300 wood card...So, I think, "Hmm, that's strange...Oh well, I must have changed it and not known it." I continue, to find in Colonial that all my resource cards are gone. Apparently, my fully customized deck (the only one for that HC) had reverted back to the default Ottoman deck. I did absolutely nothing to the HC to do this, and because of it, I lost the game. I began executing a strat that I didn't even have a deck for (I really should have checked my cards before the match, but I shouldn't have to). When I got back to the HC screen, I still had all my cards, but the deck was still default, and I had to rebuild it.

Also, I had the same problem with the guarded unit. A "trapped" tomahawk warrior destroyed the market I was building and killed the villager that was building it.

ESO: Imperius
-Graphic and Unit designer of Napoleonic Era
-Creator of the Unit Upgrades Modpack
-Winner of the AOE3 Heaven Modding Competition
"Your units > ES's units" -- Cherub Walker
Age of Empires: Napoleonic Era - "Be afraid, Ensemble Studios. Be very afraid..."

[This message has been edited by Imperiosus (edited 09-30-2006 @ 01:04 AM).]

Roark
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 03:49 AM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
I heard that over-utilizing the copy deck feature can lead to some of your decks being deleted. It's never happened to me, but maybe that's what happened to you

ddemers
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 05:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
I have had that trapped courier bug happen to me 2 times so far, very annoying. The most annoying part of it is that it has only happened after the 2 minute mark, but shortly after aging to age II. It's too late to resign without getting a lose and you lose VERY valuable resources early on.

[EEX] Nullpointer
Canadian Gamer
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames