You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » this is utterly rediculous
Bottom
Topic Subject:this is utterly rediculous
wheres waldo
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 08:11 PM EDT (US)         
Yesterday I was playing a ffa (free for all), which in my opinion are very fun to play. In the beggining, 3 people left, mainly because me and this other guy were in the same clan (I didnt even know him or notice he was in my clan). So it was jsut me and my clanmate. Im a farily poor player. I am a 2nd leutenit and ge was a 1st leutenit. My score was approximately 200 above hsi at almsot all times, and at 25 minutes into the game, we started fighting. I started a massive attack and killed ALL of his wood gatherers, and i reacted to the stimulus i created by expecting less units that cost wood ( pikemen, crossbow men, falconets) and I was right, I was proud of my intelligent assumption.

The game continued, I was nearly 300 points ahead and was in the 4th age, he was still in the 3rd. I managed to destroy his entire base and at that very point I knew that I won. That was a bad assumption, because the game slowly turned in his favor, and thats the entire reason for posting this thread. He was the germans, a currently underpowered civilization in most peoples hands. I was playing as the spanish, and it was one of ym first times, however, we both had the same home city level.

I almost immediatley found his base, and I started toward his base, (score was around 250 difference with me in the lead) only to realize he jsut made an entire new base out of the old walls a differnt player used, but he resigned. I sent in tons of lancers and found about 50-70 crossbow men (by this time his wood gatherers were back, I couldnt find them for they were hidden extremely well) and i knew that my 20 lancers would massacre the poor helpless crossbowmen. I then realized, that his crossbows actually won, and by atleast 20-30 bowmen left! So then i got serious, i through in falconets (8), motars, lancers, skirishers, dragoons, and some pikemen, all upgraded, a truley amazing army. On my way to his base........... my worst fear and the worst thing happened....... this gigantic map at my base started bleeding red, and he was red. considering my army was 3/4s of the way to their destination, I decided it was best to proceed.

He mainly attacked with uhlans, and killed about 20 villagers (i had about 70 at this time and was advancing to 5th age). He didnt kill very much in the terms of buildings, but did some decent damage. Now i scroll to his base, another huge army is killing mine. the score got even. I almosted resigned but i wanted him to enjoy his victory, i tried moving but he kept finding my bases, and i eventually jsut lost. I just dont understand how i lost, can someone please give me an indication of what i did wrong. He is a higher rank, but you cant loss like that, i jsut dont understand what my primary flaws were.

Thanks,

-pretzel((003) i kinda lost my password so i had to make this account lol)

[This message has been edited by wheres waldo (edited 09-29-2006 @ 08:29 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
mentork
Skirmisher
posted 09-29-06 11:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       

Quote:

My score was approximately 200 above hsi at almsot all times, and at 25 minutes into the game, we started fighting.

That's it.

The germans are UP caus of there early game. But they are the still the best civ late game. You need to attack fast before he can build up like before the 10min mark.

jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 00:19 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Also, it sounds like you didn't have very good defense at your base (walls, towers).

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 01:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
you lost because you got raied too badly right?

get towers. uhlans die the fasterest to towers out of all cavalry.

also you need to make units according to enemy troops too, sine he used mainly uhlans, you should have had most rods, equal number of rods kill uhlans with ease.

and why did you make crossbows? these things are only good in colonial or fortress against skirmishers, really have no other use.

Ranger General
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       

Quote:

and why did you make crossbows? these things are only good in colonial or fortress against skirmishers, really have no other use.

Read the OP again, ulti. He is complaining that 20 of his Lancers got pwned by 70 x-bows.

PS: I guess the mines runned out, so the German player start to use Pike+x-bow+HC(from facotry).

German late game > Spain late game.

Ulti's word of wisdom :

since the start of aoe3, every unit that can move has been a direct counter to grenadiers, even villagers(since they have bonuses against siege troops)

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames