You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Question from a newcomer to AOE 3
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question from a newcomer to AOE 3
Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 11:43 AM EDT (US)         

Ok i started playing Aoe for 1 month.... i came from Aok.

I can beat the Pc 1vs4 in moderate easy, but i am still exploring the game.

However i see that it will take forever to reach max potential of my favorite Civ. The portuguese. because i am portuguese.

Now.... i want to know advice about which civs are easier to play with, or the best to start or the best with the latest strat that i dont know which it is.
Dont count the Spanish cause im not very fond of them and i think they are too easy to manage.

Give me some good tips to improve my gameplay

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
AuthorReplies:
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 11:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Welll, i would say spain, but you obviously dont

Portuguese are pretty hard, they require ALOT of economy micro, pretty hard civ to play overall.

I started with spain, i think they are the easiest to start with, but arent used to their full potential until awhile in your skill level (not a noob civ is what im saying).

Try otto, little to none economy micro, good civ to learn basics of military with i guess.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 12:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Portugal is really hard to play (well) but they are also really fun.

Discounting the spanish...
Both the French and British are fairly easily to play, and so are the Ottomans.

Germans and Portuguese are pretty hard to use well.

Dutch and Russians are medium difficulty I guess.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 09-30-06 12:37 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Why does everyone say brits are easy to play? They have like 4 major deciscions in discovery alone....
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 09-30-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
Well its not that they are easy to play, its that they are easy to play compared to other civs. I like the British, they were the first Civ that I learned (my first game was against my brother using them, and I killed his germans).

They are really easy to boom with, unlike Portugals economy which takes alot of patience/skill/durabillity.

Playing British extremely well is difficuly I suppose, but not really more so than any other civ.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-06 05:39 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
yer british are a bitch -_- I have a sub 50% winning percentage with them >_<.

Spain is really cool to play with, nice and straight foward, sorta really basic stuff, no dodgy banks, or mannors or weird port TC's.

XploSionS
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-06 05:50 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
i think the ottos r easy to get to know and also quite easy to master whereas starting with ports ur kidna jumping in the deep end if u only just starting. since ur new i suggest using ottos or french... and btw u said u came from aok, so did i ... my most known name was _XploSionS__ (same as my aoe3 name) and my aka was xplo, i played in CS1~2 pls post back if u know me cos im looking for old m8s lol
SlavE_2_FreedoM
Skirmisher
posted 10-01-06 06:02 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Spain and Otto are probably the more straight forward civ's.
Ports are fun but they are a counter civ and are mighty hard to play well.
Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:12 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       

Yes i know that the spanish and ottomans are good.. i use them as well but i think that Portuguese arent very hard... you just have to boom a little in the discovery and in the colonial depending of what you have done you can kick ass.... but if you say so, i think that in hard or expert that changes.

As for the british their play is as hard as the portuguese in my vision...

And in later game i think that HCannor can beat Rocket

As for germans... when i started the game i could win with them easy on moderate vs4 but after my holidays i cant seem to win with them and they have become awful hard.

The french are the only that i cant use properly cause i sttubornly make the mistake of only use cuirasseirs with skirms and artillery

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
Grankl
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:24 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Otto's are any easy civ to play? really? damn, don't know what i've being doing wrong everytime i play them in cpu ckirmish i age up at like 20:00 because they are so WEIRD to use. I don't know how anyone can mass janissaries, I've never been able to get more than, like, five
Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:35 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
the first building you do is mosque and then research millet system... after that the game starts flowing

John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:44 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
That's not how Ottomans are played on line. The first building is usually a trading post, then a barracks as near the enemy town as possible. Age up to Colonial by at latest 4 minutes, send 5 janissary shipment, build 10 more janissaries at the barracks and attack, at about 6 minutes. Probably the enemy will have something like 8 crossbowmen and 1 outpost to defend; the janissaries easily beat them. Next shipment 3 hussars, which go looking for stray villagers, and janissaries constantly coming out of the barracks.

The non-stop stream of janissaries is hard to stop. However, if the rush fails low-level Ottoman players tend to give up - they've spent enormous quantities of food on janissaries, are capped at 25 settlers and are overtaken by their opponents.

That's my experience, having played against Ottomans about ten times, and it's borne out by comments on these forums from lots of other players. It seems similar at the higher skill levels, except for the bit about giving up if the rush fails!

It strikes me as a very boring way to play, far too stereotyped, and I won't use Ottomans because of that. I've tried Dutch and Spanish, and am debating British or Portuguese next.

Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:58 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       

Choose portuguese instead of british as they are not so steryotyped as the british as i heard in the forum...
Because of Longs...

As for the ottoman you are probably right but i am still in a level 7 HC and i win using that Vs the Pc

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames