You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » AOE3 For me??
Bottom
Topic Subject:AOE3 For me??
whiteman zb
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 04:07 AM EDT (US)         
I was thinking about purchasing age of empires III, but my computer will need a new video card which i am also looking at buying, i loved aoe II and i have been playing Aom for about a month n a half and i like playing it.
Could you guys tell me if this game is really worth while buying? has it lived up to all your expectations you had of it before it was released? do you still enjoy it as much as the first time you played it? i don't want to go wasting my money on a game and a new video card to go with it if its not worth it.
would really appreciate your guys opinions =)
AuthorReplies:
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 10-02-06 11:48 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
If you ask this on a Age3 fan forum, you know what kind of answers you get, but here it goes:

The game is really worth buying. I have the game since three days before it was released (thank Bart Smit for that), and I still enjoy it as I did then. In fact, I like it even more because I started playing online as my first RTS. And online it is a great game (if you only play skirmish I wouldn't recommend it as soon). I like the HC system, the factions, the simplicity but plenty of room for strategy.

John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 12:04 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Single player: the campaign is poor stuff and extremely disappointing after the excellent campaigns in AoK and The Conquerors. Skirmish is good - playing against "Hard" AI is excellent preparation for going on line, as well as being fun in its own right.

Multi-player: a step up, because human players don't behave as predictably as the AI does. Brilliant fun, but so intense that I can't take more than a couple of games per day.

If you liked AoK and The Conquerors, you'll like this, with the added dimension given by the Home City concept. Recommended.

Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 12:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Its defintly worth it IMHO.

Download the demo and give it a shot.

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • James Lock
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-02-06 09:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
    I think you should wait till you get bored of AoM. It's what I would do AoE3 is a good game but so is AoM. Stretch it out a bit so you don't find yourself bored of both games with nothing better to play.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
    And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
    exe163
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-03-06 00:53 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
    yes single player is a bummer, but who cares, this game hook me into RTS, multiplayer that is

1v1 against NPC expert is kinda lame, dont try to use it to learn, you will find the NPC do the impossibles

i toke my lessons online :P, try not to play a lot of nr games, alot of 'rules' problem and good player(major+ i think) dont play nr anymore

Shegevara
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-03-06 01:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
    Not as good as i expected.. but really great afterall

TECHNO RULZZZZZ
    exe163
    Skirmisher
    posted 10-03-06 01:04 AM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
    most reviews under 70%
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to: