You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Wow...Warchiefs?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wow...Warchiefs?
blakeyboi14
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 08:30 AM EDT (US)         
Although this should probably in the WARCHIEFS discussion...I dunno why its here.

Anyways, I just read that the HOT AIR BALLOON will be PERMANENT in TWC. WOW! so, I can basically just set it over my enemies tc, or barracks, and see what he/she produces? Cheap...

-blake : \

Supporter of Gay Marriage.
AuthorReplies:
The_0ne
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 08:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
If thats true whats the point of the ports Spyglass...

my comp:
Pentium4 2.60GHz
1 gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 512mb
poita
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 08:52 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Maybe spyglass will be permanent...

I like the sound of HAB tho. I liked it anyway but this is just icing on the cake. The problem with it is that you never know when to send it.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 09:49 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Well, with the current card you can make lots of balloons in succession, so you can position one where you intend to attack to spot the enemy army, then a minute(?) later put another one at the enemy base to see what reinforcements he's getting. With the new card you'd have to move the single balloon, which will go much more slowly, and it might not get to where you want it in time. Looks like swings and roundabouts to me.
jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 12:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
This sounds a bit OP to me. Who won't want constant LOS on the enemy front?

I wonder if they'll give the guys in the balloons something to shoot the enemy balloons with?

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 10       

Quoted from jaafit:

I wonder if they'll give the guys in the balloons something to shoot the enemy balloons with?

It's World War 1 all over again!

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
if battles can happen with HAB, it will cool, u can have battle in land, ocean and air.

truely three dimensional.

StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 10-02-06 01:42 PM EDT (US)     7 / 10       

Quote:

Although this should probably in the WARCHIEFS discussion...I dunno why its here.

Tep, should be, but a good discussion is going on so for now it can stay.

Anyway, yes it is permanent but has also changed. In orther words, it is MUCH slower and has a smaller LOS.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
MockHamill
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 01:52 PM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
I really doubt anyone above rookie level will use the new balloons. Settler cards, resource cards and military shipment cards will still dominate.

But it is cool that they increase wood gathering HC cards to +20%. Also some of the other new Warchiefs cards seem really powerful like turning pikes into Rods or streelets into musks.

[This message has been edited by MockHamill (edited 10-02-2006 @ 01:53 PM).]

John GrahamLeigh
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 02:29 PM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Aerial bombing did happen within the AoE3 period - just! Austrian balloonists dropped bombs on Venice during the 1849 siege.

Wasn't very effective, though, as the bombload must have been extremely small.

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 10-02-06 02:46 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       
HAB are still invulnerable. I think its best use will still be to spot for monitors.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames