You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Did anyone notice?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Did anyone notice?
EmperorPatrick
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 07:46 PM EDT (US)         
This may mean nothing, but I think I'm the only person who noticed that these two screesnshots depict the same area.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Perhaps this indicates some sort of connection between what's happening in the two scenes.

See the village in the backround of Screenshot 1? That's the same village in Screenshot 2. Also, the cliff with the bear on top is depicted in both scenes. I find it interesting that the Native Fire Dance building is so far separated from the rest of the village, and is situated near where the Europeans are landing. Feel free to speculate on whether this is significant or whether I'm just reading way too deep into things.

AOE III/TWC: 1st Lieutenant
TAD: Master Sergeant (~30 Games Played)

[This message has been edited by EmperorPatrick (edited 03-19-2006 @ 07:50 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 03-19-06 08:01 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Not really significant, but they are from the same scene. You can also tell by the canoes.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 08:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Yes, I noticed, too. I also didn't think it was significant enough to announce it, for I just assumed that others would notice and I personally figured that it was part of the campaign until I saw the European units (longbowmen + skirmishers + halberdiers + envoys = ???). I knew the first two screenshots with the canoes were of the same map as well because of the dock's position.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

[This message has been edited by Cy Marlayne (edited 03-19-2006 @ 08:22 PM).]

Killersquirrel
Skirmisher
posted 03-19-06 11:40 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Heh, funny how with Europeans coming there are Longbowmen, but there are Skirmishers and Envoys...Maybe the Dutch get Longbowmen! Also, is that a Coureur for the natives? Perhaps one of the civilizations are the Cree!

Anyways, I think you are looking too deep into things. Just like how I'm ignoring the fact that they could just pull out random European units in there.

Bill: Bob, I see troops advancing.
Bob: Damn, I can't get my grenades to light. Get over here and block the wind.
Bill: Do you hear gunshots?
Bob: I'm running out of matches. Hurry up.
bill: They just shanked john.
bob: He'll be dearly missed. Now help me ligh-
Poisonium
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 07:57 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       

Quoted from Killersquirrel:

Heh, funny how with Europeans coming there are Longbowmen, but there are Skirmishers and Envoys...Maybe the Dutch get Longbowmen! Also, is that a Coureur for the natives? Perhaps one of the civilizations are the Cree!

Note the "TEAM 3 Envoys" card the dutch can get. And maybe one of the additions to the British can be "TEAM 10 Longbowmen" or whatever. We MUST also mind that the european civs are getting some changes/additions.

Rain is coming down
Drinian
Savage Norseman
(id: TimmySpok)
posted 03-20-06 09:37 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I think it is a screenshot from the new campaign.

Dagorhir Battlegames-- A full contact medieval combat battle game

Varangia-- A viking unit in the Aratari chapter of Dagorhir

Winner-- OD Idol 2009
Lone Rex
Skirmisher
posted 03-20-06 09:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Well, we see a big ship, envoys, longbowmen and a PRIEST and a strange guy talking to natives, this may be the arrival of europeans to america.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
Plays: Age Of Kings:The Conquerors, Age Of Empires III and Rise Of Nations.
Be courteous to all, but intimate with few; and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. George Washington
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames