You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.60 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Why Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization
Bottom
Topic Subject:Why Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 07-30-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all. I'm bored so I decided to post why I think that Aztecs are the 3rd Civilization. So those are the reasons:

1. We know it has to be either Maya, Aztecs or Incas. It can't be another North American civilization, it needs a different art and needs to take a different role than the other natives. So its pretty much obvious its one of the three.

2. Mayas: These guys can probably be eliminated. At a more realistic note their empire felt even before Spain had arrived on the New World, so Aztecs/Incas would be a more viable choice. Though what makes me feel that it isn't them is the last patch... In this patch, Maya natives just got nerfed. Why would ES nerf something that they would need to remove for the X-pack? Were the Iriquois, the worst native, boosted?

3. Incas: Although there are good points about those guys, I have a good reason to believe it isn't them. The Andes map was announced and as far as I know it will have natives, since ES confirmed Patagonia will still be unique. What other natives can you put there besides Incas? I'm sure you would get a few unknown ones, but its highly unlikely.

4. Aztecs: What makes me think that those guys are getting included? Simple... there is all that Sandy history where he said that they are getting removed in the X-pack as minor natives. And, what is better, he edited his post a few days later... why would he do that?

Though those aren't 100% sure reasons they mean something. Everything seems to point to the Aztecs... any comments?

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
AuthorReplies:
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 08-01-06 11:26 PM EDT (US)     51 / 60       

Quote:

Incans werent a really agressive civ and they would be something like boomers.

:: sniff sniff ::

Do you smell that?

Ah... the ignorance in the air!

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Moxidin
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 00:37 AM EDT (US)     52 / 60       
My personal opinion is that the Incas would make MUCH more sense, historically, geographically, ect. But the Aztecs would still be just plain cooler. I don't think so because of ignorance, I've read plenty of things about each of them, either in books or on websites, I even read a book all about incas about a year or so ago.

My problem's just that the Incas seem too normal to me compared to the Aztecs. I'd honestly like it if someone could try to convince me how the Incas would be cooler, that way I'll be less dissapointed if they win. By the way, though, coolness ≠ strength, it doesn't really matter to me which civilization would've been stronger.

Quote:

In about 500 years they went from existing only in a small area around cuzco to controlling all of the Andes.

[This message has been edited by Moxidin (edited 08-02-2006 @ 00:55 AM).]

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 01:18 AM EDT (US)     53 / 60       

Quote:

the aztecs already got a chance in aoc now its time of the incas

As did the Britons/Britains

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 09:29 AM EDT (US)     54 / 60       
There is a difference. The Aztecs are going to get the same units which in AoK they had, with some other new variants.

The Britons, changed to the British and the change was not only by name for they also changed their weaponry (For the most part) and several other things.

Quote:

This is a very ignorant statement.

Quote:

But the Aztecs would still be just plain cooler.

The Incas had different weaponry. They had the same uniform (like the Romans) for the vast majority of their warriors (With some exceptions).

In terms of cool the Incas have nothing to be ashamed of. Their units to me look as "cool" as an army of soldiers should. They didn't wear costumes because they didn't need to feel "Empowered" by an animal costume to fight. They didn't wear outstanding colors to fight, because they didn't want to gain attention when fighting (They had tactics, and being colorful and plain to the sight wasn't one of them).

They were an army that was capable to dominate most of the Andes in really not a very long time, and that to me is one of the coolest achievements any Native American has every made.

Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 08-02-06 09:51 AM EDT (US)     55 / 60       
The Incas could've sent those Jaguar Warriors running.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
nta3329
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     56 / 60       
if the spanish had not come the incas could've conquer all america

PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU PERU////////PERU
THE WONDERFULL COUNTRY
MACHUPICCHU////// MACHUPICCHU ///// MACHUPICCHU
visit
http://travel.peru.com/travel/english/

[This message has been edited by nta3329 (edited 08-02-2006 @ 02:23 PM).]

Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 08-02-06 12:59 PM EDT (US)     57 / 60       

Quoted from Cy dude:

The Aztecs were more of a radical, power-lusting empire that spent its days warring and terrifying its neighbors in order to maintain power. The Incas did not always use war to achieve power in their empire.

You have just gave us the main reason why its Aztecs

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 08-02-2006 @ 01:01 PM).]

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 08-02-06 02:30 PM EDT (US)     58 / 60       
Aztec war was often not about power, territory, or just terrorizing neighbours, it was solely about taking prisoners to sacrafice.
Yamato Take
Prince of Tennis
posted 08-02-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     59 / 60       
Not true. It was mostly about expansion to get tribute from neighboring tribes. After all, the Aztec economy wasn't that good.

Cosmopolitan? Check.
Novoa20
Skirmisher
posted 08-02-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)     60 / 60       

Quote:

It was mostly about expansion to get tribute from neighboring tribes.

It wasn't mostly about expansion, because the Aztecs didn't really get far from where they were. They wanted tribute and people to sacrifce, not to expand.

Quote:

The Incas did not always use war to achieve power in their empire.

But when war was the option the Incas wouldn't think it twice and when they were interested in an area they would exterminate the last soul that opposed them.

If you weren't an Inca, I doubt you would have like to live nex to them. Inca Markets were filled with all kinds of treasures, and they had the best economy in all of the Americas at their time.

After seeing the avatars it all points to Aztec, but I'm still dissappointed that ES has only gone to them because their warriors dressed up to fight (That's the only logical reason).

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames