You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » French= 2 pop cuirs Germans= ?
Bottom
Topic Subject:French= 2 pop cuirs Germans= ?
Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 08:58 AM EDT (US)         
Does anyone know what kind of "special" card the Germans will get?

(like russia gets strels turning into musks etc)

EDIT: I found out myself.... TEAM hire Hessians.

WTF??? A team card for some poopie jaegers vs 2 pop cuirs and turning strels into musks cards??????

ROFL.

[This message has been edited by Voltiguer (edited 09-10-2006 @ 09:12 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
zlad
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     1 / 20       
There could easially be some other level 40 cards for German .
If i remember correctly , sandy answered the Hire hessian thing to a question like : ''could you name some new cards for european civs'' - well , my point is - no one said a thing about level 40 HC .

[This message has been edited by zlad (edited 09-10-2006 @ 09:25 AM).]

schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 09:59 AM EDT (US)     2 / 20       
this is getting ridiculous.

1. strelet becoming musketeer sucks compared to healing manors and 2 pop cuirs

2. you dont know how many come

3. you dont know for what price

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩџ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 09:59 AM EDT (US)     3 / 20       
maybe they will just slow down the shipment rate even more and and make dopples 200 gold 200 food.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)     4 / 20       

Quote:

1. strelet becoming musketeer sucks compared to healing manors and 2 pop cuirs

2. you dont know how many come

3. you dont know for what price

We also don't know how many cool new cards each civ is getting.

Quote:

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
Falcona
Banned
posted 09-10-06 11:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 20       
Ridiculously awesome!
King_Ali_Skahir
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 11:37 AM EDT (US)     6 / 20       
THat 2 pop cuirs card scares me, until I see what other civs get to counter it, i'm not a fan of that card.

Please give me your opinion on the Fall Of Mankind!!! Ultimate Zidane Video

Glory To the revolution!!!

O=[[[[[[[]]]]]]]=-------,
Get Hooked

brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 09-10-06 11:54 AM EDT (US)     7 / 20       
2 pop cuirs will never be used otuside of NR. its going to be a third tier card, and i really cant waste a fortress slot on a card that will allow me to buy rmoe curis at a time.

usually while im sending my cuits to battle, im getting my econ together to replenish them, i dont think you could sen mroe than 1 wave of 60 cuirs unless its NR or an FFA. or a very long team game, and ina team game, you can be fighting WW's and tercios and all kinds of things that own cuirs.

do you really want to wait the extra, (from 1 stable) 4 minutes to train 20 more cuirs?

EDIT: just found out its a 4th age card, meh, still doesnt seem too scary. factory-> factory->2 HC-> 6 cuirs-> maybe thoroughbreds.

[This message has been edited by brandnizzle (edited 09-10-2006 @ 11:56 AM).]

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 09-10-06 01:26 PM EDT (US)     8 / 20       
4th teir, 4th age. Anyways you are correct, how many games last long enough that the French eco can support massing cuirs like that. I would be mroe concerened about what support can be sent along side a similar sized cuir army. In NR it may be a problem, depending one how many late game super cards there are. Strelets to muskets won't help much in later game, other than to save production time and some resources. In team games, just do as you do now. Double, triple or quadruple rush. knock out one French and even if they go all out cuirs, you should be able to hold them off due to an extra 100 pop and an extra 100 villies. I doubt it will get much use in standard games.

Where it will really kick in is newbie games. Just like cuirs now.

[This message has been edited by say1988 (edited 09-10-2006 @ 01:27 PM).]

franman114
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-06 00:31 AM EDT (US)     9 / 20       
well one things for sure

uhlans cant beat stretlets so easily now

so german loses its opness vs russia

i also heard a rumor for an early oprichnik card

Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-06 01:06 AM EDT (US)     10 / 20       

Quote:

i also heard a rumor for an early oprichnik card

Please, oh God, no.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-06 07:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 20       
I also heard of an early atomic bomb card.

::sarcasm::

Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 09-18-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     12 / 20       
I think I'd rather be hit by an atomic bomb than early Oprichniki.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
zlad
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-06 01:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 20       
^
|

word .

Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-06 07:31 AM EDT (US)     14 / 20       
Why? Either way you're going to die. One's just faster than the other, and the one that's faster will also consume your corpse. POOF!

F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-06 08:21 AM EDT (US)     15 / 20       
A lot of team games go to age 4, maybe very early if somebody decided to sling the french player to age 4. Some team games even go imperial. I am sure this card will be used a LOT.

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
zlad
Skirmisher
posted 09-20-06 09:34 AM EDT (US)     16 / 20       
It's clear , that in 'normal' games , this card has no big use , but it's the new Treaty mode I'm worried about . It's common to see 40 MIN NR games these days , and French could be really strong in games like these with those 60 Cuirassers .
fryBASS
Skirmisher
(id: LO12DS_Frylock)
posted 09-20-06 04:34 PM EDT (US)     17 / 20       
look at us... prancing around about ONE card for the french... why are we so crazy about it anyway? i mean seriously.

the first time i saw it, i was like OH SHIT... then i was like wait, ES aren't TOTAL (i would just say idiots, but someone will probably bring up some crap about something that they did that they didnt like so yeah...) idiots... do you really think that they'd just put that in and give everyone else NOTHING? there is probably a lot of stuff to do to stop any crap like that. and all it does is make their pop lower. its not like their price is cut in half too or something.
SHEESH

Check out my YouTube Page!
ESO - LO12DS_Fry
Gamer man
Skirmisher
posted 09-23-06 12:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 20       
First off, curriassers cost the same amount either way. So either way, you should be able to cost effectively beat them using the appropriet counter unit.

So what seems to be the problem is that everyone thinks they can't mass produce the counters as quickly as they are going to need. But look at it this way, if he has enough money to afford 60 curriassers + constant replacements, you should have enough money to afford multiple barracks (or stables) to pour out the cheap counters. If you can't, they you probably would have died anyways as his economy must be crushing yours.

And even if you can't manage to replace at the rate he can, what is the big deal. If he went pure curriassers, he just has a bunch of cavalry running through your base, not doing enough damage to your buildings to offshoot the amount of money he lost in the battle against your army. If he is going to make a solid dent in your base, he is going to need cannons. but for every 2 cannons, he loses 5 curriassers, and every time he loses 5 curriassers, the effect of the card seems less and less and less.

So what everyone is calling 60 curriassers, will probably look more like 40 curriassers, and 4 cannons (if he doesn't balance out his army) or 30 curriassers and 60 slots worth of other units(if he does want a fairly balanced one).

so what's the big deal you may ask? It's simple, what everyone is calling 20 extra curriassers, in any practical army, will accually be 10-14 extra curriassers, which is far less troublesome. That is practically an extra 30-42 population slots in an army (up to about 150 population army, the same as the dutch already have), which is easily overcomeable, esspecially since you already know what the core of the enemy's army is going to be.

Finally, with all the complaining and moaning from all the people here, don't you think that ES would test specifically to see if that card was over powered or not? I think, if anything, when the game comes out, the card will be too weak, not too strong.

Moooers are remembered, chirpers never die, splashers are invincable

Cancer of the Head
Skirmisher
(id: say1988)
posted 09-23-06 01:35 PM EDT (US)     19 / 20       
The porblem many people are fearing is just what you said. Instead of 35 cuirs and 15 skirms, he can have 50 cuirs and 30 volitguers (which are RG and counter every anti-cav unit in the game).

The problem of cost and time is also removed in NR games, where, unless you are the ultimate anti-cav civ (Germany) 60 cuirs can do serious damage to anything, and it wouldn't take long to get skirms out to support, if you were stupid not to have any in the first place. This is even more powerful on Cheyenne maps, where you can still get instant cav, and maps with LI, where less pop is put into skirms.

I suspect it will have counters, but this is a very powerful card in certain circumstances (namely team games, especially 3 and 4 person teams, and NR).

SandyMan
VIP
(id: ES_Sandyman)
posted 10-02-06 05:55 PM EDT (US)     20 / 20       
The Team Hire Hessians card is huge. It's the only infinite TEAM card in the game so it can be sent again and again.

And yes, if you sit on your butt and idly let the French build 60 Gendarmes then they will probably beat you. But if you're that indolent, they would probably have beat you regardless.

[This message has been edited by ES_Sandyman (edited 10-02-2006 @ 05:56 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames