You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Interesting Aztec Military Information
Bottom
Topic Subject:Interesting Aztec Military Information
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:17 PM EDT (US)         
I found a few sites that have some really good information about the Aztec military. If you go to them, they explain all of the military ranks, including the Otontin (Skull Knights) and Arrow Knights. I know some of us (including me) were confused about the Skull Knights and Arrow Knights. These pages will help you understand those ranks.

I think some of this information is what lead ES to create their versions of the Aztec military units in the game.

- Painting Guide for an Aztec Army (Has some pictures.)
- Meet the Aztecs (Lots of good info.)
- War Flute Ordo (Some forum discussing the Aztec military.)

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
AuthorReplies:
Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 06:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       

Quote:

Although a military order called Arrow Knights did not exist, this figure does help create two other uniform types. The figure wears a bodysuit, which can be used with the papalotl or butterfly backbanner.

Apparently Arrow Knights never existed.

Nezahualcoyotl
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 08:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Nice find there, I've seen the first two pages, but I could never remember where I looked.

My only hope is that the Skull Knight is extremely powerful in the game.

Cy Marlayne
Skirmisher
posted 10-02-06 10:28 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
The funny thing is, Skull Knights were more like mercenaries than an actual rank.

The main ranks in the Aztec military were Eagles and Jaguars. Eagles usually made up the main force. They were like a Royal Army, whereas anything lower than the Eagle rank were simply part of a noble's personal army.

Warriors within the Eagle rank did not fight only with spears. They actually used swords (maquahuitls) more than any other weapon. Their common weapon array were spears, swords, and atlatls.

Jaguar Warriors used mostly maquahuitls as well, but some also used quauhololli, which is what we see the Skull Knights wielding. Jaguar Warriors were actually spies and very keen strategists who mapped out a battle before calling in the Eagle Warriors to attack while the Jaguar Warriors surrounded the area, setting up a defensive parameter.

After reading all of this I now know that the Aztec army was much more powerful than just their numbers. They were very warfare-intelligent.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames