You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Played 2 games with TWC
Bottom
Topic Subject:Played 2 games with TWC
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 10:31 AM EDT (US)         
Both games were 2v2.

Now I remember why I LIKE having players rated even if I think it also makes it harder to find games. The first game I played was random and my teammate ended up not being very good. He never built more than 18 settlers even though the game went over 20:00. Playing as Sioux I took down BOTH of my opponent's town centers. Unfortunately, the first was just able to get his War Chief away and the second had hit Fortress just before I got to his town. In the end we lost.

Sioux war club rush is about as basic as it gets but it's very easy to carry out at low civ levels against opponents who are not very good.

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
AuthorReplies:
poita
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 10:36 AM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
So are you trying to say that this rush is/might be OP or just that it is too good for how easy it is?

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 10:43 AM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
It's too early to make any kind of OP claims. I just expect it to be a common strat early on.

MNBob's AOE Page
blackieinape3
Banned
posted 10-19-06 10:44 AM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
I noticed 1 thing that I didnt like about TWC, and it has to do with finding a damn game. Why would they start your rank over in TWC? I will get slaugtered for sure playing someone who is better than a damn conscript! Does this mean, I currently have to get my rank up to where it is in regular AOE3? That is complete BS! Oh yeah, the number of games you can find are crappy! Ended up going back to aoe3 server to play with more people.
Botolf
Royal Guard
posted 10-19-06 10:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
That's because not many people have it.

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       
TWC uses a different Power Rating because it adds new civs and new units. It's a separate game and thus it should have a separate rating.

However, unitl enough people have it and have played enough games, there will be plenty of unbalanced "conscript" match ups early on. The only way you can avoid it is to not play any games if you recognize a name as being one of the AOE3 good players.

MNBob's AOE Page
matt light
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:17 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
lol, I was on regular last night (don't have twc yet) and I couldn't find a 2v2 with my friend anywhere. It was all a bunch of lance corporals...

Join the media team!
FeaR clan
MSN: eiles3@comcast.net | ESO: Mattlight | Skype: Matt_to_da_light | Gamespy: TeHMaTFaCToR
When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:20 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Why don't you just judge people by their aoe ranking.

It is my understanding that you can view a person's aoe3 ranking by viewing their home cities and switching over to the aoe3 window.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:29 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       
That will work for browser games but not QS.

MNBob's AOE Page
zion_CDawg
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:41 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
but in QS you don't get to pick your partners anyways...
hippocrack
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 01:21 PM EDT (US)     10 / 10       

Quote:

Sioux war club rush is about as basic as it gets...

yeah, nothing quite as basic as having men with clubs take down a civilization... I haven't played it, but that sounds really, really annoying.

Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames