You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » So was anyone really blown away by the new native civs?
Bottom
Topic Subject:So was anyone really blown away by the new native civs?
theboywonder916
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 03:44 PM EDT (US)         
I just got it and checked out aztecs, which i thought i was going to love, and souix, and im not all that blown away. I mean the european civs got some cool things to renew some interest there, but i dont really have much desire to go and play as the natives. No im not going to deny that the souix seem REAL tough, but not all that interesting. Anyone else feel this way?
AuthorReplies:
Anonamis
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 03:53 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
i dunno i havnt gotten it yet but thanks for your opinion

I'm not as dumb as you look
DeaconRien
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 04:13 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I love the Xpack although I have no real interest in playing with the Natives civs (did like the Iroqouis though).

The Saloon makes for an all new set of strategies as well as all the new cards.

You really do not know what to expect now when you go into a game.

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Still waiting on the xpack to arrive, however I'm sure I'll be excited to play with the new civs and see how they operate and such. One thing I'm not thrilled about is the saloon. I've never been one to FF and merc spam, and I could compete against that with micro and skill. Now, it seems I'll have to merc spam as my enemy will too :-\

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
The_0ne
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 07:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I just got the x pack. And I'm having a blast playing has the natives. The new things that European got are nice, but I'm having a better time with the natives.

my comp:
Pentium4 2.60GHz
1 gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 512mb
parallax8d
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 12:28 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I like the Aztec, and the other natives will be cool once I get bored of them.
RascalJones
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 01:16 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I've only played 1 game vs the comp in TWC. I played as the Sioux. They're pretty intriguing. Building vills and an army without building houses is quite nice.
zion_CDawg
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 01:43 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
the difference between how you play when you are using natives is very startling, especially with sioux.

whole new strategies and build orders are needed. it is basically a relearning of a new RTS game. Not at all like AOC in which the new civs weren't so different that you didn't have basic strats to try.

The biggest difference and thing to watch is the Fire Pit.

When playing as a european civ, i'd make it as much a priority to take out that fire pit early, as to take out the TC.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames