You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ripoff!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ripoff!
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)         
You know how when you send Advanced Arsenal, you can build it in Colonial and ALL the techs become available to you?

Well, ES added a tech for Grenadiers, Incendiary Grenade, that gives them a 1.3x damage multiplier against buildings, and increases the splash damage area by 1 (to 4).

But, when you send Advanced Arsenal, and build it in Colonial, you stil can't research this tech! It's redded out, requiring you to be in age 3.

Lame, very lame, ES.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."

[This message has been edited by Ender_Ward (edited 10-19-2006 @ 05:23 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
George_uk
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 05:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Well naders as they are particularly strong in colonial. The nader rush is pretty viable anyway. Perhaps this would of made it too strong. And it's usually when you get to age3+ that nader use just stops so this card is to encourage their production after age3+

Previously known as MoNo Ager
vbscript2
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 06:01 PM EDT (US)     2 / 10       
That would've made the gren rush quite fun. Stinks that it's age3+.

I am an 1800. Oh, wait. 1800 stinks. nm.
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 09:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Ender this is what everyone asked for, they said lategame naders were weak... so why are you complaining :P

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 10:05 PM EDT (US)     4 / 10       
Again, they were afraid of the Ottos abusing and/or using grenaiders with jans.

Just take grenaiders away from Ottos, they have jans :P

EDIT: maybe it's a bug or mistake by ES?

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_

[This message has been edited by Brtnboarder495 (edited 10-19-2006 @ 10:05 PM).]

poita
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 02:10 AM EDT (US)     5 / 10       

Quote:

maybe it's a bug or mistake by ES?

I very much doubt that. I agree with Ossian. This is what everyone asked for and they gave it to us.

- - ESO Name: poita - -
- - ELO Rating: 2120 - -
- - Civ: Russia + Dutch - -
My Aztec Unit Guide (Updated!)
GreatViet
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 03:30 AM EDT (US)     6 / 10       
i'm more afraid of british naders with those cards... musk/nader combat now 15%... special card for nader of brit +67% siege attack and +20% all actions damage so that card almost double nader siege attack. if we count in the new tech from arsenal. british nader will be xtremely gud in clear all kind of infantry
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 07:19 AM EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Cheers!

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 10-20-06 07:50 AM EDT (US)     8 / 10       

Quote:

if we count in the new tech from arsenal. british nader will be xtremely gud in clear all kind of infantry

And yet imp grens will still lose to vet hussars :P

[This message has been edited by xMatt the Greatx (edited 10-20-2006 @ 07:51 AM).]

Turk Janissary
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     9 / 10       
istead of doing that ES should have thought in giving a bouns to Ports in early game cause in a game that is even more in colonial how ports will survive

WHAT THE BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY BLOODY HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I am no Turk i am Portuguese ..... I just like to play Turk
And the 50 thousand Janissarys came upon the byzantine walls Constantinople and the byzantine empire were about to end..
Unthinking_Pain
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 09:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 10       

Quote:

And yet imp grens will still lose to vet hussars :P

At least Hussars will be good for something!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames