Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Aztec Colonial
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aztec Colonial
MrHumphries
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:14 PM EDT (US)         
War Hut Training and Fencing School are two cards the Aztecs can get. You all know what Fencing School does, War Hut Training reduces War Hut unit train time by another 40%.

Toss in the five villager card, and the Aztecs have a surprisingly strong Colonial. I just got done with a 3v3, my first game with both cards, where one of the players abandoned early when he got rushed by three people. Not a few minutes later and I and my ally (both aztecs) had routed their force and were making our way through their city, destroying it with a good amount of spearmen.

If you can manage to maintain a strong enough economy, and get your War Priest on the Fertility Dance, Aztecs have exceptional unit spamming ability. Anybody else have experience with this?

Another bonus is that if you get your War Huts up in a defensive position around your villagers, raids aren't an issue. If you're saving up for Fortress, and a bunch of axe riders come you way, not only can you toss your villies in the War Huts but you can get 10 Spearmen out in roughly 4 seconds to deal with the threat.

AuthorReplies:
TarsTarkas
Skirmisher
posted 10-19-06 11:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Everything I read about the Axtec makes me like them more

If your other team mate was russian with Team Dueling School, you would have had insta infantry! That would just be wicked, especially in colonial.

" Studies have shown that people who say "Gameplay>Realism" are less likely to find girlfriends or lead a successful, rational life in the real world.

To see these studies for yourself, please click here."

~ Cy Marlayne

Nezahualcoyotl
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 00:13 AM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
And to think, there's still some ignorant fools who insist the fire pit is useless

"People react to fear, not love - they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true"
The Anti Elmo
Skirmisher
(id: Led)
posted 10-20-06 00:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Well, for most civs in the first age it is. But Aztecs can take advantage of it from Age I. That is a big bonus. I remember Sup3rman saying that at first all the experts would gravitate towards Sioux, but then would take up Aztecs because they realize the size of the advantages they have, warrior priest being one of them.

"My fort was razed by cougars."
parallax8d
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 01:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Just leveling my home city up to level 21 yesterday and only learning some of the basics about the civ, they have a huge advantage. Once you get those 10 warrior priests in the hizzie, they can pull off some amazing feats. The "heal any idle units" dance is my favorite. There is nothing like having a battered group of units become 100% again - and back into the battle in record time for 0 resources. And the free skull knights....what can you say? PWNAGE is what you can say and you would be right.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames