You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ok, I'm a little confused
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ok, I'm a little confused
somme
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 01:12 PM EDT (US)         
I was playing Aztecs and I noticed their coyote guys seemed to fill the role of cavalry but a few things have be confused...

Pikes seems to get a bonus against them now as they are light infantry but do they get countered by dragoons like other cavalry or is it only other heavy infantry...

Why did ES feel the need to redefine an entire set of units simply for a couple of guys. Am I the only one who thinks this was retarded...?

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
AuthorReplies:
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 10-20-06 01:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       

Quote:

Am I the only one who thinks this was retarded...?

No.

What I've understood is that they act just like cavalry, all units that counter Cavalry also counter them, but have a lower multipler (it seems to be about 2/3 of their multiplier vs cavalry). Looking at MNbob chart, Dragoons get 2.75x Coyote dudes, which is more than 2 thirds... Guess Dragoons are one of the best counter for those guys then.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Makita
Skirmisher
posted 10-20-06 02:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       

Quoted from somme:

Am I the only one who thinks this was retarded...?

Yes. You are.

I think it's great that they did us this favor. It used to be that you always had to type out "light infantry", which is 2 words. Who likes to type out 2 whole words? Nobody. So, now we only have to do that for a couple of units.

Xbows, skirms, and other ex-light infantry can now be referred to as NOT-Light-Infantry-But-Also-NOT-Heavy-Infantry, more commonly known as NOTLIBANOTHI. See? Only one word. Much easier!

Who feels retarded now? The revised definitions are awesome!!...(oops, need more emphasis).....ARE AWESOME!!!

[This message has been edited by Makita (edited 10-20-2006 @ 02:57 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames