You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » a year later and some things never change
Bottom
Topic Subject:a year later and some things never change
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-10-06 11:35 PM EDT (US)         

Quote:

First bad thing on that list Abus Gun is NOT Light Infantry/Ranged Cavalry unit or not even infantry. It is light artillery and the grenadiers are also... Next thing: Abus gun's hand attack is not 0.5x against cav, sorz P:

http://forum.agecommunity.com/ibb/posts.aspx?postID=350794

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
AuthorReplies:
The Anti Elmo
Skirmisher
(id: Led)
posted 11-10-06 11:39 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
I never would have guessed that it isn't ranged cavalry.

"My fort was razed by cougars."
Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 00:31 AM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
How funny, I have a feeling that guy masses culvs against abus
Mokon
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 01:22 AM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Its very simple... Computers really dont work via that strange thing called programming language. They do it via little fairies that romp around in the computer and make strange unpredicatable thing happen

Mokon | | | AoE3 Rate 2200~ | | |
  • To check out my Age of Empires III Strategy Guide click here!
  • The price of my guide has been reduced! Check it out!
  • New TWC Recorded Games Posted on my Media Page!
  • jaafit
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-11-06 01:38 AM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
    That guy had to be joking. Ranged cavalry? wow

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
    Asatruar
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-11-06 03:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
    Why are they not artillery? Cannons are accompanied by little soldiers. In fact theres only one cannon but a couple soldiers!!! ZOMG CANNONS ARE NOT ARTILLERY!

Seriously though, just think of Abus Guns as guys with really small cannons. Grenadiers are just LIVING cannons that throw their cannonballs.

Cy Marlayne
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-11-06 03:39 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
    Abus guns are ranged cavalry. Cmon guys... can you not tell? The stands that hold their uber muskets are obviously horses. They just have a bum leg, which is why they move so slow.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪
    Welcome to Life, your vacation from nothing.
    ₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

[This message has been edited by Cy Marlayne (edited 11-11-2006 @ 03:40 AM).]

Brtnboarder495
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-11-06 11:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
    That explains me loosing to Ottomans all the time <_<

Seriously, I hope he was fruited up or drunk at the time he posted that.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
    Asatruar
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-12-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
    What the devil is "fruited up"? Did he consume so much fruit that he became delusional?

Iron Maiden (Element 666 on the periodic table) is the heaviest metal known to man.
    fast kill
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-12-06 00:32 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
    "Abus guns are ranged cavalry. Cmon guys... can you not tell? The stands that hold their uber muskets are obviously horses. They just have a bum leg, which is why they move so slow."

lol rotfl lmao all at once

Fast kill
    TheRomans
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-12-06 04:13 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
    I think all light artillery means is infantry that do siege damage. They are infantry, but are trained from the artillery foundry because they do siege damage instead of ranged or melee. The best proof I have found showing abus and grenadiers are infantry without looking in the game's files is that, if a civ has the card engineering school it will either not have grenadiers/abus or the card fencing school. Ottoman doesn't have fencing school(infantry training card) because if they did, abus guns and grenadiers would be instant in age 4, 40+40+25=105 train time off. The other two civs that have engineering school, portugal, france, have fencing school but don't have grenadiers. So if engineering school effects grenadiers and fencing school affects grenadiers, then having both cards and grenadiers would be very OP.
    somme
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-12-06 04:16 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
    Abus guns are abstract infantry so you counter them like skirmishers.

ESO : Pcfreak8
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
    A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
    Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
    TheRomans
    Skirmisher
    posted 11-12-06 04:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       

Quote:

Abus guns are abstract infantry so you counter them like skirmishers.

This I know, I also know my way around the proto.xml. I'm trying to help those trying to understand or make believers out of those who don't. New way, well new for me, to prove grenadiers and abus are not artillery.

Abus have 130 hitpoints, culvs do 160 damage to artillery, yet abus only recieve 40 damage. If abus were artillery, the culv would kill them 1 shot.

You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames