You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » just got freeze hacked
Bottom
Topic Subject:just got freeze hacked
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:21 PM EDT (US)         
Played a long game with horrible lag. We are at 32:46 of game time which probably took 90 minutes of real time. The whole other team revolts when we are finally in our last laggy push. They must use of most of their resources and then one player on the other team goes unresponsive. The timer ticks down to 1 second and remains there where it is at right now. There are only 2 players left in the game. Me and the freeze hacker I assume. It really is silly what people will go out of their way to do for a game.

I did email ES and sent screen shots. Hopefully it'll make a difference.

Re: screen shots -- My game won't save screenshots. I have to use print screen and paste into paint. Anyone have an idea why that might be?

Abus Guns and Grenadiers ARE NOT ARTILLERY!
MNBob's AOE Page
AuthorReplies:
Braenn
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Strange, my game takes screenshots fine..

"No Rush games are the AoE3 version of the special olympics". ~ Ender_Ward
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people
Alexastor
AoEO Seraph
(id: Kastor)
posted 11-11-06 04:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
Same thing happend to a friend of mine - Mick from aoe3.de
Asatruar
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
z0mg! This is a hack? I've had it happen to me before. I thought it was just AoEIII glitching out hard so I didn't take a SS. I did put the guy on my pest list though cause I thought he was just a hardcore lagger.

Iron Maiden (Element 666 on the periodic table) is the heaviest metal known to man.
Chris91_gib
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:57 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Exactly the same happened to me not so long ago, I imagined the enemy had done it on purpose since we were winning, I just didn't know how and got confused with drop trickling or something like that. It didn't cross my mind to take print screens, or even report it.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
- Thomas J. Watson, 1943, Chairman of the Board of IBM
Asatruar
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
Is it also a hack when the drop screen pops up and goes away over and over real fast?

Iron Maiden (Element 666 on the periodic table) is the heaviest metal known to man.
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 05:02 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
The blinking screen usually results in the drop trick where the player who is drop tricking eventually loses connection but reports a win back to ESO.

Incidentally, I'm still in the Freeze Hack game. My computer has nothing better to do right now so it can sit there all night.

MNBob's AOE Page
nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 05:03 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
I dont really think this was worth a new topic... There would be dozen posts every day if everyone would post new topic everytime they get freezehacked.
MNBob
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 05:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
I was really posting to find out if anyone might know why I can't take screen shots.

What is the proper method for screen shots? Which key?

The shots are supposed to automatically get saved in C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\My Games\Age of Empires 3\Screenshots

It must have worked at one point because I have 10 files named screen1.jpg - screen10.jpg

Is there a 10 file limit for screen shots so I need to delete those?

MNBob's AOE Page
drahnier
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 08:55 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       

Quote:

The blinking screen usually results in the drop trick where the player who is drop tricking eventually loses connection but reports a win back to ESO.

The blinking screen can happen for legitimate reasons too, when the player has connection problems i assume.

How would someone make the screen stop at 1 second and stay there?
It's never happened to me.

I only know for sure i've been droptricked once, because the guy told me he would right before he did it. (Nice of him, isn't it?)
I got the win though.

wyveric
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 09:39 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Blinking screen can happen legitimately, I've seen it happen.
My teammate was sitting next to me and when we ctrl-alt-deleted his game, we were able to break the cycle and continue playing.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 11-11-06 10:05 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
Damn, MNBob found my other account!

This freeze hack is new to me. Although it shouldn't have the same effect in a 1vs1, so I guess I'm safe

I think that F11 also takes screenshots. You can try it, or deleting the old ones.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
Gelex
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:43 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I'm in a 1v1 freeze hack as we speak, it does effect 1v1, this spanish guy tried to rush me and I beat him back to his base, pretty good game then when I was about to kill him he froze it on me.

MNbob, was the guys name (No Names)?

EDIT: I just waited him out, lets see if I got the win or not, will update.

[This message has been edited by Mokon (edited 11-12-2006 @ 00:51 AM).]

nidhog_slayer
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 11:05 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
print screen button down right corner button for screenshots work for me.
Sens_fan
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 11:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
I find that my screen shot button is F5.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames