Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » ATP and it's uses
Bottom
Topic Subject:ATP and it's uses
Omnizero
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:30 PM EDT (US)         
So I've been reading these forums for a few weeks now, looked at some high rated decks and found everyone has ATP in them. Can someone tell me how to make good use of this? (specifically for dutch, but also in general)
AuthorReplies:
Asatruar
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Because it makes attacking TPs (at least early in the game) a complete waste of resources and time. Having a TP nobody wants to touch is very usefull.

Iron Maiden (Element 666 on the periodic table) is the heaviest metal known to man.
Makita
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 05:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
For the most part, I find ATP hard to use with the Dutch. I'd rather use wood for making banks than for building TPs.

Of course, ATP would be great on maps with many TPs or decent natives, but in that case, your opponent is usually thinking the same thing and will also be using ATP.

privatevoltigeur
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 09:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
for people like myself looking at this topic who can't immediatley figure out what ATP is, it's Advanced Trading Post.

I, for one, thought you were talking about Adenosine Triphospate. anyways.

ATP is pretty nice, if you're into native rushes and/or trade monopolies. However, I find there are so many other cards more universally useful that I almost never bother with ATP.

-The transition from an AOE3 sig to an M2TW sig is not an easy one.
-My computer's too old to run M2TW, so I have to subsist on pictures, the manual, and youtube!
-MTW and RTW are all I have now
Asatruar
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 10:00 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Well, ATP is not usefull for all civs. In many (including mine) Ottoman rush styles, ATP is a core part. To maximize your rush as Ottomans, it's amazing to be able to have shipments coming in quickly. Usually by the time I rush I try to have my 3 settler card, ATP, battlefield construction, and 3 hussars played already. The hussars are last because most of the time I don't really need them and unless he is a good rushing civ I probably play 4 settlers in it's place. If the game even lasts that long

Iron Maiden (Element 666 on the periodic table) is the heaviest metal known to man.
Darthcast
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 10:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
The Aztecs get a card with 3 TP travois in age 2. I wonder if the ATP card is still useful for the Aztecs?

Play my scenarios! You won't believe how much fun they are!
Asatruar
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 11:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Can't say, I don't play TWC.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames