You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Team Early Skirms screws up
Bottom
Topic Subject:Team Early Skirms screws up
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 04:54 PM EDT (US)         
WEll me and my partner were playing a 2v2 with soem friends. My ally, a frenchie, figures to combat the dutch with soem skirms, and sends TEAM early skirms. It says in the card it is supposed to enable wakina rifles, yet it never happened. I know that peopple would prefer cetans anyway, but this card is broken. anyone else have this problem? ES needs to fix this in the next patch.

Proud winner of the FFA Winter Round '07!
[Judgε][Epic Thread]
My Vods:[One] [Two][Three][Four]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
AuthorReplies:
mista_mista
Skirmisher
posted 11-11-06 11:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
You have to be playing as sioux to get wakina rifles

ESO2: mista_mista
"Baby, you like shopping? Well, I like sieging town centers and raiding villagers..." -DONofCHRON
"Then theres the aztecs. With their 35 guys on the pit they can spit out vills faster than george bush can spit out troops into Iraq." -Cookiecrisp13
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
really?

(well yeah)
my friend was french and I was souix.

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
"with all the bling on a mandsabar you could win the game by paying the enemy to resign." IL
FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
It's another typo in the techtree. They have relativity set to 'BasePercent' when it should be 'Assign'.

Wrong:

Quote:

<Effect type ='Data' amount ='1.00' subtype ='AllowedAge' relativity ='BasePercent'>
<Target type ='ProtoUnit'>xpWarRifle</Target></Effect>

Right:

Quote:

<Effect type ='Data' amount ='1.00' subtype ='AllowedAge' relativity ='Assign'>
<Target type ='ProtoUnit'>Skirmisher</Target></Effect>

CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:33 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
ahhh, well looks like this wont be fixed untill the next patch (even if it is as easy to change as you make it look like). Does basepercent make a unit train faster? (im no code guy here)

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
FriedPegasus
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
If the subtype is TrainPoints and the amount is less than 1 it would. This is how they do it with archers and strelets with that card:

Quote:

<Effect type ='Data' amount ='0.80' subtype ='TrainPoints' relativity ='BasePercent'>
<Target type ='ProtoUnit'>Longbowman</Target></Effect>

As it is it just sets AllowedAge to 100% of its starting value (2.00) which is, of course, its starting value. In other words absolutely nothing happens to Wakina Rifles.

[This message has been edited by FriedPegasus (edited 11-12-2006 @ 00:43 AM).]

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:53 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quoted from Cookiecrisp13:

I know that peopple would prefer cetans anyway

Even though I'm probably in the minority, I would take Wakina Rifles. Wakinas can hit and run, have a longer range, are much cheaper, and have a high base attack. The Cetans' higher rate of fire is less important at that stage.

Actually, could I please exchange my Dutch Skirmishers for some Wakina Rifles? Kthnxbye.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 06:49 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Wakina rifles pwn...their cost is SO much better than skirms.

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
CookieCrisp13
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 01:04 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Yeah they are pretty cheap, and it is annoying how skirms can hit and run cetans...

[Judgε][Epic Thread]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames