You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » WTF is up with Iron Clads?
Bottom
Topic Subject:WTF is up with Iron Clads?
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 00:57 AM EDT (US)         
These things are terrible. I just played a very long game where my friend revolutioned just to annoy us and got those lovely iron clads.

2 of the good aztec war canoes brought down 2 iron clads. Isnt this a little stupid? i mean its game play over history but come on...

By they way, it was probably the funniest moment ever playing ages 3.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
AuthorReplies:
Uncle_Joe
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 03:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Without upgrades, a silly War Canoe does more damage than a European FRIGATE (100 to 80). On top of that, they dont need to turn broadside to fire. Yes, they are ridiculous.

I think I would have MUCH prefered allowing natives to mass up smaller (markedly inferior) ships, but having them do more damage than a cannon armed frigate? Assinine IMO.

Sargon II
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 04:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
yeah, i would have prefered it if it was more like taskuncke prowlers' mass-em-and-get-stronger aura.

Veni, Vidi, Castratavi Illegitimos.
MadeManG74
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 05:52 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Thats what i was expecting too, everytime someone asked ES something about canoes, they would reply with things that made it sound like they would need to be in large numbers, or require stealth or something, im a bit dissapointed. Its still a great game to play and very fun, but I wish they tried to stick to history a bit better in that regard. At least their campaign was much better than AOE3 Vanillas campaign, at least they tried to keep it somewhat historically accurate this time. Still no where close to the AOK campaigns.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames