You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » British Grenaiders (Crazy)
Bottom
Topic Subject:British Grenaiders (Crazy)
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 11:30 AM EDT (US)         
Im sure every1 is aware that Grenaiders are sub-par units at best, however the British have a card that gives +67%seige damage and like 20 or 25% ranged attack.

If you get to fortress and are lucky enough to save up for incendiary grenades, that coupled with the British Improved Grenaiders card, at vet status is 21 ranged attack with 4 splash. With an astonoshing 111 seige damage x1.3 against buildings.Dont forget they can hold therye own against ranged units with 50% ranged resist.

At Guard status they have 300 hp, 27 ranged attack with 4 splash, 127 seige damage x1.3 against buildings. WIth like 13 hand attack, but if you have some pikemen/anti cav support, these things simply DEVASTATE buildings.

Dont get me wrong Grenaiders are still very expensive and building a strat around them is risky in most situations. But if used sneaky,(send back door while main force engages enemies units) just like 15 of them can kill a TC in like 40 secs. I have a rec of a game i played in a 1 v 1, the guy tried to FI and didnt play well, but the results are telling.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by ub3r (edited 11-12-2006 @ 11:32 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
radradrobotanks
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 04:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 4       
If only they weren't classified as heavy infantry. At the moment, they only really coutner musketeers, jannisaries, x-bows and longbows.

[This message has been edited by radradrobotanks (edited 11-12-2006 @ 04:10 PM).]

xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 11-12-06 09:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 4       
They actually counter archer units quite well. With their massive ranged resistance, they can take a lot of hits, and due to archers' lack of hit and run, they can't avoid the grenades like skirm type units can. Thus, the likes of longbows, cetans, and aennas are screwed
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 09:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 4       
Matt speaks truth.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
ub3r
Skirmisher
posted 11-12-06 11:04 PM EDT (US)     4 / 4       
True. I like having grenaiders mixed in w my other units. THey are a major seige threat, your opponent simply cannot buy himself time whilst getting sieged by grenaiders. He either deals with them, or he is losing buildings.

Im just not sure about sending the card, or when to send it. But you cant deny the card is great, 100 seige grenaiders in age 2 is a very serious unit.

"Were surrounded.........this simplifies things." - Chesty Puller USMC 1950

"Let your plans be dark and as impenatrable as night, and when you move, fall like a lightning-bolt." - Sun Tzu

[This message has been edited by ub3r (edited 11-12-2006 @ 11:05 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames