You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » If you wanted to make Cavalry counter Infantry(Old LI) better how would you do it?
Bottom
Topic Subject:If you wanted to make Cavalry counter Infantry(Old LI) better how would you do it?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
justiw
Skirmisher
posted 12-14-06 02:19 PM EDT (US)         
Post some creative answers please. I don't care if you think Infantry is OP, UP or balanced. Please don't discuss that here. Thanks.

Popular Proposed Idea:
Give Infantry *0.7 to scout cavalry (hussar, cossack, coyote, uhlan, axe rider, kanye)

Other Ideas:
1. Increase the minimum range of Infantry range attack to something like 4 or 5 and decrease their melee attack by 10-20%. This will force them into melee mode more easily. This might spark interest to boost their ranged attack in some cases.

2. Decrease the time that cav stop moving when they attack. Currently they pause for something like .5 seconds every time they attack. They would be more effective if they could move around sooner especially with the pathfinding issues.

3. Increase the range resistance of scout cav while boosting the multiplier for ranged cav.

Counter the attack, then Counter Attack!!!
AuthorReplies:
Krator
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 06:40 PM EDT (US)     26 / 29       
Remove the existing trample mode. Replace with a trample mode that severely cripples hit units, i.e: reduces their speed a LOT. A horse is standing on you, and you can't run. Shouldn't work against melee infantry though.

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Alpha Fireborn
Skirmisher
(id: lavamancer20)
posted 12-15-06 07:03 PM EDT (US)     27 / 29       
the problem iwth them slowing down is with the group format. when you look at this group, 2 falconets, 5 skirms, 2 hussars; you see that there are 3 different speed units, to stay together, the infantry and hussars slow down to keep pace with the cannons.

same effect with the hussars, they slow down to keep pace withthe hurt hussar

Jesus loves me this i know.
for Chuck Norris tells me so!
Unthinking_Pain
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 09:10 PM EDT (US)     28 / 29       
Post edited to reflect my misreading of some of the previous post - apologies and thanks for correction, Ender.

On second thought, I'll just remove this mess and continue on as though nothing had happened...

[This message has been edited by Unthinking_Pain (edited 12-15-2006 @ 10:34 PM).]

Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 10:20 PM EDT (US)     29 / 29       

Quoted from Unthinking_Pain:

No, that's not why they slow down. Even a group of only Hussar will slow down when one gets hit.

Actually he's correct, and you just restated what he already said in a roundabout way.

Units in a selected group will match the speed of the slowest unit. Thus a group of Hussars you selected and ordered to attack, will match the speed of the slowest member of that group, a Hussar that's getting slowed by a melee hit.
If you select that entire control group again, de-select the slowed/hurt Hussar and order the rest of the group to move or attack elsewhere, as long as none of them are slowed they will suddenly "break" the slow effect and move at their normal speed. It's beause that Hussar you deselected is no longer a "member" of their control group, and they no longer match speed with it.

He explained why the ENTIRE group gets slowed when any of it's member gets hit in melee. Why a unit gets slowed when hit in melee is a different matter entirely.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames