Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Aztec's Fortress
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aztec's Fortress
Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 04:10 AM EDT (US)         
Is there any reason why I would want to be in fortress as aztecs?

I have been playing aztecs for a while, and recently started experementing with a FF. But I have foud little reason to continue, getting to fortress enables arrow, jaguar and eagle knights. Arrows are only usefull against art, so it doesnt seem worth it to FF for them, Jaguars tho useful can be adquired through big button, so it doesnt seems smart to FF for them, and lastly eagle knights, I still dont see why I would want to FF to get anti-cav, most colonial wars involve massive LI spams and I dont think eagles are a good reason to FF.

Now is there something Im missing? I mean maybe some card(s) that would make a Aztec FF worth it?, I have them 1k gold shipments + inporvements, but it doesnt seem logical to FF just to send them seeing how they just normal units (unlike the old merc spam)

Is there a reason to FF with aztecs?

AuthorReplies:
somme
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 07:51 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Eagle runners and better shipments.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 08:13 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Eagle runners are only cost-effectively beaten by two units: cetans and dragoons. I think dragoons may even be a close call.

Also, the native's vet. upgrades improve the unit by 25% and europeans' can only improve the unit by what, 10% or 20%? Granted they have the arsenal though...

Also aztecs can boom so fast out of 2 TCs you'll have double the eco of the opponent. Ship 3 WP then 2 WP as first 2 colonial cards, (have dance on XP whole game so far) then ship 600 coin for FF (and change dance to fertility). Age, and while aging have them dance for more WP, you should have ten of them just after reaching age 3. Then you can boom and spam.

Sure, you don't need to be in age 3, but it is worthwhile because 10 coyote shipment is good as well as eagle runner spams.

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~

[This message has been edited by F1RE_FLY (edited 12-15-2006 @ 08:14 AM).]

Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 10:57 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
hmmm eagle runners, I'll have to give them another shot, I was rather disapointed with them after vs a french who used curis and skirm combo, I massed eagle runners and coyotes.... tho I do admit late game curis are just nuts.

Quote:

Eagle runners and better shipments.

What are this better shipments? military? economic upgrades? any of them actually worth it to pull out a FF instead of a delayed fortress?

Canadian Eh
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 03:44 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
uuummmmm...just the the small things like havin more than 21 jags not having to use unupgraded macehaultins against a LI rush, being able to take out the aztecs biggest disadvantage the cannons. Also unless you are lvl 40 hc and unless you have the stealth coyote card it helps to have a small stealth party. Another thing tht helps support any army is a FU farm. The card agigation wayd can do this for free.

...Eh!

[This message has been edited by Canadian Eh (edited 12-15-2006 @ 03:45 PM).]

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 06:14 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
I wouldnt ff as aztec. I would rather do a small colonial boom with some defense. Really IMO the only reason to age would be for nobles hut, more tcs and vet upgrades.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
AOE_loraque
Skirmisher
posted 12-15-06 10:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Aztec have too much good stuff to do in colonial to have a FF be too appealing.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames