You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The only thing Ossian wants for Christmas (from ES)
Bottom
Topic Subject:The only thing Ossian wants for Christmas (from ES)
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 08:42 AM EDT (US)         
My own little wish list about some things, they have sorta been talked about in other places but I got some ideas that I think would be cool.

I wish that pikemen would get a 2-3+ base attack, it's highly unrealistic that they suck so bad when pikemen were really good at taking down infantry at least in the charge but I really think it's sad how a skirm can beat a pike in melee which brings me to the next wish.

Skirms, and all Light infantry (ranged inf whatever) loses it's X2 in melee, I don't think it's good how well these guys kill HI in melee when they aren't supposed to be good in close combat, also we all know we want them to get the 0.5x bonus, I really don't think these nerfs would make LI UP when if you think about it the LI is just OP, it's like the FF pre 1.08, every civ had FF so no one really got how OP it was to the other strats.

I'm not sure but if it is a little too mucch you can boost their RR by 10%.

Next one my list would help the good ol german dopple, the church tech that boosts speed shouldn't make dopples cost more and should make them get more speed boost then other units. this would boost german mid game and the LI nerf would help their age 2 a bit with uhlans vs LI.

Next is a little crazy joke wish but I thought it would be funny to bring up. They should make a Aztec card that lets you be able to delete your own units and get XP like I said, it would be funny.

Last on my wish list is to boost those poor ports, I think give them a special card that gives them 4 food in age 1 trickle why not? they are so Up they need anything.

This ends my list but as you can see I miss HI battles, I'm sick of those little pesky uncounterable skirms that make muskets useless, I want a army made of something like 2/3 muskets some cannons and a group of 10 skirms.

In real wars skirmishers never out numbered the musketeers (I believe)

So discuss/flame me whatever

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
AuthorReplies:
Krazy_Karl
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 08:47 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
heh, what about the biggest problem with the game atm?

LI are barely counterable until age 3.

im in ur base

steelin ur crates
zlad
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:04 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Think about the consequences of taking away LI melee bonus .

*It would boost longbows , as they have no bonus anyways .
*It would boost rodeleros(oh,great,that's exactly what we need... not)
*It would nerf cetans(that's a good thing , actully ..) , as they cannot hit & run and now cannot fight rodeleros and warclubs & shit off .

However , I am most concerned about rodeleros .

Now about good parts !
*It would give Germans and Ports a needed boost , becouse they have musketeers and muskets could fight off LI in melee
*Crossbow would .. atleast seem better , becouse it has no melee bonus anyways .

In conclusion , generally a good idea besides that rodelero boosting . Nerf those f#Īkers .

Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
@Karl

Huh? You didn't read my post all the way did you?

I said they would do only half damage to cav, and lose their X2 in melee..

So pike and muskets in melee would do alot more damage, and hussars would cream them so badly...

PS: yeah but the thing is... Rods beat pretty much anything in age 2 anyways, I had 20 skirms vs about 20 rods, he owned my skirms even though I hit and run and hid between buildings, it's not like the X2 in melee helped them.

The point of all this is how ES keeps stating that LI is supposed to die in close combat but it doesn't (except to rods) pikes, muskets, halbs and rods should be able to kill them evenly in melee, not lose.

For example muskets get a bayonet, skirms only have the butt of their rifle, yet the skirm does more damage to the musketeer, and a guy holding a giant pike can't beat a tiny rifle butt?

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 12-17-2006 @ 09:11 AM).]

gazza89
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:07 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
i disagree with most of your changes, if ES gave you this for christmas, you would be the only player on eso.
The problem with skirms is that they counter cav too well (well not skirms, skirms get pwned by hussars, but lets say cetans or prowlers) but skirms at least dont counter musks/halbs/rods that well until you have counter infantry rifling. I would be for boosting cav rather than nerfing skirms, boosting cav would giv your musks a use again. When i say boosting cav, i mean BOOSTING uhlans, kanyas and cossaks and boosting hussars. Cuirs, axe riders and lancers are fine.
somme
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:17 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Skirms already struggle enough with HI. Don't make it worse please. If you do that you need to give them 5 speed again, and that's not good for anyone

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Krazy_Karl
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 09:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 16       

Quote:

Huh? You didn't read my post all the way did you?

No, no I didn't. XD

im in ur base

steelin ur crates
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 02:01 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
I own HI with skirm. are you speaking about Rods and halbs? because those are problems, Muskets die pretty fast to skirm

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 08:03 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
I really don't feel that pikes need a boosted base attack, for their cost you can easily pump them and they absolutely pwn cav and have a pretty great siege.

I don't like infantry units should lose their melee bonus, only because if your attacking infantry with HI which should lose to infantry. Not to mention infantry aren't effective in melee attack because of ranged resistance, not melee (where as HI has melee resistance), and because HI tends to have a higher base attack.

Dopples suck because they are slow. If they were made to be faster, but weaker and cheaper, they would be more viable. It's only because of their cost and speed that massing them isn't easy to do until late game. On the other hand German players need to learn how to use pikes. I'm still shocked as to why most German players refuse to use them.

About the Aztec building XP thing ... No. Later game, can you even imagine the abuse? Your basically getting XP at ridiculous rates for the cost of wood. Combine deleting your own plantations with a fire pit on XP and some TP's on XP and you have yourself a new Spain

I agree Ports could use a boost.

As for HI battles .. honestly I just want a balanced game, I don't want to have to mass one type of unit and win. Talk about boring.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 07:30 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       

Quote:

I really don't feel that pikes need a boosted base attack, for their cost you can easily pump them and they absolutely pwn cav and have a pretty great siege.

For certain, I don't think this is necessary when you combine it with LI having no bonus in melee, either.

Quote:

About the Aztec building XP thing ... No. Later game, can you even imagine the abuse? Your basically getting XP at ridiculous rates for the cost of wood. Combine deleting your own plantations with a fire pit on XP and some TP's on XP and you have yourself a new Spain

I think he meant units, rather than buildings. I didn't expect to get a massive XP boost out of it, say Maces (7xp?) go to 12xp when you delete them. So, say 5 (200 food and 150 wood) for 60 xp. Just seems like something fun and with a little historical basis, rather than anything else.

Quote:

As for HI battles .. honestly I just want a balanced game, I don't want to have to mass one type of unit and win. Talk about boring.

Agreed, but HI are just... cool. Sure, Rods are annoying, but I'd be very happy to see Doppels usable. I'd like to see them a little bit more, but not to the extent they're lamed.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 07:36 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
But overall HI isn't weak currently. If anything it's the lack of cav and abuse of infantry in age 2. But look at these HI units, all often seen and pretty powerful:

Jans
Rods
Pikes
Muskets

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
Beatnik Joe
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 08:04 AM EDT (US)     11 / 16       

Quoted from Ossian:

Next is a little crazy joke wish but I thought it would be funny to bring up. They should make a Aztec card that lets you be able to delete your own units and get XP like I said, it would be funny.

LOL. Funny stuff! Now that is Aztec. And I think Ossian means units only, not buildings. Not sure everyone's catching the human sacrifice reference.

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
Earl Samsca
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 09:27 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Give all colonial cav a 1.3/1.5 bonus against LI, abstract LI etc.
Swirl
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 11:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Lol imagine how annoying the 'deleting your own units for xp' thing would be...

You go to get his cannons with your cav and they are likely to die...omg he deleted them.

Imagine some pro who could delete every unit that is about to die lol

Maybe if you could sacrifice them at a temple..not just delete, it would still be good for damaged units if you couldnt be bothered healing them.

If u played Stronghold u might enjoy this http://www.zshare.net/download/sh-mix-mix-rar.html
Makita
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 11:24 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Hmm...didn't know LI kept their bonus against HI in melee.
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 01:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       

Quote:

Maybe if you could sacrifice them at a temple..not just delete, it would still be good for damaged units if you couldnt be bothered healing them.

I like that idea, I know alot of people that wanted a aztec temple building, if you garrison any unit in it you get double kill XP for it and to make a bit more useful for it's cost it lets you research all the big buttons or something.

Alpedar
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 02:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
Would not be WIN button enough?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames