You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » necessary changes to make revolution a good option
Bottom
Topic Subject:necessary changes to make revolution a good option
Ferdinand Gwonch
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 05:34 PM EDT (US)         
what changes should be inserted to make the revolution be a good option?

currently it passes far away from being a nice option

i suggest the insertion of plundering for revolted civs players
the resource plundered from a building should vary according to the building (for example, houses should give wood; banks and plantations should give coin; farms, livestock pens, mills should give food; TCs, TPs, factories and forts should give all resources)

OWN GOAL
AuthorReplies:
Botolf
Royal Guard
posted 12-17-06 05:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Making the shipments bigger could be one option.

| Botolf the Crazed |
There's treasure everywhere!
Winner of the Kman Lame Puns Award
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 05:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Make colonel militia at least equal to a musk
Make gatling guns at least equal to organ guns*
Make ironclads at least equal to frigates.

All revolution just plain suck.

*okay gatlins are better then organs, but still they suck. Few days back i had an revolted opponent that targeted 4 gatlings on a group of imperial cannons. They all fired and i thought "wtf, they scratched the paint of my cannons". They got 150HP, imperial cannons got 720HP. Okay they arent supposed to counter imperial units, but they also lose from guard units. Revolting just sucks

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

brandnizzle
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 06:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
Since when do you ever have organs attack cannons?
Lord Tahattus
Supreme Emperor
posted 12-17-06 07:24 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
I'm trying to make revolution viable in my mod. I'm currently trying:

From 1000 each resouce, to 2500
Ironclad from 2000 hp to 4000hp, and instead of monitor blast, broadside attack.
Cards updated: from 2 IC to 3, from 16 CM to 20, 4 GG to 6.
CM now could gather resources from crates, and a new 600 each resource card.
CM is a reflect of the settler. French are stronger, while ottoman spawn CMs.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 12-17-06 08:13 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
I'd say make the militia as good as a guard musket, or cheaper than they are atm.

Boost ironclads, You ship 2 that are exactly the same as an un-upgraded frigate and can't be replaced nearly nearly nearly as quick.

Boost gatlings HP a tad, and maybe a little boost to damage.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 12-17-06 08:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 12       

Quote:

...while ottoman spawn CMs.

I don't even want to know what will be of Settler Wagons

Spawning CMs is too much, specially since you lose the disvantage aspect that spawning Settlers had. The point of spawning Settlers is that they come slower - in a Revolution, any other civ wouldn't train many CMs most of the time, since they'd have zero or almost no resources. That while Ottomans keep spawning those... Unless you make the train time incredibly high, this wouldn't be a good choice.

I don't like the gathering crates idea much neither. I'd prefer to see them boosted in combat, rather than give the ability to get resources somehow. If you're revolting, you don't want to gather resources.

2500 might be too much. Didn't you mean 1500? I mean, if you have 2500 of each, you might just upgrade your units to Guard/RG, supply a giant army or just wait a bit more and get to Imperial. You can't make Revolution better if no one will Revolt

Ironclad HP increase seems fine, but if so, then don't boost the Card. You'd be increasing the card up to 12000 HP from an orginal of 6000. Broadside combined with 4000 HP would easily take a FU Frigate (not including Imperial upgrades). You should also reduce the Ironclad Rev Politician to 2 instead of 3, since 3 would be pretty much unstopable. You could get 6000 HP machines with a few docks upgrades... I've managed to take a bunch of Outposts and TCs with 2-3 upgraded Frigates, and they had half of that HP each. 6 GG is definetly a good idea, but then CM coukld make use of a 24. If you're increasing the GG card by 50% and boosting Ironclads' HP by 100%, CM should also get +50% numbers.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 12-17-2006 @ 08:25 PM).]

Formless
Skirmisher
posted 12-17-06 08:48 PM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
Skirmishers and muskets should turn into riflemen. And militia shouldn't have pointy hats. Either that or take out ironclads and gatling guns to make it more accurate.

But for the main part, just make revolution units stronger. Give them a big mortar pulled by horses. Give them more ironclads, and more gatling guns. Plundering is a good idea. Also when you revolutionize maybe you could get some allies (Native or otherwise)

Lord Tahattus
Supreme Emperor
posted 12-17-06 08:50 PM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
It must be that expensive because you'll receive the "Revolutionary Guard" that I didn't comment here. Sorry.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
Matthew Sher
Skirmisher
(id: Imperiosus)
posted 12-17-06 10:17 PM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Don't worry, in Napoleonic Era we're redesigning revolution a bit to be more straightforward and strategically effective. I'll make sure of that. We have some ideas similar to Lord Tahattus', but we're still discussing the details.

We can't change your ESO gameplay obviously, but we do what we can.

ESO: Imperius
-Graphic and Unit designer of Napoleonic Era
-Creator of the Unit Upgrades Modpack
-Winner of the AOE3 Heaven Modding Competition
"Your units > ES's units" -- Cherub Walker
Age of Empires: Napoleonic Era - "Be afraid, Ensemble Studios. Be very afraid..."
TheRomans
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 00:30 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
Why an ottoman would revolt is beyond me, they have the best musketeer-type unit Jans and guard and imperial abus guns just own. It is totally not worth it to revolt as ottoman IMO.

+----------+
| PLEASE |
| DO NOT |
| FEED THE |
| TROLLS |
+----------+
Dieneces
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 07:16 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
I'm disappointed in Revolution. All the fuss and anticipation of it and it turns out shite.

Really now, why make an age 4+ unit the same as an age 3 one that's terrible to begin with - and it's only available by shipments. I think that's the start of it, at least.

"You cannot discover an inhabited land. Otherwise I could cross the Atlantic and 'discover' England."
- Dekhatkadons, Onondaga Iroquois chief.
zion_CDawg
Skirmisher
posted 12-18-06 01:50 PM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
I would only make one change. Give Revolted civs a boost in XP rate. This way, all shipments will come faster, overcoming the inherent weaknesses of having weaker units than your enemy. This is also more realistic. Revolutions tended to win using superior numbers, not superior technology.

I won't give a number though... it would need to be seriously tested out.

One big problem with Revolution is that some civs still keep their civ bonus, while others lose their civ bonus.
technically, they aren't their former civ anymore but still...
IE. Russians keep their block training, their blockhouses.
Dutch keep their banks. Spain keeps their shipment rate boost. Ports keep their extra TCs... and can still build more (if they have the wood). Germans keep slow shipment rate, but can still make SW with germantown...
Ottos lose free spawning villies, french lose CdB power, brits can't build manors,

Currently retired from AOE3... moved on to LOTRO... yeah an MMO... but a fun one!
Hockey fan for Life:
"I believe the Canucks of Vancouver are formidable warriors." -Teal'c, Stargate SG-1
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames