You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » I'm getting AOE3, what civ. should I use?
Bottom
Topic Subject:I'm getting AOE3, what civ. should I use?
MusketeerMike1
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 08:49 PM EDT (US)         
Hi, I'm getting AOE3 soon and I was wondering which would be the best civilization. From recent observations of various posts, I have come to the conclusion that Iroquois, Dutch, Spanish, and Ottoman are the best. But which is the very best? Which one requires hard work, and which one has the best economy( have a felling its the Dutch)? I used to play the demo versions like crazy as the Spanish, they were pretty good, and the Iroquois as well. But now that I'm getting it, I need a clear path. I'm putting my trust in you, so don't disappoint me.
AuthorReplies:
Realn
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 09:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
You should use the OtIroToDSpUtchAinQuois.

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now donít tell me The Legion Clan doesnít know whatís important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.
MusketeerMike1
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 09:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Wow, great advice, how do I go about morphing all of these civs.?
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-25-07 09:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Playing the best civ doesn't mean you will enjoy the game. Either way, since you're new to online play, I'd recommend either France or Spain. Although France isn't on the top, its a good civ to begin with... it can do most strategies well, has a very balanced army and a permanent economic bonus (better Settlers). Spain is another basic civilization, but arguably better (I say "arguably" because I haven't played in 1.02 yet).

Ottoman has a totally different style of play that will only mess with your skills... So I'd suggest trying them later. Dutch is relatively different too... For Iroquois, well, I'd tell you to first learn how European civilizations play, before learning how Natives do.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
MusketeerMike1
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 09:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Thank you for your advice. I will try out the French and see how they compare with the Spanish, although I think I will try out every civilization, and see what style of play works best for me.
Realn
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 10:09 PM EDT (US)     5 / 15       

Quote:

Wow, great advice, how do I go about morphing all of these civs.?

It takes skill.

The Legion Clan is the oldest international clan in the gaming community with a founding date of 1999. For years have we held on to our traditions, tournaments, and even play-styles. Basically what we always look for is bright minds, superior skills, and interesting personalities. We only invite people to be a part of our family that we can achieve something with. Now donít tell me The Legion Clan doesnít know whatís important. Join a clan with history, one you can trust, join L Clan.
MusketeerMike1
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 11:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
LOL, and nothing more.
Lord Tahattus
Supreme Emperor
posted 01-25-07 11:28 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Not another thread like this... we already got this one, this one, this one and this one, without counting the ones that escaped the "search" function.

Lord Tahattus - Register yourselves at the WotTA forum!
WOTTA WEBSITE!
War of the Triple Alliance Beta!
Flags for new Civilizations, The Asian Dynasties, Knights and Barbarians and Napoleonic Era
TWC Tutorials: Basics of Modding - The List of Modding No-nos - Adding a Nation - Music and Sounds - Initilization Failed

WotTA back to active!
MusketeerMike1
Skirmisher
posted 01-25-07 11:44 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
If you're tired threads like this one, then why did you take the time to post all of the earlier ones?
kingcraigj
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 08:36 AM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
i like playing the british, maybe because im from there and love the history behind the british empires, but they seem to be a fun balanced team to play, its all about personal prefrence.
empireVeljanoski
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 09:12 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
most of the time i play as aztecs or british, but when i first started playing i was always using the brits because they have a good eco, manors get you a settler for free when you build one and also because they have good armies to start off with when ur a begginer.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-26-07 10:21 AM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
I'd really advice not start with British. I don't really know the reason, but seems to be a common sense between forumers. I guess they're really hard to play at low levels

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 12:34 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       

Quote:

You should use the OtIroToDSpUtchAinQuois.

More like the OtIroToDSpUtchAinQuois

Quote:

If you're tired threads like this one, then why did you take the time to post all of the earlier ones?

Lol agree completely

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)

[This message has been edited by KingSteve3721 (edited 01-27-2007 @ 12:34 PM).]

James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 02:47 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Walker, I started with Britain, it damaged my win % but I learnt a lot from playing them first. I really reccomend not playing ottoman as your first civ. You will get too into the habbit of not training villagers.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
crazykid
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 02:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
yeah you might want to try out Spanish first. they're really fun and they are fast so you can learn a lot from them first.

@ KingSteve: why dont we just call your civ "the ottos"?

RedStripe
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 10:42 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
To be very good you need to play all civs so that you have a fluent understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.

If I have to chose, I would recommend ottoman. But that's because after 1500 games my win % is 10% higher as otto than any other civ.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames