You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.31 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Ossians Revolution idea.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ossians Revolution idea.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)         
Ok we all know that rev is really UP and the only thing it's good for is if you already won and want to win faster, in that case why not get trade monopoly and win without blood?

So this is my balance idea to improve the flaws of revolution.

• First off the back bone of any revolution force, the Colonial militia, they really are good... when you get them free from the villagers, besides that 100 food for this unit is really too much to ask for a player without a econ anymore (unless he has boats but thats a different matter) I think lowering their cost by 25-35% isn't too much to ask.

• 2nd is the shipments, I really don't see a problem with these shipments considering they give 16 troops 4 cannons (though weak they really kill buildings/units IMO a lot better then a organ contrary to what other people say)

the problem I have is the simple fact after you revolt that your shipments are sooooo slow, I think your shipment XP needed should be halved, you have to kill a whole army and then some to get a shipment at this point assuming it's late IV and you already tried your best to get your factories.

• The final point on hand I think is once you revolt you can't build anything, for some civs I think battlefield construction works with CM? (I have no proof of this I'm just assuming) once you revolt you sure as heck know they will be coming for your rax and TC and once they do your dead in the water and might as well quit because all that stocked food is worthless.
    To counter this problem I believe you should be able to build CM from your houses I mean why not? are militia just villagers with guns anyways?

Ok I do realize that putting all these changes in could be too much of a boost but I think they all are good ideas, maybe make the shipments come in 1/3 faster I dunno.

Discuss.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
    Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
    Contact your network admin for more details
    about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
  • AuthorReplies:
    Ossian
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-28-07 00:33 AM EDT (US)     26 / 31       

Quote:

ES has got bigger things to worry about than boosting gay ragnarok type strats.

Well they normally don't do what they should be doing so oh well

Another idea I thought of is have a 2 minute spawn on all your housed to give you CM, so every 2 minutes you get 20 more troops which would be really awesome.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
    Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
    Contact your network admin for more details
    about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer

[This message has been edited by Ossian (edited 01-28-2007 @ 00:35 AM).]

Alpedar
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-28-07 03:17 PM EDT (US)     27 / 31       
    Gatling and ironclads were realy strong inventions, but they were NOT invented by any revolutionary. When they were invented, american revolution was long time finished and they had well established state. Relatively new, but established.

And becose imperial costs more, it can be considered later than rev. But after gatlings and ironclads there were maxim, aircrafts and battleships.

DrWho42
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-28-07 04:29 PM EDT (US)     28 / 31       
    The previous post is correct that gatling guns and ironclads have no immediate connection to a colonial revolution historically. It is a real challenge to think historically when dealing with this game in which the designers primary goal was to create something fun that would sell well.

The general idea with the ages in AOE3 is that by investing rescources a nation would be able to unlock new economic and military improvements, as well as new military units. The problem with the revolution age is that the units it unlocks; CM, Gatlings, Ironclads, are not "special" enough to make it worthwhile. In almost all cases, aging to Industrial offers much better units and upgrades for the cost than Revolution.

The theme of this thread is ideas to make the revolution age a more viable options for players. I only advocate making the gatling gun and ironclad stronger units.

kingcraigj
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-30-07 01:30 PM EDT (US)     29 / 31       
    ok maybe i didnt explain myself enough hehe, well why would a small settlement stop being able to build things? if anythin if they revolted they would be building more! its a stupid idea and should looked at again.

and no i dont no much about the colonization, anyone want to enlighten me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonization_of_the_Americas

and yes ive already read alot about it.

my american history isnt very good, just like i bet most american's european history isnt very good.

[This message has been edited by kingcraigj (edited 01-30-2007 @ 02:00 PM).]

hellofromireland
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-30-07 03:15 PM EDT (US)     30 / 31       
    Heh
    Before TWC, klamath could have been a type of food and Zapotec could have been a language lol.

But I'm guessing that the O'Neil clan wouldn't mean much to most Ameicans.

I'm actually from N.Ireland
    dr nefarious
    Skirmisher
    posted 01-31-07 02:48 AM EDT (US)     31 / 31       
    What if the militia were still able to build things or gather resources, but at a reduced rate - say, all rates cut in half or something? I feel that this way the revolution feature would become much more flexible, useable both offensively and defensively. Might be too powerful this way though, you'd have to think of a way to properly balance it.
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames