You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » The future of AOE??
Bottom
Topic Subject:The future of AOE??
jimbob_gabcd86
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 04:33 PM EDT (US)         
Does anyone here think that in AOE4 we will see more realistic application of LOS?? It would be really nice to be able to kill a scout before he gets back to base, thus stopping the enemy knowing where you are. Another thing that would be nice is some sort of ambush mechanism - hiding cannons in forests, for example.
I have only really played ES games and Empire at War, cos my computer is too pathetic to play Company of Heroes ( ), so i dont know if the competition does this, but it just seems like an easy progression to have.
Any thoughts?
AuthorReplies:
zion_CDawg
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 04:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
Rise Of Nations incorporated a lot of that already into their general powers

Currently retired from AOE3... moved on to LOTRO... yeah an MMO... but a fun one!
Hockey fan for Life:
"I believe the Canucks of Vancouver are formidable warriors." -Teal'c, Stargate SG-1
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 04:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Killing a scout before it reports back to his base, so your opponent doesnt know what the scout saw, is impossible in a RTS, real time strategy, only possible in a TBS, turn based strategy.

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 01-26-07 06:32 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
Impossible? No
Unlikely to be implemented? Yes

It would be easy, just give the unit a 0 LoS and everywhere his LoS would've seen had he any would be revealed upon returning home to the TC/HQ.

Would just have to give him his movements with shiftlcick, or have an AI after stopping and x seconds of no movement, he returns home in a straight line.

Well I don't know how easy that would be because I'm not a programmer but that should work.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 01-26-2007 @ 06:32 PM).]

Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 01-26-07 06:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
For regular units, make it so that they can see ahead of them for a farther distance, on the sides, a little less, and in the back, barely anything. Then when they turn, the LOS changes accordingly. That would allow ambushing, making the game a bit more interesting.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
N_E_Patriots
Skirmisher
posted 01-26-07 10:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
Company of heroes pretty much destroyed all opposition for WWII WTS. So Ages will probably do a remake of ages 1 or do a futuristic one.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
I smell.
aka99
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 00:05 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Id rather they do a remake of 1 or 2 than go into WW's
Ossian
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 00:38 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
AoK remake plain and simple.

*WINDOWS CRITICAL ERROR 19891126*
Product ID: Ossian Discontinued
Contact your network admin for more details
about this special edition of player...

Allthough cetans are darker, did you know that if you read the word 'cetan' as a dutch word, that you get the same sound as when reading 'satan' in english.-Furby Killer
crazykid
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 02:15 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Ossian, what don't you think they covered in AoK ? I thought they did pretty good with the history campaigns and also the civs that they put in the game. I think AoE 1 would be an awesome remake because of the timeline and civs that you could use. Add many more units (im currently playing aoe1 campaigns before I scrap the game for good and their is only a handful of units).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames