You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies, Closed
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » What to do about cheaters?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What to do about cheaters?
DthStlkr13
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 07:55 PM EDT (US)         
I gotta say... it seems to be MUCH more frequent that you get people rushing in a no rush game.

I mean, you setup a game... state the rules... and you start building your colony accordingly.

Today, I had two games where people started attacking before the nr was up. The last game, the guy attacked 10 minutes early and destroyed my town center. Heck, my army wasn't even ready at that point!

There should be some sort of penalty against players like that. People who cheat absolutely RUIN the game!

For those interested, the cheater was [Name edited out]

Needless to say, he thought it was absolutely hilarious. I found it completely distasteful.

*thumbs down*

[This message has been edited by Just a player (edited 01-27-2007 @ 10:31 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
theboywonder916
Skirmisher
posted 01-27-07 07:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
your not going to get a lot of support here in this forum because no one here admits to playing no rush games. They all make fun of no rush. I say just use the treaty setting, then thay cant rush until the time is up.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 01-27-07 08:14 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
1 - Rushing in "No-Rush", although its bad sportmanship, is not officially cheating. That because they've broken user rules, not ESO ones. The best option is pesting these players.

2 - I doubt you'd get many support, because besides what I just said, ES has created a Treaty mode to avoid it on TWC.

3 - You can email ES at age3.abuse@ensemblestudios.com about the issue with all proves you can get (such as screenshots). Although this is not cheating, as far as I know it can be considered something between the "annoying players online" line. Its also very hard to proof someone actually rushed you on a NR match, but its the closest you can to make them suffer some kind of penalty.

4 - We'd like to avoid cheating accusations (or rushing in NR, for that matter) in the forums.

Look, I really can't see this thread going forward. Either it will turn into a massive rant with a lot of people getting flamed or into a spam thread. That or anti-NR players might come to flame you, and I don't really like any of these options. To avoid any of them from happening, I'm closing this thread.

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames