You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.37 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Iroc vs Coyote runners- what counters them?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Iroc vs Coyote runners- what counters them?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
theboywonder916
Skirmisher
posted 01-28-07 02:42 PM EDT (US)         
I just played an aztec and im not too bad with iroquoise by any means, but it seems no matter what i built, coyote runners cost effectively beat them. prowlers do pretty good, but they only get off one volley before the coyote runners are in melee range, and own the prowlers. when doing some serious microing i can go 40 coyote vs 40 prowlers and have 10 left over. add mantlets and cav and they get owned, add cannons and they dont help much because again the coyotes are so fast, the cannons get off one shot and the coyotes can run around my prowlers and melee the cannons before they get another shot off. What do i do? it seems like i cant build anything that will counter them.
AuthorReplies:
KingsRansom
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 06:43 PM EDT (US)     26 / 37       
I have but 1 question how do u get iroc out of Iroquois? =p
its pronounced E-ro-kwa

"Obstacles do not exist to be surrendered to, but only to be broken." - Adolf Hitler

Proud citizen of Sovietcanuckistan.

~92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.~

[This message has been edited by KingsRansom (edited 01-29-2007 @ 06:45 PM).]

donkee
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 06:54 PM EDT (US)     27 / 37       
I have always heard it as ear-oh-coy.

If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 01-29-07 06:56 PM EDT (US)     28 / 37       

Quote:

I suggest you stop playing the lamest civilization

Don't you play Otto?

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan

[This message has been edited by LordKivlov (edited 01-29-2007 @ 06:57 PM).]

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 09:17 PM EDT (US)     29 / 37       
Ottos aren't OP ... they are easily 4th or 5th on the "OP" list, behind the main 3 OP civs and France late game.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 01-29-07 09:22 PM EDT (US)     30 / 37       
Never said they were OP, I "implied" that they were lame.

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Ranger General
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 09:30 PM EDT (US)     31 / 37       

Quote:

We all know that I hate OP civs, so of course I think people who play them need an excuse. If all you do is FF for prowlers and mantlets then what's the point?

Then did you have a excuse of using your "OP" human intelligence against all those "not so intelligent" animals&plants? Just because they lack similiar abilities?

If using Iro/Dutch is considered "lame" in the world of AOE3, then being a human is "lame" on planet Earth.

The agrument about lameness is just plain stupid, consider the fact that all human should know that this universe obeys one single rule ------"survival of the fittest".

If you are not the strongest bological entity(human)/scivilization(Iro/Dutch)(OP), you don't win as much, when you are very weak(german/mouse)you need to "hide" in order to exist, cause whenever you fight, you lose.

If Darwin's theory of evolution justifies anything, it justifies the legitmancy of "laming".

Ulti's word of wisdom :

since the start of aoe3, every unit that can move has been a direct counter to grenadiers, even villagers(since they have bonuses against siege troops)

F1RE_FLY
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 10:13 PM EDT (US)     32 / 37       

Quote:

Then did you have a excuse of using your "OP" human intelligence against all those "not so intelligent" animals&plants? Just because they lack similiar abilities?

If using Iro/Dutch is considered "lame" in the world of AOE3, then being a human is "lame" on planet Earth.

The agrument about lameness is just plain stupid, consider the fact that all human should know that this universe obeys one single rule ------"survival of the fittest".

If you are not the strongest bological entity(human)/scivilization(Iro/Dutch)(OP), you don't win as much, when you are very weak(german/mouse)you need to "hide" in order to exist, cause whenever you fight, you lose.

If Darwin's theory of evolution justifies anything, it justifies the legitmancy of "laming".

WOW. Once again you manage to amaze me, ranger, with your nonsensical arguments. That has nothing to do with... anything we are talking about.

By the way, I don't believe Darwin's theory.

Quote:

Don't you play Otto?

No. I haven't played otto in over a year. I play aztecs/russians. In AoE3 I played dutch/russian. Where did you get that idea?

~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
ESO: F1R╔_FLП
~иииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииииии~
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 10:17 PM EDT (US)     33 / 37       
That was a bit farfetched RG .. and the main reason why Darwin's theory doesn't apply here is because this game is for FUN. If we all played the SAME civ then this game would not be FUN.

[This message has been edited by Brtnboarder495 (edited 01-29-2007 @ 10:17 PM).]

Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 01-29-07 10:34 PM EDT (US)     34 / 37       
ranged general darwins theory and AOE3 its not the same, for only ONE reason.
i dont chose to be human, i have just born like this, i cant become a mouse cause i think "human is OP,ill beacome a mouse".
in AOE3 you can simply go to play russian instead of iroquis, but in real life no.
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-30-07 03:04 AM EDT (US)     35 / 37       

Quote:

"loose" isn't how you spell "lose" Sjonnie. And since you misused it twice I think you actually don't know how to spell that 4 letter word...

Well, if that's the first thing you see that is wrong with my post, I seem to be pretty right

And if you point out grammar mistakes like this, you would have pointed out more if there were any, but since they weren't, my grammar is pretty good for a non-native speaker

Quote:

We all know that I hate OP civs, so of course I think people who play them need an excuse.

How is how you think of it an argument to support how you think of it?

Well, to me "I just like the civ" is good enough for an excuse.

Quote:

If all you do is FF for prowlers and mantlets then what's the point?

I agree with you that that's quite annoying. However, a lot of Ottoman players only go Jan+Abus rush. Yet Ottos aren't OP. Ports ff or water boom, but they aren't OP either. than what's the point of playing those civs?

Quote:

Actually I don't think there IS an excuse for laming a civ. That person just likes to win too much.

Who doesn't like to win? btw, when is playing a civ "laming a civ"? When it is OP? When you only use the OP strat? If the latter is true, I am not laming, so I wouldn't need an excuse at all.

Quote:

I doubt that Sjonnie does that as often as other iroquois players, but still, the civ is rediculously easy to use (as you admit) yet you still use it.

Because, even it was much weaker then now, it is still a fun civ. I hate that it is OP too, because now I have to give an excuse for using them, and I don't like to win because of the civ I choose.

Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 01-30-07 07:35 AM EDT (US)     36 / 37       

Quote:

I agree with you that that's quite annoying. However, a lot of Ottoman players only go Jan+Abus rush. Yet Ottos aren't OP. Ports ff or water boom, but they aren't OP either. than what's the point of playing those civs?

My oh my then your playing some boring and stupid Otto players, I sure how they aren't jan+abus rushing against a Russian player, or Dutch one.

That's certainly not true, for example against a brit player abus aren't even needed, and against Russia you will want to FF for spahi+2 falcs, or on texas a FI.

Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 01-30-07 10:15 AM EDT (US)     37 / 37       
Of course not everyone does it (like not all Iroquois ff) but a lot of them do.

And I rarely play British or Russian so of course I don't know what the Ottomans do against them.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames