Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Newblets
Bottom
Topic Subject:Newblets
CeRbY
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)         
Do you guys still come across a lot of noobs whilst playing?

I think these days most players have improved and there are less noobs playing the game.

Or maybe i have gotten so good that i dont encounter them as much

i miss the noobs who say dumb things like 'Hey u ****ing cheater, turn ur spyglass off' or 'OMG u noob i said no rush 10!'

These days after you own someone, all they come up with is 'you noob lamer' or 'cant u make any othe runits u fag' or 'how OP is that?'

Do you guys miss the noobs and the fun times you had?

Discuss

AuthorReplies:
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 06:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Yeah, they just go a higher rank, but they stay noobisch, and they always manage to surprise me, chronologically:

tell a 1st lieut where to build his fb, his reaction is that he sends settler to build it, too bad he send his settler to the enemies fb

a captain is mining close to his TC, cav comes, i flare. Cav reaches him, i am still flaring, 80% of settler dead (arround 30 secs after first flare), he tries to garisson. He lost arround 13 settler there. (in colonial, and he was otto, guess which team won). For some reason people dont see it if you flare 20 times to tell them they are about to lose their settler

Another captain this time, (was today), when he had 4 lbows, i had 10 hussars, more being made and 3 hussar shipment coming. Maybe brittish arent great, but that was really bad. Too bad he stayed playing that sucky.
I promise i will never say again that pr is accurate, i checked his team elorating, it was below 1400. How did he get to captain :\

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 06:15 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Sorry, this isnt agesanctuary.

It's not noob to complain about something being OP.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 03-14-07 06:24 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       

Quote:

'you noob lamer' or 'cant u make any othe runits u fag' or 'how OP is that?'

I wouldn't call that noob as it in itself is noob to lame a single unit, however effective it is, its still lame and isnt noob to call someone on it.

And no I never had problems with people going OMG U NOOB I SAID NO RUSH 10! because I was around that skill level back then, and I followed the rules just like my opponent, I didn't noob bash cause really, there wasnt any noobs to bash but people my skill!

So your comment makes me wonder who you used to play and whether I should just call you a noob... hmmmm

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 03-14-07 06:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
I'm still a noob, I only just made an online account and have only played one game. I won't be playing another until I get a better gfx card

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 06:36 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
I think that kinda stopped once ES introduced a rating system and made QS based on rate. I think the noobs like that still exist, it's just that ES has improved eso so we don't come across them.
John_Galt_750
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 06:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
My favorite is when they ask your advice then don't listen.

I got into a post-game arguement yesterday about Eagles. When he asked, I gave him the usuall countering tips "Heavy Cannons and ranged inf".

The other player just got angry and was vehement that cassas/skirms don't get a bonus vs ERKs. The guy was doing the all caps "LOOK IT UP YOU NO SKILL NOOOOB". He is a TWC major I couldn't help but laugh.

jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 07:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Yes, there are still "noobs" around, if by noob you mean they don't know the game in-and-out.

For instance, I've used stealth mode for tash on Majors and they didn't know wtf was happening because they've never seen stealth.

But to call them "noobs" would be going to far. They just don't know the whole game inside and out.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 03-14-07 11:21 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
A few days ago I came across someone who was really stupid and mad all the time. We were playing cats and mice (lol) and, after telling me not to make spies because they were stupid, proceeded to make spies. I played him later as cat and after I killed him he started complaining about using opris and that it was fair he used spies because I was russian. When we were starting the game he kciked everyone who didn't cllick ready by 5 seconds when we had everyone in. Gahh...
I'll stop there.
Arvedui
Messiah of Fail
(id: ashwin13)
posted 03-14-07 11:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
I was about to play some guy once and I asked him to wait for one second and I'll press "Ready", he started cursing me and saying I'm getting cheat sheet and stuff and he booted me out when I was just drinking some water. Later, i started my own game and he recognized it was me when he was about to join and started cursing and saying that he can't boot me out and saying that ES is twisted, lol. And by the definition given by jaafit, I'm NOT a noob.

"Arvy is randomly full of win." - Skarr
|
"I don't watch cartoons, those are for third class people." - Arvy
"Yeah, children, those third class people." - Sails
And because I bet Blatant he wouldn't be orange in two days and lost... HEIL BLATANT!
LordKivlov
Royal Guard
posted 03-15-07 00:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
I've had someone go "wtf were those horses, you're cheating!" when I sprung my 18 tashunkes on his skirms and murdered them all and stealthed off after.

Noob basically just means bad.
Newb basically just means new.

So what to call someone that hasn't seen everything in the game? Hmmmm

Deprived maybe? Ignorant.... hmmm

Proud Citizen of Sovietcanuckistan
CeRbY
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 10:09 AM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
I remember 1 time i got some noob on quicksearch so i just did an otto fi, and had like 12 spahi, and raided a few vils, so he starts making anti cav, he has like 15 regular pikes, a couple dragoons, and about 10 musk, so i just go and kill them with my spahi and he is liek 'You ****ing noob, i make antcavs and u own me stupid map hacker!!'
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 03-15-07 11:29 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
It still makes me smile when I encounter and beat an Ottoman on Carolina with outlaws who replies with "u cheater".
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 03-15-07 11:37 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Same as Ashwin13.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-15-07 12:26 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
Had a team game with my buddy (Russian) and me (French) vs their Ottos and Brits...the Brit guy was Mast Sgt but had a win % of 28%, how do you stay one rank for so long at that win rate? anyway, after their rush failed and they kept making almost all jans/abus and lbows, I got to fortress and cranked out a huge number of cuirassiers which I loaded in a frigate and landed on their shore and backdoored them entirely. The brit guy's ending comment "wow those horses are OP"

A 3v3 on great plains with two noobs. I was ottos, was trying to get the nearest tp which was by a Dutch ally's base. i sent my explorer over to build, he flashes the TP site and says "mine" and proceeds to call me all sorts of cheaters...he misses his age up by almost 2 minutes as he argues with me about the tp. Naturally, we lose. This has also happened when I took a tp that went unbuilt until someone was almost at fortress, or over larger treasures. WTF you're gonna lose us a game because of 120 wood...

I just loooove the random teammates who announce in the first 10 seconds of a game, "im going to be awhile aging up im slow" or "you rush i ff" but they are playing Spanish or British. Or the guy who is 1 rank above you but during the first 10 minutes of the game you barely even see them make 10 strelets while you're getting rushed hard.

Worst teammate I ever had was a Dutch sgt in a game that ended up going long. Their rush failed, he did okay at the beginning, but as soon as I hit fortress I looked over to see what he was doing an noticed he only had 1 bank. I told him to make more banks, he made a couple more. shortly after, we got attacked again and all he ever made before we lost was his 6 age-up halbs and about 10 skirms. He never built a stable, no cannon, nothing. "I only play no-rush games" he said afterwards.

You know you're in trouble when a random teammate says "what should I do now I have 20 vills" and it's 6 minutes into the game and they're still in age 1...

Gearai
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 12:33 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
I come to see that I will get my backside kicked soooo bad if/when I start playing online. call it noob, I'm just in it for the fun, I don't like to sacrifice my men, call it noob, I'm just in it for the fun. I try obscure stratigies, call me noob, I'm just in it for the fun. I like to build up and then have a war with what I've built, call me noob, I'm just in it for the fun. You know what? I'll bet you are too, in it for the fun.

A dog who chases his own tail, Knows not what is biteing him.

[This message has been edited by Gearai (edited 03-15-2007 @ 12:56 PM).]

As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-15-07 12:36 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
There's nothing wrong with prefering a style of play, but if you know you like big finish battles and long games, and JOIN A RUSH GAME ANYWAY and DON'T CHANGE YOUR STRAGEGY, you're a noob.
Angel Walker
Skirmisher
(id: Just a player)
posted 03-15-07 12:38 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
I never call anyone noob (at least I try to...) But I remember a long time ago, in a team game... I don't know why I was playing or who were in my team, but I know wew were winning. I remember when we arrived at the last enemy player's base (a British) and it should be over 10 minutes of game... He had half dozen Settlers collecting wood. He hadn't even collected his starting crates... all he made was a single Dock.

Only problem is that the map was Pampas

ESO - Walker

>> Napoleonic Era --> Visit their Homepage!
"Holy *****" > Thunder (Ensemble Studios)

Retired from AoE3. But I do play AoK HD in Steam now and then.
XploSionS
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 12:47 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
lol i only ever insult people when they deserve it but usualy if i beat someone and theyre like "OMG u noob all you did was spamm xbows and pikes for the first 10 minutes and then lame with skirmishers (lol)" i just leave the game and after ask tem for a rematch and half the time they say no and the other time i win again...

only once have i realy deserved to be called a noob and that was when i lost to a sergant... and im a captain hehheh i dunno what happened that game but i just forgot to use my recources and i mean he realy sucked... he rushed at 9 mins with 20 strells and 20 musks and i barely managed to repel that and then he went to fort and won with 3 falcs and 15 musks

eso name: _XploSionS__

===quit due to the many many whinge and whine topics===
CeRbY
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 02:34 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
noob

nooby

newblet

newb

shitnewb

shitnewbie

shitnewblet

nub

nublet

shitnublet

shitnuble

nubcake

nubpancake

shitnubpancake

shitnub lamer

ive bin called each of these at least once

Gastraphete
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 06:54 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
Back in the good old days I used to get flamed by my teamates all the time because they said i was a n00b because my score was lower. I then had to waste 3 minutes explaining to them that Russia starts with less villagers, and thus has a lower score, but eventually it builds up. I was really annoyed at the ones that quit prematurely.
As_Saffah
Scenario Reviewer
posted 03-16-07 01:15 PM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
Oh yeah and the nubsauce in last night's 2v2 who said "we loose lol [sic]" when our rush failed and quit just as I hit the fortress age-up button. That's the 4th one in as many days to roll over and piss himself when the rush failed. WTF? Ever hear of a comeback? contingency planning?

Most hilarious noobl0r moment ever was several months ago I was playing Hispaniola and built a tower by my FB. Noticed a 4-gator treasure nearby and thought "mise well go for it" so went to go collect it and used the tower to shoot at gators. Gators attacked tower and utterly destroyed it. LOOOOOOLS

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames