You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Trouble on ESO?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trouble on ESO?
kilmaim
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 01:41 AM EDT (US)         
Anyone experience the "Failed to connect to ESO servers" popup when trying to authenticate to the game servers?
AuthorReplies:
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 01:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
No, but last night I did notice Ender Ward kept on starting games, getting disconnected then starting more games and getting disconnected. :S

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
TOO_Saruman
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 05:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Really? I can get on fine. .

ESO: empirejoao3
Clan:Proud
"You know the world is going crazy when the best golfer in the world is black, the best rapper is white, and the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese" LOL!!!
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 05:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       

Quoted from James Lock:

No, but last night I did notice Ender Ward kept on starting games, getting disconnected then starting more games and getting disconnected. :S

It's not disconnects. It's games going out of sync right away.

If I remove my router from the equation (plugging the cable modem directly into my main PC), the games will last for a while before going out of sync. But without fail, every single one will go OOS eventually.

Since I haven't found a solution to the problem after weeks of trying, I've learned to live with it and try to make games end quickly when I can play without the router, and not play at all with it (no point, games last seconds).

Welcome to my world. And the reason why I'll probably have to give up on AoE3 soon out of sheer frustration.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Beatnik Joe
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 05:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

If I remove my router from the equation (plugging the cable modem directly into my main PC), the games will last for a while before going out of sync. But without fail, every single one will go OOS eventually.

What the heck! Have you posted about this problem on AgeCommunity \ Tech Help here? This sounds insane. I posted about a problem I had on Age Community and some ES staff members tried to help me out.

I assume you've reinstalled at some point? This really doesn't sound normal (or explainable.)

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 06:06 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Yes, Joe, I have reinstalled multiple times, and tried dozens of other suggested solutions and ideas.

I've posted at Age Sanctuary's tech help forum weeks ago, but none of the solutions offered there helped.

I haven't bothered posting at age community since a search on the subject (another guy's games all kept going OOS as well) revealed completely rudimentary and entirely unhelpful advice that's already been tried as one of the first steps.

No worries, though, Joe. I've needed a reason to move on to another game, and this might just finally be it, assuming my last ditch effort doesn't work. That being a complete reformat of the system partition and reinstall from scratch. A painful experience I've been putting off (I hate reformats, so I normally just clone my existing system to a new drive, but in this case that's not what I need). But will have to do one of these weekends.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
Sens_fan
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 06:10 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Oh I didn't know a router could affect alot. I recently bought a router to get wireless internet up and I have been having alot of "failed to join" game messages. I didn't even associate it to gettign a router. Is there anything I can do about it without always un plugging my router and connecting directly to my modem?
Beatnik Joe
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:17 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quoted from Ender_Ward:

That being a complete reformat of the system partition and reinstall from scratch.

Major surgery, but I think it may just be what you need to do. Now, having said that, I will assume you are not using a network that might have strange packet filtering going on that is out of your control. This sidelined me for about 3 weeks back in the BWKiC era and I was pretty much in total despair. It turned out that the university had a bad packet filter set up that was chomping on my traffic. They fixed it and I was good to go once again.

Since you've removed the router from the equation, sounds like you have thought of all the main stuff. Good luck on the system wipe, never an easy experience!

Strategies:
- BWKiC - A British Fast Fortress strategy
- The Aztec Scout Slam- An Envoy Rush, Native-Style
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames