You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Villager spawn/train rates?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Villager spawn/train rates?
ualdriver
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 02:02 PM EDT (US)         
Hi-

I did a search on the above topic and nothing came up, so if it's been discussed before, please send me a link!

Anyway, I know it specifically says that the British have a high villager creation rate from the town center. I recently played against a Sioux player and he seemed to create villagers faster than I did, even when I was constantly creating villagers at the town center.

Question: Is there a ranked list somewhere of all the civs that show which create villagers at the fastest rate from the town center and which create at the slowest rate?

Thanks!

AuthorReplies:
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 03-15-07 02:21 PM EDT (US)     1 / 12       
Normally civs get villagers/settlers at a 25s rate.

Russia has 55s for 3 vills (one batch), Ottomans take longer but use no resources.

Sioux, Aztec and Iroquois have a fertility dance which increases the creation speed of all units, including villagers.

After British send Estates, all villagers take twice as long to train. They can now train them from houses too, though.

Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 03-15-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 12       
Can the British train settlers after they revolt from their houses? Ive always wondered that.
Medio
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 02:29 PM EDT (US)     3 / 12       
They can't.
ualdriver
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 02:46 PM EDT (US)     4 / 12       
So as far as an "unadjusted" default spawn rate, I guess the British are the fastest then? I assumed that all civ's spawned at different rates to make up for different advantages/shortfalls. It says in the original AOE3 foldout that the British have "fast spawning settlers to create a strong economy."
Medio
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 02:48 PM EDT (US)     5 / 12       
Their TC spawns vills at the same rate as others, but they also instant-spawn a vill from each house.
Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 02:42 AM EDT (US)     6 / 12       
Download my guide (see signature). It has everything you are asking and much more.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
MusketKing
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 03:40 AM EDT (US)     7 / 12       
the sioux will have spawned faster because he was most likely doing fertility dance
which is preety dam rapid with 25 vills ^^

"The better at AoE, the worse at RL" - Doppel
After someone suggesting to make a meatshield to fight off petards..."Where can I find this meatshield? Is it in the TC?" - Sjalle

"That last comment has earned you a ban Musk" - Solus
On realising I was on a 2nd account:"Quinarvy ehhh" - Solus

RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR - VERY GG
Mine and Micky's OPness
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 09:44 AM EDT (US)     8 / 12       
But any other native civ can use that dance too ...

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 11:11 AM EDT (US)     9 / 12       
Could someone post the training times after sending the medicine card? (For Russia and other european civs)

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
Basilis
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 11:24 AM EDT (US)     10 / 12       
it's bugged and it's -4 seconds on all civilazations' settlers
Da_V_Man
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-07 00:36 AM EDT (US)     11 / 12       
The Estates card is useful if you have the food, am I right? Because you can train 20 settlers with 20 houses faster than 3 tcs, or 23 settlers a time!

Some people did expect the Spannish Inquisition, the writers. Other than the writers. Otherwise, NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANNISH INQUISITION!!! Well, there is the Queen, and the people carrying it out. Ugh...
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-07 09:42 AM EDT (US)     12 / 12       
It is useful if you fast industrial. It's usefulness goes away often if you get to industrial late and already have 99 settlers.

Against civs like Russia and France, it may just save your life from all that raiding. (Still a tough fight though)

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames