Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 05:45 PM EDT (US)         
Toughts on this map:

-nomad start
-6 pilgrim start
-big crate start
-similar to new england map

when your towncenter is finished, you recieve the normal 6 villagers + crates

This map is an ottoman wonder! many villager start, and enough crates to age up almost inmediately

to play on this map you definitely have to change your playing strat
any coments on tha map?

ESO: Garlock
AuthorReplies:
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
It better not be on standard map rotation...

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
Sens_fan
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
I think I read something in the 1.03 patchnotes that said it was now included in the standard maps.
jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
It is now in the list of stock maps but that doesn't mean it will show up in quicksearch.

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:23 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
It's a rated map but not a standard map. Basically, you can group it in with the likes of Carribean which are rated maps but not in the standard set, because of a huge difference in play style.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
jaafit
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 07:27 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       

Quoted from ES_Thunder:

we're taking the same approach to Ozarks and any other new maps going forward with regards to adding them to standard map set. New maps added through patches won't be in standard maps to start. If players like them and want them in standard maps, we'll add them.

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOE3&fview=1&showtopic=84043&st=40#

agecommunity quote of the month Ok i have payed for this game for al my moneythat i get in a month so when i go online isee these 9 year old kids that beat me that have played for 2 weeks and i have played since release of vanilla so im pretty pissed of that es dosent want to do anything about the balance of the game.
Garlock13
Skirmisher
posted 03-15-07 09:04 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
i dont like it, you get ur first shipment in age 2! (if u age fast enough)

ESO: Garlock
kuzyk
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 00:14 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
i played this map in a 3v3 today. a couple of us were in age 2 before 3 minutes. so i guess if you like fast starts...
Medio
Skirmisher
(id: Mediolanus)
posted 03-16-07 11:02 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Is Winter Wonderland now rated too?
SUX2000
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 12:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
The first time I played this map I was Iro and I thought the TC travois was my normal starting travois -_-

But I figured it out eventually ;-)

_____________________________\||/
______/____\_________________ /...\
______________\_____________(..__..)
______________[[_Crayola_]]>_. \___/
______________/_____.________ -||-
_____'-_______/____._.___._._.___/\
Qazitory
HG Alumnus
posted 03-16-07 01:00 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Not very funny with Iroquois:
-Big buttons
-All-food aenna
-lots of food treasures
-Free travois...
You can be in age2 at about 2:00 and quite some military coming already, wicked.

•Qazitory•
•AoE3 rating: Qazitory
My AoE3:TWC mods: QazUI - Treasure - Main Menu - Low Lag HC - Deck selection•
•Guide my keystrokes, keep my programs alive, protect me from viruses, back up my drive.•
ziGGysiGGy43
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 01:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Haha...YES! I love this map. It is so ridiculous with my Ottos. I just beat an Iroquois guy on it.
LordPatrick18
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 08:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I've never played Iroquois on it, but Ottos and Russians are insanely fast. I play Russians, and two out of 3 times, my 5 cossacks killed their forward base before it was made. I love this map.

P.S. My mighty fine lookin' Russian explorer ( Ruska ) loves it too, due to free treasures.

Congratulations Serge - Winner of the FFA Spring Series 2008
Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 02:38 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
The map is fun to play, but not very logical. You get a turkey as a spy. I thought this was a mistake, no way should this be a rated map. It is a custom map, like a lot of custom maps out there, fun, but should not come up under all maps (I know it won’t come up under standard). I like to play all maps because Amazon can be fun as well, but now I can't without seeing this ridiculous map?

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames