You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Sioux are quite enjoyable and make me wish...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sioux are quite enjoyable and make me wish...
futurehermit
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 07:44 AM EDT (US)         
I've been playing Sioux lately and am finding them quite enjoyable now that I have figured out how to use the siege dance to tear down buildings.

They make me yearn for the aom (not aot) playstyle though, which was a lot of 2nd age fighting, usually with cav (greek/norse). FFing every game gets kinda boring.

Although I must say I was going for a FF yesterday and this 1900 player (only knew that in retrospect looking at ELO ratings) tore me a new one with a solid aztec rush...

AuthorReplies:
tvurt
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 10:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Siege dance is quite scary, with FU cav. In a 3 v 3 I lost a fort, TC, 25 vills, and 2 plantations in about 2 minutes while some goons hurried back to my base from across the map. It was painful watching my econ die while there was nothing I could do about it.

Opris have nothing on late game Sioux.

Learn the Aztec BBR and watch for it - if you are not ready ... well you know.

tvurt
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3x@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
James Lock
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 11:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
I've been finding Sioux easy to beat lately, beating captains with civs many percieve to be weak such as Britain and Russia. Granted Russia is only seen as weak by those who think all Russia can do it rush, but Britain?

The siege dance doesn't compare to good old fashioned artillary, if you ask me.

The eco always seems worse than even an ottoman.

Thanks to all those that signed the petition to get me unbanned here.
And special thanks to smashnbash for making it.
futurehermit
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 11:42 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
yes, in my games so far, i've been sensing a weak econ.

however, *sigh* i am having hard time evaluating them because of the goddamn matchup system where it's based on PR (what the heck is PR even good for...) that has been matching me up with ELO-rated players first 1800-1900 for 5-6 games, then a couple 1500-1600 ranked players, then back to 1800-1900, etc.

I am getting very few of the enjoyable games where you get matched up against someone of equal skill

I miss the 1600 ladder-based system. They finally introduce the 1-nick per cdkey which essentially eliminates smurfing, but now the matchup system is all screwy I wish the could just put it all together for once

tvurt
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 02:15 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
The PR system is even worse for team games. 1v1 and 3v3 are different skills. I had a PR31 on my team a few weeks ago that never made any troops, and turned out to be a 1550 team player.

So yeah, PR is not an indicator of how good a game you will get.

tvurt
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3x@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
schildpad
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 02:39 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
For some reason the ammount of noobs/idiots in team games is growing exponential. After the 1st lieuts that send settler to build FB to enemy FB, and the captains that might just as well delete there settler, i have seen a captain with a elo for team games that was below 1400 (which made him worst 5%), and a lut col that lost 10 settler that where hunting half a screen away from a warhut. Especially how he lost them, i kept flaring constantly, even before they cav was attacking his settler, and there was no other fighting going on. How can you possibly lose that many settler without noticing the attack sound and all my flares?

And of course that were my allies, allthough the captain opponent who lost arround 20 cdb to 6 oprichis also wasnt really smart (he lost 15 before he noticed he was under attack, and again there was no other battles, so he should have heard the attack sound).

I really sometimes wonder if i am the only one who checks his minimap

"such a kind fellow!" ~ ķįŋğ_Ćħŗĩ_ĬĬ

Furby killer should be crowned leader of AOE forum ~ [SW_GD]Teutonic

wreckoning
Skirmisher
posted 03-16-07 07:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       

Quoted from schildpad:

lut col that lost 10 settler that where hunting half a screen away from a warhut. Especially how he lost them, i kept flaring constantly

Hmm I wonder if that is the same Lieut Col I played with once, who is ranked 1500 in team games...

And yes Sioux are fun. I'm not a big raider but with Sioux it gets addictive owning villies and then disappearing.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames