Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » French
Bottom
Topic Subject:French
Titans_n00b
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 12:27 PM EDT (US)         
Whenever I've played French, it always seems like they just FF and cuir+skirm+falc me to death. My question: Is there anything viable to do in colonial with French?

Just plain FFing is boring to me, I like to play through every age. Then again, I don't have a HC high enough to effectively FF, so that could be the problem...

Anyway, I just want to know what you do in colonial (besides mass xbows... that seems to be the only thing I've found.)Maybe hussar raiding? Or Native rushing..?

I'm open to all ideas, so post away.

n00bing ftw.
AuthorReplies:
blakeyboi14
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 12:35 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
You could play treaty games?

If you dont like the prospect of FFing...you can try to stick it out in colonial with natives/xbows...thats what i do when i played french, or I just ffed.

The FI is fun too...you can make it to industrial in under 10 minutes if that floats your boat.

You could also just wait till someone gives you a link to a strat.

-blake

Supporter of Gay Marriage.
Titans_n00b
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 12:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
I can only play 10 minute treaty games.. if it's any longer I go crazy due to the lack of violence ._________0

n00bing ftw.

[This message has been edited by Titans_n00b (edited 03-17-2007 @ 12:43 PM).]

XploSionS
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 12:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
lol sig attack

anyway you could do a musk/xbow rush and to be honest i find its alot more fun to stick it out in colonial then it is to ff because its so much moer fun and intense (my best record for musks at 15 mins is 94) pls post if you have beaten this

eso name: _XploSionS__

===quit due to the many many whinge and whine topics===

[This message has been edited by XploSionS (edited 03-17-2007 @ 12:52 PM).]

Titans_n00b
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 02:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Wow.. quoted in a signature.. that makes me feel all speshal...

Also, I have another question.

Is it worth it to revolt as France? CdBs do okay in combat, so I don't see any large benefit in revolting..

n00bing ftw.
Brtnboarder495
Skirmisher
posted 03-17-07 02:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
France is really strong right now due to them being one of very few, possibly 2, the other being spain, civs able to perform a "naked FF". Their CdB can resist a rush and own some HI with a market upgrade or shipment. Your best bet would be to perform an insane boom and then begin pumping military when they hit fortress. This is easy for most civs, and almost any civ on a water map, even if you don't have schooners. Send a wood chopping tech instead.

Those civs that lack a decent boom on land maps should be able to counter the France FF (Ottos, for example).

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames