You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » why doesn't ES implement ELO rating for quicksearch?
Bottom
Topic Subject:why doesn't ES implement ELO rating for quicksearch?
futurehermit
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-07 05:24 PM EDT (US)         
Gah, I just had to rant about this a little bit. PR + HC level is a stupid, stupid way to do matchmaking!!!

Look at the games I've played recently:

http://www.elorating.com/portal/portal/default/Players/AOE3PlayerPortletWindow?searchString=Futurehermit&action=2

Play against a 1850 then back to some 1700s then get some 1610s then get mauled 3-4 times in a row by 1900s...

How the heck is one supposed to get consistently better when one has to play such variable games time and time again???

I mean, what am I supposed to learn from getting torn a new a by some 1900s? or from bashing some low 1600s (I'm a 1700-1750 player...although it's hard to judge with such variable opponents...)?

You might argue I could set my games up in the game browser, but again all I have to go off of is PR and HC level, I'm not going to minimize and look up every player I face in ELO...

It's just very frustrating to face a pile of 1900s in a row as a 1700s player!

AuthorReplies:
exc4libulz1022
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-07 05:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
PR sucks. i once played a 1620 major.

"he will have a hard getting banks up"
~rel4xed

"I accidently drop kicked someone once"
~george_uk

[This message has been edited by exc4libulz1022 (edited 03-18-2007 @ 05:30 PM).]

George_uk
Skirmisher
posted 03-18-07 05:59 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
PR does suck. I thought I was getting better but really I've just been noob bashing.

Previously known as MoNo Ager
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames