You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » Team Teutonic Town Center > Great House
Bottom
Topic Subject:Team Teutonic Town Center > Great House
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 05-04-07 10:16 AM EDT (US)         
Team Teutonic TC gives you +50% Attack compared to GH's +100% Attack and TTTC give your TC's +30% HP while GH makes your TC's -50% Wood. Also TTTC is a Team shipment that can be sent in Age 1 compared to GH which can be sent in Age 2.

IMO TTTC > GH.

Discuss

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor

[This message has been edited by Catabre (edited 05-04-2007 @ 09:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Roark
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 10:20 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
One of the biggest strengths of great house is that new TCs can be built RAPIDLY by VILLAGERS for far reduced cost. This multiplies the effect of the 100% attack, allowing an iro player to turtle successfully in complete ignorance to anything his opponent is doing.

TTTC doesn't have these strengths, it just makes each of your teammates slightly less rushable. It's a modest improvement much like CM, and much unlike GH.

ESO: Naevius
Catabre
posted 05-04-07 10:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
GH lets your vils build TC's faster?

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

Lord_Richjp
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 11:31 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
No, but they can be built quickly by vills, and very cheaply. Also, I feel GH + other iro advantages/cards makes it more OP.

My grandmother slaps harder than the Agra Fort shoots. And she's dead. ~ Ender_Ward

By the same token, if I attempt to operate the mouse using nothing but my butt-cheeks, micro will also come down to "luck." ~ Beatnikjoe
Tordenskiold
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 01:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
Great House as an isolated thing is not really a big deal.

GH combined with Town Dance, Villagers build and Warchief eagle shot can be really strong.

Therefore Teutonic TC and Great House are not really comparable.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
Major Helper
AoKH Survivor, Mr. White Teeth
posted 05-04-07 02:10 PM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
what about german plus iro in one team with those cards :P

_,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,__,.-'~'-.,_
You, you... Finnish Barstool! - Enraged Popeychops
Major Helper: Helping AoE3H Housewives since 2008 - As_Saffah
I spent 3 months trying to convince a door that I was an intelligent life form and gave up. - TLM
Winner of "Nicest" (2012-2016), "Most Helpful" (2014) and "Best Moderator" (2015-2016) Forummer Awards
-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-=x=-
Cyclohexane
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 02:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
A lot of the problems with the Iroquois can be fixed by only allowing the Iroquois WC to build TC's. This would increase the TC build time dramatically and prevent the WC from being included in any battles while it was being built. The WC is what makes the Iroquois military strong, without him, their military, with the exception of Forrest Prowlers (to an extent), is weak and easily countered. This would be a great change for 1.04 and make further changes if necessary.

Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!................CYCLOHEXANE'S FREE GUIDES:

-TAD GUIDE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference -or view online: On-line
AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON SPREADSHEET: Unit Comparison Spreadsheet

See other guides, technological advancements, interviewing tips, and more at my website All Things Miscellaneous
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 04:04 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
Yeah, that'd be kewl.
TheBengals3
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 04:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
I can't comapre the two since I don't really have experience with Teutonic Town Center. But I think the way to fix GH would be to leave it the same excpet make it increase the cost instead of decrease. I think that would end GH spamming.
FERRANTE
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 07:44 PM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
The card would never be used then, as it takes up a valuable age 2 slot + the iro would have much better cards to send than one that increases attack by 100% and increases the price.
Eicho
Skirmisher
posted 05-04-07 07:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
I Think Great House should be balanced liek this:

- only 3 villagers allowed at a time to build a TC.
- TC cost = 400w
- TC attak + 80%

it will STILL be competitive, a good card for turtling, but wont be OP.

KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 12:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
Guys, the villager building TC thing is minor compared to the actual card. Any native civ can also take advantage of the villager building tc thing.

The card is still insanely broken. No other card increases the effectiveness of anything (as a whole) in the game by 150%.

No other card can also be helped so much by a civ bonus (well, native bonus in 2 cases).
You can effectively have 3 different ways to compliment this card.

-Fertility to pump out vils with cheap tcs
-Town Dance to increase that tc attack, and the missing piece, hp, 100%
-Founder Dance to provide your goliath tcs with assistance in the form of other offensive buildings. Provided you can also switch back over to Town Dance when you have a good infastructure built back up.

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
cquinn333
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 01:40 PM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
Oh man what if you play iroquois and germans on the same team, sent great house, and the team teutonic TC on top of that
GarlicKing
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 02:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
"No other card increases the effectiveness of anything (as a whole) in the game by 150%."

Town Destroyer increases Iro WC siege ability by 1400% :P

Sniped
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 04:17 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
what about german plus iro in one team with those cards :Pt island thread...
Yeah, that'd be kewl.

Ugh, think about a 4v4, Iro, Germans, Ports, and Aztecs...Super TC+Wall turtle.

[This message has been edited by Sniped (edited 05-05-2007 @ 04:17 PM).]

ultimitsu
Skirmisher
posted 05-05-07 05:16 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
1, Teutonic TC would be a better card if it was age2, because you only need it in age2, and that way you get 2 extra uhlans with it.

2, GH is manytimes better than TTC. the cost reduction is huge, it is what enables iro to put up a defense very very cheaply in fortress, 600w worth of TC can beat an army that cost over 2k res. TTC is doesnt have this ability. in fact TTC is pretty pointless from fortress onwards.

3, IB + GH > TTC + CM.

Adam42
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 07:05 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
TTC>GH imo, its just the other iro advantages such as vills ability to build them and town dance which multiplies it's effects that make gh seem stronger.
KingSteve3721
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 11:59 AM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
Town Destroyer increases Iro WC siege ability by 1400% :P

I realize your sarcasm, but i meant as a whole, meaning the whole unit, not just the siege damage of one unit...

[FeaR]{KingSteve3721}
“I love my name of honor, more than I fear death.”- Julius Caesar
"The Pope! How many divisions has he got?"- Joseph Stalin
"The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain."- Napoleon Bonaparte
"Dogs, would you live forever?"- Frederick the Great (addressing retreating Prussians at the Battle of Kolin)
somme
Skirmisher
posted 05-06-07 06:43 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
GH > TTC The cost reduction is just better than anything TTC can offer.

ESO : Pcfreak8
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is." -Jan L. A. van de Snepscheu
A pessimist is usually right and never disappointed.
Any history buff knows that nothing stops a cannon like a good uppercut. - BeatnikJoe
Catabre
posted 05-07-07 10:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
Imagine Germans teamed up with iros,. the iros send GH and the Germans send TTC. The iros get town dance with full vills, and improved buildings. That would suck to fight.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames