You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

General Discussions
Moderated by Maffia, LordKivlov, JimXIX

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Age of Empires III Heaven » Forums » General Discussions » VOD: __Sephiroth__ vs _rAiN
Bottom
Topic Subject:VOD: __Sephiroth__ vs _rAiN
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
(id: xMatt the Greatx)
posted 04-25-07 04:07 PM EDT (US)         
Dutch (me) vs Ottomans (him). The map is sonora and both players have decent hunts. I try not to be lame and stick it out in colonial for a while with skirms and pikes while he does a silk road semi-FF taking some early map control with jans.

I manage to take out his rax and one TP before he reaches fortress, but his age up troops + the threat of spahi force me back. I start putting out more pikes while he spams vet jans and shipments at me, forcing me into my little corner. 2 falc shipment is mean

Watch as 40 skirms one shot kills his artillery once I reach fort . GG

http://files.filefront.com//;7339006;;/

And to save people from scrolling down to read scriv's post, just copy and paste the link into the URL bar

enjoy

[This message has been edited by xSephirothx (edited 04-25-2007 @ 06:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 04:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
i'm gonna download it this time to get hte high quality
Thanks again for posting these seph, theyre fun to watch and educational too. :P

And to save seph having to edit, you have to copy and past the link rather than just click on it.

ESO2 - Crashtest

"I don't have 3 hours to break through your 50 layers of walls to kill you.
Real men play without walls." LordKivlov
Catabre
BFME2H Replay Reviewer - Library Guildsman
posted 04-25-07 06:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
Hey great job Seph, I really like seeing someones mouse pointer move around, it shows you how fast people can click.

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

"Whatever happened, BFME2H did it better. No Exceptions." - EnemyofJupitor
George_III
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 06:51 PM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
Meh, dutch. When brits? I'll dl it anyway, 16 mins of my precious time :P

Hm...

just copy and paste the link into the URL bar
I never did that, for me clicking on the hyperlink works very well for me...

Edit: ah, I tried with IE and it indeed doesn't work. FF > IE

[This message has been edited by George_III (edited 04-25-2007 @ 06:52 PM).]

StonewallJ
Seraph Emeritus
(id: Conquistador34)
posted 04-25-07 07:19 PM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
Ya, same here George. I never understood why he said that

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][] Stonewall J [][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Catabre
posted 04-25-07 07:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 28       
Finally Seph, a VOD without the French

"Apparently, arguing for the right to do something no-one wants to do is the lifeblood of HG." - TaylorFlame

xSephirothx
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 07:58 PM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
I say it because half the time filefront is lame and links you to some advertisement instead.
Ender_Ward
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 09:52 PM EDT (US)     7 / 28       
Ooh Rain still plays? Hmm, the old Ottoman master and the ex-Ottoman master. This should be interesting.

"One wants to be loved, failing that admired, failing that feared, failing that hated and despised. One wants to instill in other people some form of emotion. The soul shudders before emptiness and wants contact, no matter the cost."
xSephirothx
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 10:25 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
Just to let you know, he still makes 15k jans and 0 abus
NATron
Skirmisher
posted 04-25-07 10:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
I noticed that when you attacked buildings, they crumbled away. How do you turn that option on? Whenever I destroy buildings, it just disappears...

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I heard distant forests all the time - CunniJA
I found my Jabra!
tvurt
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 04:15 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
Thanks Man! I love that I can watch these at work!

They are a great break in a 16 hour coding marathon . .

tvurt
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3x@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
[img]http://www.skwizz.com/aoe_sign/tvurt@5@3@1@aoe3@250,250,250@220,172,58.png[/img]
AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 04:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28       
It was pretty cool. However, rain's unit choices didn't seem very good. He shuold have either gone hussar+abus (but hussars don't seem to exist to most ottomans) or falcs + some jans. It looked like he was going falcs+jans, but he didn't make enouh falcs for it to work.
TjRome
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 08:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Agreed. Also, he let you sit back and boom way too long. Very early on he should have given up on the jans and made abus and hussars.
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 08:45 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
meh. A 30 min download.... Its going at 300kbs, which is a good speed, but i tend to come up as yellow ping for a lot of browser games on eso2, does anybody know why that might be?
Its worth it though, so much better than a rec game. I have to play with the lowest graphics settings so its nice to see what the game is capable of...

ESO2 - Crashtest

xSephirothx
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 09:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
In order to make building crumble effect on, just turn your graphics up.

Abus + Hussar is nice, but I can just go hussar + skirm and win anyways (which I usually do).

My graphics are actually turned down a bit so that the game doesn't lag while FRAPS is recording

scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 09:07 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
My graphics are actually turned down a bit so that the game doesn't lag while FRAPS is recording

I hate you!

Edit: does playing in windowed mode help performance?

ESO2 - Crashtest

[This message has been edited by scriv1984 (edited 04-26-2007 @ 09:08 PM).]

The Crazy Idiot
Skirmisher
posted 04-26-07 09:56 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28       
Don't think so... but makes it easier to multitask in downtime.
Gomezd
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-07 05:48 AM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
Abus + Hussar is nice, but I can just go hussar + skirm and win anyways (which I usually do).

Win? or go HUssar skirm lol.

Entretaining game to watch as usual, and on a side note those Skirms are OP, NERF NERF skirms shouldnt counter their counters, one cannons should be able to take 70 skirms easy WTF?!

Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-07 08:04 AM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
Lol I played vs rAiN too with my dutch. He seems to do silkroad semi FF quiete often, but his jan spam+spahi+hussar harras in age2 got owned so badly by my 3 falcs, swiss pikes and skirm spam xD
Catabre
posted 04-27-07 10:53 AM EDT (US)     19 / 28       

I hate you!

I have my graphics on full with my pimped out 512 Mg PCI-E Card.

AI Guy
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-07 05:01 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28       
and on a side note those Skirms are OP, NERF NERF skirms shouldnt counter their counters, one cannons should be able to take 70 skirms easy WTF?!

Actually, about 15 cannons should be able to take down skirms easily. Of course, that's not quite cost-effective (wood and gold) nor time-effective, nor pop-effective, so let's say 10 cannons.

URdownfall
Skirmisher
posted 04-27-07 08:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 28       
how do you have your hotkeys so that when you select a building it doesn't auto center on that building?
scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-07 06:34 AM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
hotkeys shouldnt centre on the building unless you double-press the hotkey, or hold ALT as you press teh hotkey number....

If you have ur barracks hotkeyed "1" you should be able to just press 1 to bring up the options for the barracks without it centering.

ESO2 - Crashtest

URdownfall
Skirmisher
posted 05-02-07 10:13 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       
^are you talking about grouping hotkey or the preset hotkeys?

because I have my TC preset hotkey set to "t" and when ever i do that it centers, and i noticed Sepiroth's don't...enless he is using gouping hotkeys for his buildings as well

scriv1984
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-07 05:18 AM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
cant answer that cos i deleted the file after watching it, but you can see his group hotkeys at the top of the screen on the VOD. From memory, he has 2 hotkeys from the beginning, the scout, and something else.

ESO2 - Crashtest

xSephirothx
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-07 06:39 AM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
I use Ctrl Group 1 for Explorer, 2 for secondary explorer (later rax), and 3 for stable, 4 for artllery foundry.

Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-07 08:32 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
ctrl groups are 4 noobs!

kuzyk
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-07 09:51 AM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
do you feel it is faster/easier to have different control groups for each building? like 2 for rax, 3 for stable, 4 for artil range rather than just using group 2 as all 3 buildings?

ctrl groups are 4 noobs!

i agree. unfortunately im in that catagory so i use them. i link all the buildings i want to group 2, then typically put hand inf into group 3, range inf into 4, hand cav into 5, ranged cav 6, cannons/culv 7, 8 boats, 9 vils(early herding,fwd build,sevastopol abuse).

that isnt always the case, but for the most part it is.

i cant recall from the vid but do you hit 2 for your rax then another key to queue xbow or pike or do you click with the mouse?

Voltiguer
Skirmisher
posted 05-03-07 11:02 AM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
hotkeys are cool. I guess he uses them but I dunno.

I use them too, I just feel so great when I know instantly that x stands for xbow!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Empires III Heaven | HeavenGames